Show us your cans/earphones!

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I use these
213A5EZejoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sony In-Ear Headphones with in-line volume control for iPods. The actual code for them is really long: MDREX38IPB.CE7
Probably not the best headphones but they work well enough for me and my iPod. I use activator to map skip track to the volume controls and I never have to take my iPod out of my pocket :D

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
skullcandy_iconsoft_blackgreen.jpg

skullcandy-icon-soft-blackgreen-69090f57240af622fd206af732dba309.jpg

Skullcandy ICON - pretty fancy as I don't usually buy headphones that exceed $20. These were worth it though as they simply look rad and the sound's relatively good considering the price. That said, I do have to change the jack, it's sort of "loose" now due to wear-and-tear and I don't want that. Gotta get one of'em heavy-duty ones and solder it nicely. Another nice touch are the exchangable decals - I'm using the lower ones.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
LOL why are people posting pictures of the default ipod headphones and cheap £2 stuff XD

i use these, they cost me around £40 and do the job good enough.

41n9lUEzWUL.jpg

even if i could afford the beats (which i can) i wouldn't buy them because they are not worth the money compared to decent headphones that cost much less, people buy beats just to look cool when they are outside.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I have been hearing good things about Wicked Audio since they showed up in CES 2011, so I decided to take a shot at these. I couldn't decide what color I wanted, so I got both.
YYI1-CL3683-main.jpg

643813.jpg

I use these on my Xbox 360
logitech-wireless-headset-f540.png

And I bought these for my mother for her laptop
31Ai3O2jEUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

As far as the Wicked Audio cans go, they suck! one pair broke within a week. Snapped at the adjustment band. Audio quality is good for $12, but the build quality is questionable at best.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
-snip-

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's. I considered the ATH-M50's but these seemed like a better option for both SQ and portability. I never thought i'd ever spent over £100 on headphones....
Were they worth the money? And how's comfortability + durability + weight? I did my own research on headphones and I came across choosing between those and the Sony MDR-7506.

this is what I use for recording purposes
-snip-
Outside of recording, can you bring them outside of a working environment? I've also considered these since I've read good reviews on them and they're cheaper than the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Were they worth the money? And how's comfortability + durability + weight? I did my own research on headphones and I came across choosing between those and the Sony MDR-7506.

It depends what you want them for, what you're playing music on, how that music is encoded and what music you're listening to....which in essence highlights that they're doing a good job (as on cheaper headphones i've never noticed as much difference between sources). Of course paying that much money for a pair of headphones is somewhat nuts and even if they complimented me on my taste in music after i finished listening to every album, i'd still feel a bit awful for spending so much. However, these are a solid pair of well performing headphones and i don't regret getting them....i certainly don't need to worry about new headphones for anything other than easy listening at home (i'd want an open back pair with a larger soundstage and more comfort).

They're not uncomfortable, but i'm somewhat used to supra-aural headphones. However, i have noticed that sometimes when i'm wearing glasses they can sit uncomfortably until i adjust my glasses sides. due to the pressure on my ear-glasses-head. Lack of comfort never really enters the equation for me - i read the same warnings about them clamping down but generally they're fine. And they isolate outside sound wonderfully....even better than my previous Sennheiser noise cancelling phones.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is what I use for recording purposes
-snip-
Outside of recording, can you bring them outside of a working environment? I've also considered these since I've read good reviews on them and they're cheaper than the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II.
it's a plain eq headphone used for mixing/mastering music.... you won't get any bass boost, so movies and games fx sounds dont get any benefit from it, besides the high quallity sound. If you gonna use it to listening music, make sure the eq of your player it's turned off because that defeats the purpose of these headphones.

you can get a good headphone that will do the job for much less... it all depends on what you want to use it

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They're not uncomfortable, but i'm somewhat used to supra-aural headphones. However, i have noticed that sometimes when i'm wearing glasses they can sit uncomfortably until i adjust my glasses sides. due to the pressure on my ear-glasses-head. Lack of comfort never really enters the equation for me - i read the same warnings about them clamping down but generally they're fine. And they isolate outside sound wonderfully....even better than my previous Sennheiser noise cancelling phones.
That's good to read for me! You've pretty much answered all my questions so thanks for the reply!

it's a plain eq headphone used for mixing/mastering music.... you won't get any bass boost, so movies and games fx sounds dont get any benefit from it, besides the high quallity sound. If you gonna use it to listening music, make sure the eq of your player it's turned off because that defeats the purpose of these headphones.

you can get a good headphone that will do the job for much less... it all depends on what you want to use it
Not too interested in heavy bass but I see what your saying. Listening to soft rock may pose a problem for the lack of bass so I will reconsider. When you say good headphones that will do the job, what do you have in mind? I would mostly use them for listening to music outside of me home, so they'll have to be not too heavy in terms of weight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm talking about visiting areas he hides his bodies at
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Vice City kind of feels like Miami lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, it's a parody iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea think that's where it was supposed to be, Miami
    +1
    Having been to Miami hmmm probably a hundred times lol
    Back in my days as a delivery driver for a cartel well driver slash guy they would send if a payment was forgotten lol
    you know to help them find their checkbook lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gta4 was NewYork or Chicago, gta5 is California
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn camera phones catching crimes
    Always some women screaming... You break a few thousand dollars worth of crap in someone's living room and they scream lol
    lol Ken yeah the things I did as a kid I am soooo glad those didn't exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If someone breaks my $20 TV stand their nose is getting broke
    Psi would be doing like 300-3,000 years in prison lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Have some in closet allegations?
    Someone tried to pull a gun on me once, they reached into the couch thinking I wouldn't notice, quick kick to the arm snapping it between the wrist and elbow broke like a swing lol I reached into the couch to see what was in there, cool a free .380 lol had to hit him with it a few times to remind him not to do it again lol
    He had the 20K he owed the very next day it was a miracle lol
    Psi was a bad bad man at one point lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a GTA based on your life, or at least put you in 6 as a character.
    I don't think people would believe 10% of the things I have done lol thank god...
    I have a giant check list of impossible things, and I haven't done them all yet lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Was the pot farmer in San andreas
    I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of shit lol the reality is I am sad it got away.... I wanted a pet alligator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You live in Florida, so I believe it, you guys are crazy.
    At the time I would have probably fed it people lol
    Seriously cocaine not even once lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Seriously cocaine not even once lol