Should i play puyo puyo trough dr robotnik's mean bean machine and kirby's avalanche or i should play the original version?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puyo Puyo Champions is available on all major systems for $10 and $5 for discount on sale sometimes. :ninja:
Steam (PC)
Eshop (Nintendo Switch)
PS Store (Playstation 4 & 5)
Xbox Store (Xbox One & Series X/S)

It has a very extensive tutorial for beginners, enough to take a first time player to a "Grand Master" (If you have the patience) A lesson mode to study strategies and hone skill.

Mutiplayer for up to 4 players at once (locally or online, but no cross platform play) and various game modes for variety. It's also the most accessible.

If enjoy tetris, you may consider buying Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 :ninja:

The first one is $20 and the second one is $30 (of course on sale is much affordable) and again on all major systems. It combines both Puyo Puyo & Tetris into one game. You can choose to play "Just Puyo or Just Tetris" or game modes that mix both into the gameplay. They both have tutorial and practice modes but the second one adds more game modes (And SONIC THE HEDGHEHOG.... because he isn't in Dr.Robotnik mean bean machine) :P

Either one of these three is a good pick. Champions is just cheaper so it's low investment to get your start. It's marketed for competitive players though but having tutorial and teaching tools help ease into it. Puyo Tetris 2 offers more content and includes teaching tetris techniques. The first one is just not required unless you just want to play story mode in my opinion. The first two Puyo tetris games have story modes by the way, mostly another teaching tool for learning the game.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!