Skyline (Android Nintendo Switch emulator) successfully boots first commercial game

skylineemu.png

Skyline, an open-source, experimental and work-in-progress Nintendo Switch emulator that runs on ARMv8 Android devices, has successfully booted its first commercial game.

Using some temporary hacks, the team managed to get Sonic Mania up and running with working on-screen controls, as shown in the screenshot below.

skylinesonicmania.png

Please note that the above mentioned build is currently private and not yet available to the public. The team have stated that once the necessary hacks that were temporarily added in order for the game to boot are correctly implemented into the Skyline emulator, that the build will be publicly available on the projects Github page which is linked below.

:arrow: Skyline Github

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but they already have additional controller on its package for example this rog phone
View attachment 291851
I would pay a lot of money for a PSP Go style slider phone running a top of the line SOC, headphone jack, decent IPS display, and expandable storage. Having to carry around a grip to circumvent the bluetooth stack's latency is still more cumbersome than just bringing a Switch along as well.

Jediweirdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The absolute SECOND this goes public Nintendo will go on a search and destroy mission for the creators and they will banish their families to the crippling debt shadow realm

Jediweirdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh crap you're right, and honestly I'm kinda glad I'm wrong (seeing people get sued so hard that they won the inverse lottery is not a welcome sight). Thanks for pointing this out to me

Qubarf

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Play Switch games on Android, in full 1080p++ resolution, 60FPS-patched, etc... On the go.
I thought that person was making some comment on how the switch doesn't able to properly provide an on the go gaming experience, idk. Since, that person said "finally switch games on the go" implying it wasn't possible before.

I've overexplained this jesus I'll stop now

Reactions: Jayro

samantas5855

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If memory serves me it was one of the first. My guess is because of how undemanding it is.
Indeed is underdemanding. Skyline has been running Sonic Mania for some months now with graphics. Some other homebrew games that utilize the framebuffer like Methane Bros also display graphics. What's important about this build is that shaders like the CRT Filter are now working since they didn't do so before. Everything else is software rendered on Sonic Mania.

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nobody notices that THIS IS CURRENTLY THE ONLY GAME TO RUN ON SKYLINE?!?
Idk why you believe 1 game can be run = possible to play a million games

samantas5855

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm a fool and know nothing about tech, but I wonder if the fact that android do run on ARM processors will make switch emulation reach better results with less raw power
Well yes, the CPU isn't emulated. That's why Skyline exists and is a separate project from other NSW emus like Ryujinx,NXEmu and Yuzu. The drawback to this is that you'll never be able to play Mario Kart with it

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nobody notices that THIS IS CURRENTLY THE ONLY GAME TO RUN ON SKYLINE?!?
Idk why you believe 1 game can be run = possible to play a million games
Progress is always incremental and literally every emulator started with one function working at the start and the expanded to one game, and then usually more.

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Progress is always incremental and literally every emulator started with one function working at the start and the expanded to one game, and then usually more.
I know. They believe EVERY game is compatible with skyline while in reality, only Sonic Mania is working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT