Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

royyy4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I realise that, if someone would do the same on me i would respond the same. I didn't know the question was asked that much. I shouldn't have asked that here to begin with, but i was a bit out of options since no one answered the question ;p even in the corresponding forum section.
Sorry you had that experience! Looking back, nobody even answered your question, they only had to say "get a DS flashcart", instead of making vague insulting remarks. Hope this hasn't turned you off the community. We aren't all like that.

Ofcourse i still like the community! And thanks for the support :)

Ghost Liberator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is there a way to convert a9lh to a .firm, essentially chain loading it through Lima and allowing use of more cfw's and a wider selection of payloads.
There is a tool to convert a9lh .bin to a .firm, just look around a bit. I don't know if it works for B9S 1.2 tho, you might want to check that first

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to convert a9lh to a .firm, essentially chain loading it through Lima and allowing use of more cfw's and a wider selection of payloads.
A9lh is an exploit, you can't "convert a9lh to .firm", one is an exploit and the other is a file format.
You can try to convert .bin payloads to .firm, but most advanced ones like cfw didn't even work on b9s 1.0, let alone even fewer being compatible with the changes made in b9s 1.2. At this point if the maker of the cfw or other arm9 payloads specifically port it to b9s .firm it won't run well if at all. Martyr through something like bootctr9 but even then cfw usually won't work.

Reactions: aut0mat3d

Damin72

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
AXOa2BnSHQQ.jpg

Friend can't run SafeB9SInstaller. Luma is updated to 7.0.

JavaScribe

Confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Sighax is released. Say I had a N3DS XL (USA) that is on a9lh-less 11.4 because I found a new way to softbrick before I attempted to get CFW. Say I also had doodlebomb (so HBL access) and a r4i DS lite flashcart (in case that's useful somehow), but I didn't have soldering skills or access to any CFW-enabled 3DS at all.
Can I use Sighax at all? Or do I have to wait for 11.5 to release so smealum can drop a 11.4 exploit?

...I remember being so happy when I saw that there was a new 11.3 exploit... until I screwed it up... ._.
Sigh. I'll be careful next time.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
So, Sighax is released. Say I had a N3DS XL (USA) that is on a9lh-less 11.4 because I found a new way to softbrick before I attempted to get CFW. Say I also had doodlebomb (so HBL access) and a r4i DS lite flashcart (in case that's useful somehow), but I didn't have soldering skills or access to any CFW-enabled 3DS at all.
Can I use Sighax at all? Or do I have to wait for 11.5 to release so smealum can drop a 11.4 exploit?

...I remember being so happy when I saw that there was a new 11.3 exploit... until I screwed it up... ._.

Sorry but you're confusing, does your 3ds already have a9lh installed or not?
If it does then it doesn't matter if it's 11.4 as you can still update it to b9s 1.2

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

when NTRcardhax comes outlikely either will require a CFW'd 3DS to install via GM9/D9 or it'd be released as an .nds file to run on the compatable flashcart to flash the crafted Firmware to it. from thatpoint youd be able to install B9S so outside paying for your 3DS to be hardmoded, or waiting for the next 11.4 "free" exploit, just gotta wait.

Reactions: JavaScribe

JavaScribe

Confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but you're confusing, does your 3ds already have a9lh installed or not?
...that is on a9lh-less 11.4...

...likely either will require a CFW'd 3DS to install via GM9/D9...
The only other 3DS I could possibly use is an O3DS on 11.4, and it's not mine anyway. And I never even so much as got HBL to run on it from soundhax. (it had 11.2 at the time iirc, and it was right around the time 11.4 was released) So... no CFW.
...or it'd be released as an .nds file to run on the compatable flashcart to flash the crafted Firmware to it. from thatpoint youd be able to install B9S...
So... it might be released as an .nds file? That's really good news for me, because I have a r4i card.
...so outside paying for your 3DS to be hardmoded, or waiting for the next 11.4 "free" exploit, just gotta wait.
Sigh... well, thanks for confirming that for me.
...the .nds hack might be released before 11.5 is released, right?

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
The only other 3DS I could possibly use is an O3DS on 11.4, and it's not mine anyway. And I never even so much as got HBL to run on it from soundhax. (it had 11.2 at the time iirc, and it was right around the time 11.4 was released) So... no CFW.

So... it might be released as an .nds file? That's really good news for me, because I have a r4i card.

Sigh... well, thanks for confirming that for me.
...the .nds hack might be released before 11.5 is released, right?

Why not simply say it's an unmoded/unhacked 3ds hell of a lot less co confusing and to the point.

JavaScribe

Confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not simply say it's an unmodded/unhacked 3ds ...less confusing and concise.
Well, if I said "unhacked," it could be argued that that means that I don't have HBL access. But I do.
At least, I think it could mean that. I'm pretty new to this stuff. I don't know all the fancy terminology. So maybe you're right.
Point is, I have no CFW, but I have HBL access. No arm9/arm11/any kind of kernel or root access, though. Except for whatever level HBL runs on when launched from doodlebomb.

By the way, could anyone explain those neat "boot9strap day one installer" badges? Are there badges for other CFW/homebrew related things? I just noticed that a lot of people have them. (And those that do seem to be knowledgeable and fairly proficient in basic grammar and typing etiquette.)

Last edited by JavaScribe,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well, if I said "unhacked," it could be argued that that means that I don't have HBL access. But I do.
At least, I think it could mean that. I'm pretty new to this stuff. I don't know all the fancy terminology. So maybe you're right.
Point is, I have no CFW, but I have HBL access. No arm9/arm11/any kind of kernel or root access, though. Except for whatever level HBL runs on when launched from doodlebomb.

By the way, could anyone explain those neat "boot9strap day one installer" badges? Are there badges for other CFW/homebrew related things? I just noticed that a lot of people have them. (And those that do seem to be knowledgeable and fairly proficient in basic grammar and typing etiquette.)
Being hacked is a synonym of having a9lh or b9s.
The badges are for people who installed b9s within a few days of release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1