Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How are they acting strange?
well after each key the command line tells me command not found and then the paython shell closes, well I guess I overread this:
boot9tools repo said:
The stdout from the first two tools can be used with the AES keys config used by ctr-cryptotool. These two tools also require the the decimal offset in the input boot9 file for the keyarea. Relative to 0xffff8000 this is: retail = 22624(offset 0x5860 / addr 0xffffd860), devunit = 23648 (offset 0x5c60 / addr 0xffffdc60).

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
btw to everyone who don't want to use the key combo (at least for b9 and b11) just launch gm9 and navigate to virtual memory from there yu can copy b9 and b11 to gm9out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm just as confused as you are, even though I don't think we should go and hex edit the bootROM...
yep, totally confusing, I guess no boot9 keys for me today.

Kyousak

Also known as VVSKartell
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw to everyone who don't want to use the key combo (at least for b9 and b11) just launch gm9 and navigate to virtual memory from there yu can copy b9 and b11 to gm9out

Wait that confuses me Couldn't we have copied boot9 and boot11 out of there before dumping it??? Or is it new in Boot9Strap/Sighax

Reactions: OrGoN3

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're trying to use boot9_keytool.sh to extract the keys:
  • You need the `xxd` utility installed. This is included as part of `vim`.
  • It's a bash shell script, so you'll need to run it through bash in e.g. a Linux VM, Cygwin, or similar.
  • Syntax: ./boot9_keytool.sh boot9.bin [decimal offset]
  • The offsets listed are retail = 22624(offset 0x5860 / addr 0xffffd860), devunit = 23648 (offset 0x5c60 / addr 0xffffdc60). These are relative to the second half of the ROM, so you'll need to add 32768.
  • Actual values you should use: retail = 55392, devunit = 56416
Wait that confuses me Couldn't we have copied boot9 and boot11 out of there before dumping it??? Or is it new in Boot9Strap/Sighax
It was there before, but only the unprotected portions could be read. Reading the protected area when booted from A9LH or some other ARM9 entry point returned all 00s. You have to run GodMode9 from B9S in order to read the protected areas.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: -nl
Reactions: adrifcastr

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you have to uninstall it unfortunately...

Alright, thank you for pointing out my misunderstanding of how derrek implemented sighax... I had a feeling I misunderstood something, as I had initially thought the bootrom was read-only as well...
sorry for thre redundant follow up question, did you have to uninstall it first and install the latest avail luma a9lh first?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited by democracy,

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the kkey combo worked for me after two tries now i have all dumped correctly just in case, i think these function will be usefull some day
they are useful but yellows8 tools are confusing as I and @BARNWEY already mentioned it kinda seems that yellows8 wants us to hexedit boot9 to get his tools working. i totally love hexediting.... NOT

Reactions: angelus kun

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I feel that, I have to make an entirely new Linux VM so I can actually do some dev stuff (I prefer to keep my dev setup and host-OS seperate...)

sorry for thre redundant follow up question, did you have to uninstall it first and install the lady avail luma a9lh first?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
No, you can install the latest A9LH straight from 3DSafe....

oh boy, maybe I shold do the same, windows and python often let me rage
Same here, Windows+Python=RAGE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.