Valiarchon

trentacles
OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
At the moment, whilst I have begun translating it (ashen made me a nice tool for text insertion) I am in need of an asm hack for the textbox, so motivation to do much for it is somewhat low. However I have a friend learning asm atm, so hopefully sometime in the near future I can resume working on this. For now though, treat this as a project in stasis.

reirun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Will do then. Thanks for info - there's still some hope in me.
smile.gif

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, what about trying to put the fonts in vertically? It shouldn't be so hard to read and it would rid you of the textbox problems, the only thing to figure out is whether there is enough space for the fonts there. And if there aren't, whether you can make the characthers speak again, making another speech bubble into which you can insert the remaining fonts.
smile.gif

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fel said:
Hey, what about trying to put the fonts in vertically? It shouldn't be so hard to read and it would rid you of the textbox problems, the only thing to figure out is whether there is enough space for the fonts there. And if there aren't, whether you can make the characthers speak again, making another speech bubble into which you can insert the remaining fonts.
smile.gif

Heh heh... Funny
gba.gif

Go for it ^^

Valiarchon

trentacles
OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Lmao. Sorry, but it doesn't quite work that way XD I can't be bothered explaining why, but maybe someone else will point it out for you =P

If it were that easy, I would have just done that for now, and you'd be looking at screens of horribly annoying to read dialogue =\

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did anyone ever try taking a look at the mobile phone version, which has horizontal text boxes / text and I dunno much about cellphone games, except for that most are written in Java, but uh.. dunno about those Japanese RPG ports, but maybe there's some kind of hint that could help or anything. Just a thought.

Valiarchon

trentacles
OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Didn't even know there was one. But it's most likely written in a completely different code, and thus unusable anyway. the mobile platform is usually pretty different to anything else, unless its java based =x I honestly don't think anyone would want to bother even trying to get a copy of it anyway.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah well, I guess getting the game would be the biggest problem now. At least I couldn't find anything. It's called Sigma Harmonics Coda (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/mobile/sem/sigma/)

Oh well, it was just a thought that popped up and I was just wondering about it.

Valiarchon

trentacles
OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Hm ok. Well thanks for the thought I suppose =o I worked a little more on the translation the other day, but no point atm really since I have no hacking progress to mention =x

Valiarchon

trentacles
OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
yay, seven-month doublepost.

Just thought I'd give a small update.

Although the hacking side of things is completely dead at the moment (aside from the basic things I can do myself..), translation has been resumed, and I am currently dumping all the text into a spreadsheet for easier access. First post will be updated soon, perhaps with an actual completion status or something. Gotta say though, after the main project I've been working on, this doesn't seem so big and scary anymore...

Anyway, if the mods could change the title of this thread to "Sigma Harmonics Translation," that would be greatly appreciated, since I have no idea how to change it (the title remains uneditable even when I go to Full Edit).

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Was just wondering... Is this translation still being worked on?

I saw this thread and I saw your post in the Nanashi thread, but not sure if anything's happened since then...

Good luck if you do decide to continue ;]

To begin with I was searching around for a Shining Force Feather translation, but upon inspection, this looks like it might be a better game xD

disgaea36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yay, seven-month doublepost.

Just thought I'd give a small update.

Although the hacking side of things is completely dead at the moment (aside from the basic things I can do myself..), translation has been resumed, and I am currently dumping all the text into a spreadsheet for easier access. First post will be updated soon, perhaps with an actual completion status or something. Gotta say though, after the main project I've been working on, this doesn't seem so big and scary anymore...

Anyway, if the mods could change the title of this thread to "Sigma Harmonics Translation," that would be greatly appreciated, since I have no idea how to change it (the title remains uneditable even when I go to Full Edit).
Came from the future to check if you ever got a chance to see this project through haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY