MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
OP
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
just about anything will die in 1-2 days of idle no matter what why not just keep it in the dock while in sleep mode
Sorry have to correct you, my ipad air2 can easily survive 1 week in sleepmode

Samus20XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my switch stay in sleep for maybe 2 weeks once, when I woke it, it was at 44%

You should definitely get in touch with Nintendo if your switch is dying in a day or so in sleep mode. I don't think that's normal.

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When my switch enters the sleepmode, it only last max 1 day, after 2 days its completely empty. Specially if you forget to save T.T.

Damn you Nintendo.

Ehh? I put my switch in sleep mode with 100% Battery after full charging and after exact 24 hours I still got over 93%? Btw.: I use Flight Mode when I know I won't play online etc.

Reactions: Kioku

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
OP
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had my switch stay in sleep for maybe 2 weeks once, when I woke it, it was at 44%

You should definitely get in touch with Nintendo if your switch is dying in a day or so in sleep mode. I don't think that's normal.
no wai, I cant believe this.

Reactions: whateverg1012

Mcall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is hibernate, not sleep. To archive this you need to transfer RAM data to HDD, for the Switch would mean loss of 4GB, and it's much slower to get in and out of. Better just turning off.

No, It's a sleep mode. The vita only goes into hibernation when the battery is almost completely drained to save your spot in game.

I also get fairly decent switch stand by times when in airplane mode. Not as good as the vita but it can last a lot longer then the 1 to 2 days everyone else is saying. Same with the 3ds when I disabled streetpass/wifi. It can last a week and a half on standby for me.

Last edited by Mcall,
Reactions: Kioku

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to get that checked out. My switch loses about 5-10% a day in sleep mode... And that's not even consistent. I usually charge to 80 after playing on weekends and let it sit, by next weekend it's at 60. Don't leave your switch docked, that'll also wear down the max capacity.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really my phone never lasted more than a day
You are probably confusing playing with the phone or browsing net or using facecrap app all day to have the phone with no crapware running on the background and just with GSM ON...

Not a single phone since the 90's I had lasted only 1 day... All the phones I ever had lasted more than a week.

Now if I go to the WWW with the wireless I just see the battery going away.

EDIT: What phone do you have?

Last edited by guily6669,

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only ask that my sleep mode last till i reach the nearest outlet but as much as i love my vita it has one fatal flaw. if i leave it on sleep mode for to long it prevents me from saving my games or deletes it entirely so im always on edge. at the very least the switch doesnt do that.... yet.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are probably confusing playing with the phone or browsing net or using facecrap app all day to have the phone with no crapware running on the background and just with GSM ON...

Not a single phone since the 90's I had lasted only 1 day... All the phones I ever had lasted more than a week.

Now if I go to the WWW with the wireless I just see the battery going away.

EDIT: What phone do you have?
i tend to close all my apps and just having the phone locked it seems to die in a day or so

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tend to close all my apps and just having the phone locked it seems to die in a day or so
Yeah but most phones will have more than 100 hours of standby and with GSM on ready to receive calls and sms or whatever...

Hell even a Made in China fully waterproof smartwatch I had quite a few years ago with a "TINY battery" lasted around one week with a few calls and sms per day and was a total phone with sim card, not a bluetooth one...

Mcall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only ask that my sleep mode last till i reach the nearest outlet but as much as i love my vita it has one fatal flaw. if i leave it on sleep mode for to long it prevents me from saving my games or deletes it entirely so im always on edge. at the very least the switch doesnt do that.... yet.
I'm guessing it's a modded vita? I have never had that issue on my non modded vita or even my modded one when I started using nonpdrm dumps of my carts.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

I'm guessing it's a modded vita? I have never had that issue on my non modded vita or even my modded one when I started using nonpdrm dumps of my carts.
It's a known problem that modded vita has. There's a fix to prevent it too, some people say the fix doesn't work but i've never had it happen since though. What you do is you delete list.dat in"ux0/user/00/savedata_backup " and then make a folder there called List.dat so the original file can't be remade.

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really thats awesome thanks i just thought i was stuck dealing with that forever. yeah its a cfw i like having a decent portable emulation device that also has main streamish games on it. its why i wanted to do the same on the switch but currently not sure what the status of emulators are and what i would have to do to get them to work.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Well I bought a Nokia N95 8GB back in like 2008... In like 2013 or 2014 it still lasted more than a week in standby again with GSM on and could still play music with its awesome drivers for like half a day (but yeah, off course it already had a bit of battery lost).

