MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
OP
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
just about anything will die in 1-2 days of idle no matter what why not just keep it in the dock while in sleep mode
Cus i like to use it portable in bed(: Well the old Nokia could last more than a week. I should probably buy a batterypack for the switch.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cus i like to use it portable in bed(: Well the old Nokia could last more than a week. I should probably buy a batterypack for the switch.
i dont suggest that seeing that nintendo seems to purposely bypass all the saftey checks of usb-c which makes the console extremely easy to fry with 3ds party things

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, my phone and 3DS will also die after a day or two of just being unplugged in sleep mode.
Jeez... what kind of phone you have lol...

I bought a used Xperia Z2 which is from 2014 and the battery is already screwed, but it still last a week with GSM always on receiving calls and sms... And all phones I ever had since like the 90's lasted at least around a week.

Usually on phones\tablets the ones that really have battery drain problems are exactly devices based on Nvidia Tegra chip...

Other tablets can last like 10+ hours on the browser, while my Nvidia Shield Tablet since new even in the android menu doing nothing with lowest brightness, most crap disabled, battery saving and nothing installed we just see the battery dropping like nuts.

ps: But worse is really using the "Turn OFF" option and the battery still drains high some times, it happened to me on my brand new Switch, but I always turned it off by holding power button like 10 seconds, but even doing this it happened to waste like 3% battery in one day, but now it got fixed somehow...

Last edited by guily6669,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is really not good with using the sleep mode yeah...
The PSP and Vita are excellent with sleep mode, it can stay for over a month in sleep mode...
Its Nvidia's Tegra fault... My Nvidia Shield Tablet is the same. The tegra is a battery sucking chip, but it also works more like a PC GPU with hundreds of GPU cores.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deathscreton

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a quality USB c charger and a 10ft quality USB c cable, and then you don't have to complain because you can plug it in anywhere.

Or, you know, charge it when you aren't using it...

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez... what kind of phone you have lol...

I bought a used Xperia Z2 which is from 2014 and the battery is already screwed, but it still last a week with GSM always on receiving calls and sms... And all phones I ever had since like the 90's lasted at least around a week.

Usually on phones\tablets the ones that really have battery drain problems are exactly devices based on Nvidia Tegra chip...

Other tablets can last like 10+ hours on the browser, while my Nvidia Shield Tablet since new even in the android menu doing nothing with lowest brightness, most crap disabled, battery saving and nothing installed we just see the battery dropping like nuts.

ps: But worse is really using the "Turn OFF" option and the battery still drains high some times, it happened to me on my brand new Switch, but I always turned it off by holding power button like 10 seconds, but even doing this it happened to waste like 3% battery in one day, but now it got fixed somehow...

Galaxy S7. This is pretty typical though for any phone/battery that's not brand new, seriously if your phone has a substantial charge after 2 days of being unplugged, by all means let me know what phone you have (and if it's a brand new phone like an S9 or iPhone X, well obviously your battery will be better than a 2-3 year old phone, and I"m not interested in that).

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I bought a Nokia N95 8GB back in like 2008... In like 2013 or 2014 it still lasted more than a week in standby again with GSM on and could still play music with its awesome drivers for like half a day (but yeah, off course it already had a bit of battery lost).

I guess the reason why they last me long is because I'm careful with the battery. While my girlfriend in like 2 years ruined the battery of her recent crap brand new Samsung because she used it too much and kept charging all day without almost never letting it fully charge and discharge to the right value.

Now she has a Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 for only a few months and I think its already loosing a bit of charge (but still can hold like 2 days using internet browser or facebook crap for damn long hours and probably last 2 weeks in standby with wifi off and GSM on).

On my Nvidia Shield tablet which also has a few years, I don't see much battery reduction from the first day I got it, it just drains like nuts since day 1, but still lasts around the same and still takes about the same to fully charge it.

ps: Now if you let wifi on and other crap, it won't last as long, but some tablets out there that last 10+ hours of continuous internet browsing, will most likely last a month or more in standby with all connectivity disabled and better use battery save mode to disable crap background stuff...

Last edited by guily6669,

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sleep mode on the 3DS is the same way. It goes out of battery really, really easily in one day or less than that.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sleep mode on the 3DS is the same way. It goes out of battery really, really easily in one day or less than that.
Never used it other than for a few minutes...

But on mobile phones\android tablets I never seen one draining so fast other than the Tegra based ones specially with the K1 and X1. Snapdragons and chinese MTK usually last long on stand by without connectivity and crappy apps running on the background and GSM on all the time.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's pretty bad, the only modern device I have to shut down. Nintendo still hasn't figured out sleep mode.
I don't think they ever will... Its probably really a Tegra problem...

Same way my Nvidia Shield Tablet battery sucks, even for browsing internet on battery saving mode and nothing installed and most crap services disabled it lasts very little time, hell from 100% to 90% battery even in the menu of android with battery saving and low brightness it just burns battery like nuts.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a phone i only used for calling, no apps installed on it no google account set up, no wifi, it would last like over a week in sleep mode.

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My PS Vita is in sleep mode for over a month now, and still have half the battery.

That is hibernate, not sleep. To archive this you need to transfer RAM data to HDD, for the Switch would mean loss of 4GB, and it's much slower to get in and out of. Better just turning off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok