OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hey
I am back on the Wii U scene after a long time.

Should I install Aroma or Tiramisu ? Both seems to be very similar

Any advantages from using aroma over tiramisu ?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
The good news here is that they're launched the same way, via PayloadLoader installed into the Health & Safety app, with the only difference being the files on your SD card. You can have both on your SD card and boot into either one.

Aroma has a lot of features that Tiramisu doesn't like runtime plugins for Amiibo emulation, FTP, full region-free support, etc. The main thing you lose is support for some legacy homebrews, e.g. RetroArch doesn't work under Aroma currently.

The obvious answer is to have both on your SD card, but autoboot into whichever one better suits your needs. Personally, I autoboot into Aroma and manually boot Tiramisu (hold X on boot) when I need it. You could do the opposite if you use, e.g. RetroArch a lot.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't agree with Ber71 for the moment, the Response is Put Tiramisu for the moment UNTIL much more homebrews work.
Latest Retroarch, the most wanted homebrew on wiiU doesn't work as said.
Almost ALL Homebrew don't work....Loadiine, WiiUshell doesn't work and is very useful for me, Don't think decaffeinator or Bloopair works, Padcon, wiiu appstore, I don't think forwarders work. Almost only Nusspli, wup installer,wiiupluginloader, Savemii works. Can somebody tell me if I'm wrong? This want a testing at a moment ago. Also, VWII homebrew which work fine under tiramisu might not work under aroma.

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I don't agree with Ber71 for the moment, the Response is Put Tiramisu for the moment UNTIL much more homebrews work.
Latest Retroarch, the most wanted homebrew on wiiU doesn't work as said.
Almost ALL Homebrew don't work....Loadiine, WiiUshell doesn't work and is very useful for me, sign_c2w_patcher doesn't work (makes better speed for emulation), Don't think decaffeinator or Bloopair works, Padcon, wiiu appstore, I don't think forwarders work. Almost only Nusspli, wup installer,wiiupluginloader, Savemii works. Can somebody tell me if I'm wrong? This want a testing at a moment ago. Also, VWII homebrew which work fine under tiramisu might not work under aroma.
Well, I made an aroma version of WiiUShell, so you might want to check that out https://apps.fortheusers.org/wiiu/WiiU-Shell-wuhb

Reactions: zfreeman and ber71

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seems c2w patcher,Wuud, Ntrview, Padcon.Plugin are also Aroma now, but that represents only 15% of homebrew for the moment...Also, I found Retroarch and loadiine_gx2 lie the most usefull appz, so I might never pass to Aroma with the hate for loadiine....

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah the lack of support for retroarch and loadiine is a bit dissapointing. Other than that, you won't miss anything for daily usage.

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Interested in this thread. Which is the advance of aroma any way?
As far as I read seems like need more develop and is less compatible than tiramisu. What become so popular in tutoría? Which reasons are to use aroma and not stay at tiramisu?

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Pro: Aroma is better.
Con: Retroarch doesn't work with it.

Also it's not like you have to delete Tiramisu. They both can be on the SD card and you can dual boot them.
to be honest retroarch is a good point for me to use tiramisu as default
for the moment I don’t have criteria till I plug Wii U for the first. I figure that retro compatibility with wii is important too, usb loader gx forwarder and some Wii U exclusive games
Are the same files for home brew apps that are used for tiramisu an aroma? At least have the same extension. Do you have to install in every CFW or once installed in tiramisu it are shown in aroma when you switch?

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any alternatives to retroarch for aroma? I haven't dug into emulation on wii u much since retroarch kinda pales compared to the standalone options the Wii had.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I mostly use my Wii U for...
-RetroArch
-Loadiine (DS Enulation)
-Nintendont
-Wii (VC injects and Homebrew Emulators)

I guess I’m gonna stick with Tiramisu, I don’t see any benefits for me to switch to Aroma.

P.S. also FTP works with Tiramisu, so is running games from different regions.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are the same files for home brew apps that are used for tiramisu an aroma? At least have the same extension. Do you have to install in every CFW or once installed in tiramisu it are shown in aroma when you switch?
Depends. Aroma has an option to ignore .rpx homebrews in case .wuhb homebrews with the same name are in place. So while Aroma can load .rpx it is recommended to use .wuhb files. Tiramisu can't load .wuhb but .rpx. Aroma can't load .elf homebrews (like RetroArch) but Tiramisu can.

-Loadiine (DS Enulation)
Switch to DS VC.
-Nintendont
-Wii (VC injects and Homebrew Emulators)
Neither Tiramisu nor Aroma touch vWii, so whatever you have running in vWii will continue to work on Aroma. Ofc. there's one exception to the rule: Forwarders. Some old forwarders might not be compatible with Aroma but new ones can be made with ease.

That said your only reason to not switch seems to be RetroArch. ;) That's ofc. a valid reason, I won't argue on that.

Reactions: jeannotte

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Jayro Why wait? As you have Tiramisu installed already: Just download the Aroma package ( https://aroma.foryour.cafe/ ), extract it to the SD card and you're done installing Aroma. Now you can dual-boot by holding X while booting the Wii U (at that bootmenu that pops up you can also change the default booted CFW from Tiramisu to Aroma if you want).
In case you dislike it just remove the folder you extracted previously and it's deinstalled. Simple, isn't it? ;)

Oh, don't forget to copy the sigpatches module from Tiramisu to Aroma. The guide is still missing this important step.
Also maybe have a look at https://gbatemp.net/threads/compilation-of-plugins-apps-for-aroma.631167/ for some cool things Aroma can do.

• Wow
Reactions: Jayro

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What’s DS VC?
Virtual console:
The Virtual Console (VC) service was a video game download service that was offered by Nintendo through the Wii Shop Channel and the Nintendo 3DS' and Wii U's eShop.
So Nintendos official way to play DS games. To utilize it you use something like https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-uwuvci-injectiine.486781/ to inject your own ROMs into Nintendos emulator.

//EDIT: Note that Loadiine does not include an emulator but is using VC, too, so compatibility is exactly the same.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
@Jayro Why wait? As you have Tiramisu installed already: Just download the Aroma package ( https://aroma.foryour.cafe/ ), extract it to the SD card and you're done installing Aroma. Now you can dual-boot by holding X while booting the Wii U (at that bootmenu that pops up you can also change the default booted CFW from Tiramisu to Aroma if you want).
In case you dislike it just remove the folder you extracted previously and it's deinstalled. Simple, isn't it? ;)

Oh, don't forget to copy the sigpatches module from Tiramisu to Aroma. The guide is still missing this important step.
Also maybe have a look at https://gbatemp.net/threads/compilation-of-plugins-apps-for-aroma.631167/ for some cool things Aroma can do.
Oh, well if it's that easy then I'll bite. Thanks for the resources!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head