I guess the reason why they last me long is because I'm careful with the battery. While my girlfriend in like 2 years ruined the battery of her recent crap brand new Samsung because she used it too much and kept charging all day without almost never letting it fully charge and discharge to the right value.

The N95 is an awesome phone, I used mine every day from 2007 to 2010. Even today the camera on that is more than acceptable, it really was a phone ahead of its time.

I used to get 4-5 days out of mine, however I did use it quite a bit on my way to and from Uni. I actually used it for a couple of days back in 2014 when my Galaxy Nexus was broken. On the flipside the only reason it last so long is because the phone is basically doing nothing compared to a modern smartphone. You have nothing running in the background, no always on data connection.

If you sign in to a messeging app and let then run in the background you'd be lucky if the N95 lasts a day, same with playing games on an emulator for an hour here and there.

As you mentioned most modern smartphones can last a couple of weeks with no WiFi or mobile internet connection, presuming all your doing it making a few calls and sending a few text messages. Sadly the phone isn't really that smart then, however if you can get by without using messaging apps which use data then power to you :)

My phone usage has changed a lot since the N95 days so a phone without an always on data connection just wouldn't be viable for me.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When my switch enters the sleepmode, it only last max 1 day, after 2 days its completely empty. Specially if you forget to save T.T.

Damn you Nintendo.
Mine lasts a lot longer. Probably at least a week or two.
I don't use it very often though, so when I leave it in sleep mode it's always drained 1/3-2/3 of the battery.
But yeah, I always tell people to turn the Switch completely off when not in use. No sense in wearing out the battery more than necessary, especially when it's "non user replaceable"

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The N95 is an awesome phone, I used mine every day from 2007 to 2010. Even today the camera on that is more than acceptable, it really was a phone ahead of its time.

I used to get 4-5 days out of mine, however I did use it quite a bit on my way to and from Uni. I actually used it for a couple of days back in 2014 when my Galaxy Nexus was broken. On the flipside the only reason it last so long is because the phone is basically doing nothing compared to a modern smartphone. You have nothing running in the background, no always on data connection.

If you sign in to a messeging app and let then run in the background you'd be lucky if the N95 lasts a day, same with playing games on an emulator for an hour here and there.

As you mentioned most modern smartphones can last a couple of weeks with no WiFi or mobile internet connection, presuming all your doing it making a few calls and sending a few text messages. Sadly the phone isn't really that smart then, however if you can get by without using messaging apps which use data then power to you :)

My phone usage has changed a lot since the N95 days so a phone without an always on data connection just wouldn't be viable for me.
Yeah man, I also love it... Even though I broken into huge pieces I still bought a full case with the metal interior, however the very cheap screen I bought was less than 5 eur had horrible colors so I forgot about it :(... The 5MP camera in it has way better macro quality than my first Wiko Bloom from like 2014 or 2015 and hell even my Sony Xperia Z2 with its 20.1Mp camera there is no macro mod at all in comparison to the nokia N95, but the speakers of it I'm still to have a phone with has nice quality sound as the N95 too;).

About the phone's sleep time is supposed to be like that, sleep time on the phone is not meant for it to last 200 hours playing games, 1080p movies, have a million apps on the background or games playing and sending notifications + bluetooth, + gps + gsm+ all kinda of sensors on...

Phone's sleep time if you really care for its main purpose of receiving and making important calls is exactly having it alive for like 200+ hours with GSM on and the rest OFF even though theres phones now that even with wifi and all crap ON but without much background apps will still probably last like weeks ON since theres 5A phones with low performance, but also low power chips in them...

Nokia has one that lasts over a month, but I think its a "dumbphone" :).

Last edited by guily6669,

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sleep mode on the 3DS is the same way. It goes out of battery really, really easily in one day or less than that.
Disable WiFi and it will last in sleep mode for over a week. Tested myself. With Wifi, if not used, it will last up to 2 days. Without WiFi it was about 9 days before it started to blink about low battery

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
My Switch lasts up to 6 days on sleep mode. Dunno what's going on here. Don't turn off WiFi or turn on airplane mode. Granted it literally just sits out of the dock.. But I'll come back to it and have enough battery to put it back on the dock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1