Status
Not open for further replies.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
There are two possibilities here:

1: It's the WiiU's Private key, which in that case, congratulations, Fail0verflow!

2: It's an SHA1 for a code release/utility/exploit to be released in 8 days time.

Guess someone needs to start testing to see if it's the former, eh?

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
Probably more of the second option, when you take Marcan's last tweet into account:

Pro tip: 40 character hex strings are usually SHA1 hashes, not encryption keys

Reactions: Rydian

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I highly doubt it's the Wii U's private key, I'm almost certain they wouldn't leak it even if they found it. Also, 8 days appears to be how long it took for them to get that key/hash, since the Wii U was released in Europe 8 days ago.

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
I've also been wondering about that, it's hard to tell what it means. I'd love it to be an ARG of some kind, stuff like that rocks. Slim chances though

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one who finds it odd that only the first 32 characters are highlighted though?
I just thought that was an attempt at some kind of signature, replicating the style of the fail0verflow logo

screen_logo.png

Reactions: pelago

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the conspiracy theories begin, just wait a couple weeks and we'll see what this is all about :B

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the WiiU's Private key, which in that case, congratulations, Fail0verflow!

There is no way in hell that it is the Wii U's Private key (unless Nintendo really fucked up). The first 16 bytes might have been the Wii U common key, but I tried that (by decrypting some Wii U stuff from NUS), and it doesn't seem to be. I suspect it is a SHA1 hash, but the separation of the first 16 bytes from the last 4 is odd.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Certainly not going to be the private key, that doesn't even make sense. If it was going to be a key, it'd be the public/common key (the one which each WiiU actually has in it). However, it's probably not that either. Judging by marcan's tweet, I'd say it's definitely a SHA1 hash.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, marcan essentially said it is a sha1 hash. The question is what it is a hash of. BTW these countdown things usually piss me off (I'm talking to you square enix).

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought it was more likely to be an SHA1 hash, being so short compared to the nearly 150 character PS3 key.

I do hope we see something soon though. Those Gamepad-Based emulators in the future call to me...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
And the conspiracy theories begin, just wait a couple weeks and we'll see what this is all about :B
I refuse. I will stay up at night, neglecting the urge to pee, in order to unravel the mystery.

Yep, marcan essentially said it is a sha1 hash. The question is what it is a hash of. BTW these countdown things usually piss me off (I'm talking to you square enix).
2.gif

Stalkid64X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's fairly clearly intended as "this is how long it took", not a countdown... it is 8 days since European launch, which equates to more than a couple of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok