::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
I bought the DSONE a few months ago, it seemed totally cool when I first used it, in comparison to my old supercard SD.
It had all those cool features like RTS and realtime cheats but what bugged me the most was the slow-as-hell GUI.Isn't it about time they revamped it?
Those guys only care about the cash and not us the customers.
Lastly, isn't it about time they released an update, they haven't released one since, what? 3 months ago or something?
I would prefer a low budget acekard 2 or an iTouch, next time I won't go with supercard products, I suggest you to do the same.

I would have posted that in their forums but it's not worth the time since I'd only get some stupid engrish replies.

-Noitora

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Heh, I still use my Scds1 from time to time, but most of the time I use my Acekard 2
wub.gif

The main reason why I don't use it isn't because the GUI is laggy, it's just because I have a Scds1 v2 which doesn't support SDHC.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
So it sucks ass because the gui sucks ass?
I won't deny it sucks but the card has one of the most dedicated teams behind it and the best features. Second only to the CycloDS Evolution.

If the GUI bothers you so much then why don't you use the triple-loader?

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Xcalibur said:
I won't deny it sucks but the card has one of the most dedicated teams behind it and the best features. Second only to the CycloDS Evolution.

The features are good, I won't deny that, but they should have spent some time making the gui faster to browse with long time ago...that's just my opinion.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Noitora said:
Xcalibur said:

The features are good, I won't deny that, but they should have spent some time making the gui faster to browse with long time ago...that's just my opinion.
Then just use YSMenu or TTMenu with it, they're lightning fast
smile.gif

I've became used to the laggy menu... btw, it's pretty to see, so I try to live with it. Oh well, a faster menu wouldn't be bad.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Of all the flashcarts I've used, the SCDS1 is by far my least favorite. In addition to the horrible, slow interface (I hate Moonshell), most of the features that make it stand out are implemented poorly.

It had an in-game text viewer before the Evo did, but you have to convert the text before you can use it, the converter seems to remove all formatting, making ascii maps and such unusable, and the font is so big you can only see a tiny bit of text on screen at once.

It is the only cart that lets you turn individual cheats on or off during gameplay, but it requires you to compile the cheats into a seperate file for each game, it only lets you see the first 14 characters of the cheat name, and the tools that are available for converting a real cheat database for use on the SCDS1 do not work well, so you pretty much have to go and set up each cheat file yourself.

THEY WON'T FIX THE GODDAMN SAVE NAMES!!! It always uses DOS filenames for the saves it generates, so instead of easily readable filenames that match the roms, you get GAMEXY~1.sav. This is not good if you have more than one game in a series on your cart at once. If you had all three Castlevania games on your memory card at once, and you don't have the rom numbers in the filenames, the save filenames would be CASTLE~1.SAV, CASTLE~2.SAV and CASTLE~3.SAV, numbered in the order of their creation

You can get around this by using the DSTT menu or YSmenu, but if you do that you won't have any of the features you bought the SCDS1 for in the first place, so you would have been better off getting a DSTT for $10 instead.

The only thing it really has going for it is the fact that so far, the Supercard team has not abandoned any of its old products.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there was a thread on the official forum were the sc team said they would not fix any of the problems with the scdsone
save names
cheats
moonshell
RTGuide
ete ete

so i bought a cyclods after having scdsones's for 18 months & ive never looked back (cyclods FTW)

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Noitora said:
It had all those cool features like RTS and realtime cheats but what bugged me the most was the slow-as-hell GUI.Isn't it about time they revamped it?
Lastly, isn't it about time they released an update, they haven't released one since, what? 3 months ago or something?
I would prefer a low budget acekard 2 or an iTouch, next time I won't go with supercard products, I suggest you to do the same.

I would have posted that in their forums but it's not worth the time since I'd only get some stupid engrish replies.

-Noitora

Oh god help you should you have to wait 20 seconds for a game to start! It's still faster than physically swapping carts so it's fine.
Yea, that's why they actually keep updating the slot 2 solutions. Right?
What games aren't working then? Pretty much everything seems fine on mine.
Good for you?

So in conclusion you just thought you'd bitch on a forum where there's no chance of having them respond than put up with non-native english speakers?

Cool story brah.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Carnivean said:
Noitora said:

-Noitora
Oh god help you should you have to wait 20 seconds for a game to start! It's still faster than physically swapping carts so it's fine.
Yea, that's why they actually keep updating the slot 2 solutions. Right?
What games aren't working then? Pretty much everything seems fine on mine.
Good for you?

So in conclusion you just thought you'd bitch on a forum where there's no chance of having them respond than put up with non-native english speakers?

Cool story brah.
20 seconds?
huh.gif
More like 3-5 seconds.

George290506

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
If you use a "Giant Monster" to fight another with a "Little Monster", who is going to win!?
Set SCDS1 instead of "Giant Monster"
Set ANYother flashcart instead of "Little Monster"
Set WHATEVER Supercard offers to you -in comparison to other flashcart companies- instead of "fight"

QUOTE said:
care about the cash and not us the customers -> I own SC flashcarts since 2005. ALL WORK and are Updated.
some countable -with the fingers of 1 hand- negatives... but SoO! MANY & UNcountable Positives:
slow skin -> the only 1 negative
no updates? -> Ha,Ha,Ha
laugh.gif
!!! Who need thems. SCDS1 RARELY needs updates. Check its compatibility...
20 s load time is just fake (check your memory card first!)-> 5 s is the maximum
Cheats Codes -> Not the best point but it is really good
In Game Guide -> Very Helpful
compatibility /w homebrew -> 1 of the Best
compatibility /w roms -> BEST
On the fly Skin Change -> Not a common feature for other flashcarts
Real Time Save -> UNIQUE & Extremely Helpful
price? -> Cheap enough to compete the others

You can Be a Winner...
wink.gif
Just give it a try...
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News