Gaming Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Cross Buy question!

CompC

OP
Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States

So, my friend and I are splitting the cost of a physical copy of the PS3 game. I don't have a PS3, but I do have a PS Vita.

If we sign into my account when we use the PS3 to activate Cross Buy, I'll be able to play the downloadable Vita version and he'll be able to keep playing the disc version on his PS3, right?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So, my friend and I are splitting the cost of a physical copy of the PS3 game. I don't have a PS3, but I do have a PS Vita.

If we sign into my account when we use the PS3 to activate Cross Buy, I'll be able to play the downloadable Vita version and he'll be able to keep playing the disc version on his PS3, right?
Yes. Not entirely sure about this, but AFAIK it just includes the code for the PSN download of the game. It's tied to your PSN ID. More info. The post does mention that you can't just sell the PSVita game, but doesn't mention anything about doing it like you want to.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's a code from what I've read, rather it's tied to the game disc which is tied to your account.

I'd just log in to your account the first time the game boots up, redeem the Vita version, log out, and let your friend use the game as normal. It doesn't have an online pass or anything else tied to it so you'll be good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1