Hacking Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for Wii (and DS) games

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean retail cartridges don't work?
Retail cartridges work but you must own a Action Replay DS(i) device in order for retail games to work online. You use the program called WfcReplay v0.5.
With a copy of the game you drag and drop the ROM file onto WfcReplay.exe,
then it will make a code that you can use for the action replay ds(i) to allow the game to be played online.

Reactions: TomodachiTymek

TomodachiTymek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Retail cartridges work but you must own a Action Replay DS(i) device in order for retail games to work online. You use the program called WfcReplay v0.5.
With a copy of the game you drag and drop the ROM file onto WfcReplay.exe,
then it will make a code that you can use for the action replay ds(i) to allow the game to be played online.
Ah. Thank you very much! :)
But, now, I have one more question. Are there any Action Replay devices for DS games that work on the latest 3DS firmware?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Ah. Thank you very much! :)
But, now, I have one more question. Are there any Action Replay devices for DS games that work on the latest 3DS firmware?
better get an actual r4\flashcart... more functions and freedom, an action replay will probably be more expensive...
you can backup your real cards and use your own copies and saves... (but you need a old ds for backup\restore the saves..)

TomodachiTymek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
better get an actual r4\flashcart... more functions and freedom, an action replay will probably be more expensive...
you can backup your real cards and use your own copies and saves... (but you need a old ds for backup\restore the saves..)
Nah...I want to experience the real deal, from a legit copy... ;w;
It might seem foolish, but it's really important for me.
I'm willing to pay the price.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Nah...I want to experience the real deal, from a legit copy... ;w;
It might seem foolish, but it's really important for me.
I'm willing to pay the price.
hey i was looking for you, i found something...

you can use a flashcart to launch this http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/NitroHax/index.html
you launch it, swap your flashcart with your real game and you can select cheats and play...
its basically action replay for real cards using a flashcart to boot

Reactions: TomodachiTymek

TomodachiTymek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

you can use a flashcart to launch this http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/NitroHax/index.html
you launch it, swap your flashcart with your real game and you can select cheats and play...
Holy crap...thank you so much man! ;o;
I really appreciate this.
I'll look into this!

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

doesn't the 3DS automatically turn off if you take out a card while the game is running?

loco365

Trophies
XP
doesn't the 3DS automatically turn off if you take out a card while the game is running?
Not exactly shut off, it just won't read any game cartridges that are inserted after. The DSi and 3DS all do this, so NitroHax only works on the original Phat DS and DS Lite systems.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Holy crap...thank you so much man! ;o;
I really appreciate this.
I'll look into this!

i forgot tomodachi had a 3ds...
yeah, as team fail said, when you take out the card on a dsi or 3ds it will stop powering it... so basically it will not work on a dsi\3ds..
but i remember someone asking if they could use cheats on their real card, i just can't find who... and wanted to give them this...

TomodachiTymek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Not exactly shut off, it just won't read any game cartridges that are inserted after. The DSi and 3DS all do this, so NitroHax only works on the original Phat DS and DS Lite systems.

i forgot tomodachi had a 3ds...
yeah, as team fail said, when you take out the card on a dsi or 3ds it will stop powering it... so basically it will not work on a dsi\3ds..
but i remember someone asking if they could use cheats on their real card, i just can't find who... and wanted to give them this...
Luckily I still have a spare DSi... ;'3
But when I tried to use it, it gets stuck on a screen with rainbow squares and the game doesn't boot...

OngakuAikoka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I have a ds lite, I patched the ROM with software given, but when I go to WiFi connection settings, the screen is just white and nothing happens. Pokemon HG

D

Deleted User

How different is that server in comparison with ALTWFC?
^^^^^
Wiimmfi is closed-source, made by 2 people, and have other people constantly using and testing on it (IK, I'm a tester). I prefer Wiimmfi personally.
However, AltWFC is open-source, made by a few people, yet you can then understand how it works.

Reactions: cvskid

kratoz29

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
^^^^^
Wiimmfi is closed-source, made by 2 people, and have other people constantly using and testing on it (IK, I'm a tester). I prefer Wiimmfi personally.
However, AltWFC is open-source, made by a few people, yet you can then understand how it works.
Oh, seems good, but after a quick look seems like it doesn't' support Jump Ultimate Stars, the game which I play daily.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Oh, seems good, but after a quick look seems like it doesn't' support Jump Ultimate Stars, the game which I play daily.
I'm waiting for Pokémon Platinum/HGSS WiFi Plaza support myself which I used often, but it seems to be a peerchat issue that's preventing it from working properly.

D

Deleted User

I'm waiting for Pokémon Platinum/HGSS WiFi Plaza support myself which I used often, but it seems to be a peerchat issue that's preventing it from working properly.
Actually it's a combination of that and gamestats HTTP. Now, when we get the GTS/Battle Videos (Our gamestats guy is going to be compiling the pkmnFoundations stuff soon) we should have WiFi Plaza. We already have peerchat. However, on AltWFC itself, WFC Plaza times out due to it not finding a person.

Reactions: loco365

loco365

Trophies
XP
Actually it's a combination of that and gamestats HTTP. Now, when we get the GTS/Battle Videos (Our gamestats guy is going to be compiling the pkmnFoundations stuff soon) we should have WiFi Plaza. We already have peerchat. However, on AltWFC itself, WFC Plaza times out due to it not finding a person.
Oh, that's good to hear. I never made much use of it with my Japanese copy of Heart Gold, but Platinum will be getting its fair share of use soon! :D

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: