Not open for further replies.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
princefarzan

So, if no matter what all money that I save up for gaming goes into that market.

Importing a game to never be localizes giving them extra profit at the same time losing ~twice that money to go to my local market.

vs

Using all that money for my local market and pirate a game to never be localize that wouldn't hurt
them.

Are you saying that not justified? fine.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Urza said:
I think there's a disconnect between you and reality, Issac.

And here came the personal attacks, thank you.

being subtle doesn't help, being obvious doesn't either. I can't understand how someone don't see how there's a difference in day-1 piracy, and giving a console an honest start for 6 months. (especially since many of those who do want a day-1 piracy device want a $6 R4 plug and play you're set never look back thingy...)

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
Urza said:
I think there's a disconnect between you and reality, Issac.

And here came the personal attacks, thank you.

being subtle doesn't help, being obvious doesn't either. I can't understand how someone don't see how there's a difference in day-1 piracy, and giving a console an honest start for 6 months. (especially since many of those who do want a day-1 piracy device want a $6 R4 plug and play you're set never look back thingy...)
That wasn't a personal attack at all.

If you can bring out sales figures showing the realistic effects of piracy, then please do. The point I brought up in my previous post (which you seem to have ignored) brings up an argument which is just as (if not more) legitimate than yours.

princefarzan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
princefarzan

So, if no matter what all money that I save up for gaming goes into that market.

Importing a game to never be localizes giving them extra profit at the same time losing ~twice that money to go to my local market.

vs

Using all that money for my local market and pirate a game to never be localize that wouldn't hurt
them.

Are you saying that not justified? fine.

Again, I never said pirating is bad, but to the people that do say so and pirate themselves is just annoying to hear.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
Puppy_Washer said:
I completely agree with thegame07.

Oh, and I thought I'd point out...
Ikki said:
I used to pirate games
Ikki said:
I never supported piracy and never will.

I was never okay with doing it.

This. Just because someone pirates doesn't mean they like it. OOH OOH! Quote Time
smile.gif

QUOTE(machomuu @ Mar 27 2011, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE(ferret7463 @ Mar 27 2011, 08:42 AM)
Oh COME ON HankChill and Machomuu, don't you give me that " I'm holier then Thou" crap. I would almost bet as soon as as they release a 3DS game Card you two will be the FIRST to go and get one. If you were not interested in downloading games you would not be on this topic.
dry.gif
Honestly, I'm not interested in downloading games, nor do I think I'm better than anyone. I don't give a crap whether people pirate or not and I don't give a crap about laws. I didn't stop because I cared that it was illegal, I stopped because I wanted to and nothing more. If it comes down to it, I'll download the games I own/ed because I have a DSi and can't back-up m own games, so I have no qualms about downloading games. We're equals, pirate or ex-pirate, it doesn't really matter.

Also, just because I'm not a pirate doesn't mean I don't use my flashcarts, and if there came along a method for playing backups I'll take advantage of it.
A quote from an ex-pirate. At least I don't think I was being arrogant or a hypocrite in that post, but that's not for me to decide.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The important thing is that you've managed to make yourself feel better than both pirates and anti-pirates.

D

Deleted-188346

machomuu said:
Ikki said:
Puppy_Washer said:

Ikki said:
I used to pirate games
QUOTE(Ikki @ Mar 28 2011, 05:58 PM) I never supported piracy and never will.
This. Just because someone pirates doesn't mean they like it. OOH OOH! Quote Time
smile.gif
It's not about whether they like it. He did support piracy by:
A) Buying a flashcard.
B) Pirating games.

Also, I'm sure that he liked piracy at the time, when he was, you know, playing games for free.

It doesn't matter that he had money later on to purchase games. People who look down upon pirates don't care about the circumstances of pirates. Thus, it's hypocritical for Ikki to look down upon piracy (which can safely be assumed that he does, from his original post), when many pirates may and most likely do share the same circumstances.

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
*first post*
I dont yell at people for pirating with the 3DS, I yell at people who stupidly ask when a full working flashcard for 3DS is going to come out.
I do this because they all need to learn that there is almost no way in hell we can possibly fully know when the hackers will finish working or even if they are working.
This act by noobs bothers the shit out of me

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer said:
It doesn't matter that he had money later on to purchase games. People who look down upon pirates don't care about the circumstances of pirates. Thus, it's hypocritical for Ikki to look down upon piracy (which can safely be assumed that he does, from his original post), when many pirates may and most likely do share the same circumstances.
So I'm assuming you think if someone pirated a game and then bought it later is as bad as someone who just pirate?

QUOTE(Oveneise @ Mar 28 2011, 04:24 PM) Piracy is bad. Why should you get the game for free while everyone else pays for it? And developers don't make games for free, either. *puts on flame suit*
Did you read the thread? Everything isn't black and white.

D

Deleted-188346

KingVamp said:
Puppy_Washer said:
So I'm assuming you think if someone pirated a game and then bought it later is as bad as someone who just pirate?
Yes. If everybody on earth pirated games, and then purchased those 2 years later, the company who made the game in the first place would be bankrupt.
Additionally, if you bought the game later, you're paying less (due to the inevitable price decrease), which means you're paying less to the developers, even though you were enjoying their product when the price was higher.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thegame07 said:
haflore said:
You can't actually pirate on 3DS yet...
unsure.gif

That's my point m8, there are people on Gbatemp at the moment jumping down peoples throats even if the hint at there being a 3ds flashcard. I think people forget what this site was made from.
I know right? This is sad. When I'm buying the 3DS, I'm not gonna pirate.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer said:
KingVamp said:
Puppy_Washer said:
Yes. If everybody on earth pirated games, and then purchased those 2 years later, the company who made the game in the first place would be bankrupt.
Additionally, if you bought the game later, you're paying less (due to the inevitable price decrease), which means you're paying less to the developers, even though you were enjoying their product when the price was higher.
Who says two years later, who say buy the cheaper one? This situation could be at a week time. If a new game drop in a week, that the game fault.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer said:
machomuu said:
Ikki said:
Puppy_Washer said:

Ikki said:
I used to pirate games
QUOTE(Ikki @ Mar 28 2011, 05:58 PM) I never supported piracy and never will.
smile.gif
It's not about whether they like it. He did support piracy by:
A) Buying a flashcard.
B) Pirating games.

Also, I'm sure that he liked piracy at the time, when he was, you know, playing games for free.

When you say "he", are you talking about someone in particular? I was making a generality.

D

Deleted-188346

KingVamp said:
Puppy_Washer said:
KingVamp said:
Puppy_Washer said:
Who says two years later, who say buy the cheaper one? This situation could be at a week time. If a new game drop in a week, that the game fault.
It could be an hour later, day later, week later, year later. It doesn't matter.
A better point would be that if you paid money for a flashcard, you're funding the flashcard team. Who, in turn, develop future flashcards, which will inevitably take more money from developers.

Or, if you downloaded a game, you're encouraging hacking teams to upload future games.

You can split hairs all you like, but ultimately, if you've ever pirated, and you criticize piraters, you're a hypocrite.

Sorry, double posted!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer said:
KingVamp said:
Puppy_Washer said:
KingVamp said:
Puppy_Washer said:
It could be an hour later, day later, week later, year later. It doesn't matter.
A better point would be that if you paid money for a flashcard, you're funding the flashcard team. Who, in turn, develop future flashcards, which will inevitably take more money from developers.

Or, if you downloaded a game, you're encouraging hacking teams to upload future games.

You can split hairs all you like, but ultimately, if you've ever pirated, and you criticize piraters, you're a hypocrite.
Too true. Though I do get pissed when a new game is released and people whine and complain that there's AP or it hasn't been dumped. Pirate or not, I'll tell them to "Just go and buy the f***ing game!" I hate people who complain about AP and no dumps when they can stop being lazy and just go buy the game! Even when I was a pirate I found this EXTREMELY annoying.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
SNIPPED!!

this is why some CFW writers for the *dying* PSP wait a few weeks to release their update "fixes" until the first 3 weeks a game is released...

the famous CFW Prometheus creator LiquidZgong, didn't release Promethus~4 until the sales data was in for Monster Hunter 3rd G (japan)

yet he still was slammed from those Chinese "government" fucks

so he leaked it instead..moral of the story is.....nice guys / hackers finish last?...that is for another thread.
rolleyes.gif

WHAT MY POINT IS, IS THAT : DS and PSP game devs make AP to prolong the piraters from instantly pirating it. forcing users to purchase the game if they plan to enjoy the game at that moment in time.

this in return will hopefully get more sales than if normally EVERYONE instantly pirated it on day 1...like in the PRE-Final-Fantasy-Ring-Of-Fates Era

Sure it will be cracked by the famous Xenophobia and Venom and the other dumpers AND the flashcart teams..but FOR NOW. the AP is more of a temporary deterrent to buy the game so you can enjoy it now instead of "waiting*

If devs could make uncrackable AP however, they would.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
QUOTE said:
SNIPPED!!

this is why some CFW writers for the *dying* PSP wait a few weeks to release their update "fixes" until the first 3 weeks a game is released...

the famous CFW Prometheus creator LiquidZgong, didn't release Promethus~4 until the sales data was in for Monster Hunter 3rd G (japan)

yet he still was slammed from those Chinese "government" fucks

so he leaked it instead....nice guys / hackers finish last?...that is for another thread.
rolleyes.gif

WHAT MY POINT IS, IS THAT. DS and PSP game devs make AP to prolong the piraters from instantly pirating it. forcing users to purchase the game if they plan to enjoy the game at that moment in time.

this in return will hopefully get more sales than if normally EVERYONE instantly pirated it on day 1...like in the PRE-Final-Fantasy-Ring-Of-Fates Era
lol
single-brick.jpg

For all of you who didn't already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok