Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Hmmm so I try to add the Alvis shulk mod, and when I build the mod, I see on the logs error like this:

"ERROR Can't extract 'data/ui/replace/chr/stock_90/stock_90_specialflag_01.nut' because the DT file(s) could not be found. Please restart Sm4shExplorer with the DT file(s) in the content folder"

And the game locks when I enter the CSS, as in, the mod failed (It gives the SD card error code). Any idea what could be wrong?

Do I have a wrong dump of the game?

The DT files are both in the content folder, so dunno whats wrong.

Last edited by gridatttack,

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Looking more at my problem, I saw this when starting the program:

WARN The filesize of dt00/dt01 doesn't match the region set in your config (USA). You will not be able to extract from LS.
INFO It seems that the size of your dt00/dt01 files match the (USA) region. You might want to edit your config file: 1 is for JPN, 2 is for USA, 4 is for EUR.

Isn't the above contradictory?

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking more at my problem, I saw this when starting the program:

WARN The filesize of dt00/dt01 doesn't match the region set in your config (USA). You will not be able to extract from LS.
INFO It seems that the size of your dt00/dt01 files match the (USA) region. You might want to edit your config file: 1 is for JPN, 2 is for USA, 4 is for EUR.

Isn't the above contradictory?
What's the size of your dt00/dt01 files, exactly?
It is, but probably because your meta and your dt files also are contradictory. Typically it happens if you pirate it from a certain website where the dump is a false USA.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
What's the size of your dt00/dt01 files, exactly?
It is, but probably because your meta and your dt files also are contradictory. Typically it happens if you pirate it from a certain website where the dump is a false USA.

I suppose that's the problem why the mods freeze my game then.

Ugh, I guess I'll have to dump the game myself then.

Thanks for the info.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was looking for a way to add MyMusic entries for my expanded stages mod, I noticed that SmashMusic doesn't show the sound_db entries for some of the stages that actually do have them. Was it due to not knowing what stage they went to? Because I know what stage all of them go to, sans two, which I'll personally look into.

99 - Unknown (I'll look into it)
199 - Unknown (I'll look into it)
201 - Smash Tour Final Battle
202 - Multiman Smash
203 - All-Star Rest Area
204 - Homerun Contest
205 - Target Blast
206 - Online Practice Stage
207 - The equipment training room
208 - Trophy Rush
254 - Custom Stage

ILLUMM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new here.

I've been having problems with this after the first time I exported a mod. This happened after adding and replacing music.
The crash error comes up as this:

ERROR Error attracting 'data(us_fr)/param/ui/chara_make_param.bin'. error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
ERROR Error attracting 'data(us_fr)/param/ui/simple_difii.bin'. error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
ERROR Error extracting 'data(us_fr)/param/ui/stage_make_set_param.bin' error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer

I am using the latest version (0.07), and this same thing has been happening with 0.06.4. Any fix for this?

Reposting since no one answered me and Goldmoon.

Goldmoon811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, I will look at it and see if I can come up with a description. The 3 in save mymusic is weird though.
How do i fix this? :( plz help

ERROR: Error extracting 'data/param/ui/chara_make_param.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
ERROR: Error extracting 'data/param/ui/simple_diffi.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
ERROR: Error extracting 'data/param/ui/stage_make_set_param.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer

ILLUMM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i fix this? :( plz help

ERROR: Error extracting 'data/param/ui/chara_make_param.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
ERROR: Error extracting 'data/param/ui/simple_diffi.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
ERROR: Error extracting 'data/param/ui/stage_make_set_param.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer

It seems like this error is coming from Sm4shMusic whenever the changes are compiled.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how that could be related to sm4shmusic considering that these files are not touched by sm4shmusic at all...

Quick answer: I don't know, if this was happening to more people Id consider it a bug, whereas right now I tend towards user error while setting your environment.

Longer answer: Most of us use the US region, latest version. This doesn't happen if your source if a clean game, clean patch 288, and environment is set up properly.
The must-know in order to help properly:
Label
: Kind of title for the bug you're having
Sm4shexplorer version used: (0.04? 0.06? 0.07?) Very important. Also it's nice to mention if something that previously worked on a version is broken with a new one.
Game version: 208/244/288? Custom? Do you really use all the official files.
Game region: EUR/USA/JPN?
Language used: yes, it can make a huge difference
Environment setting: Do you only have the patch or do you have the full dump + patch. This is REALLY important as a LOT of problems have to do with people not setting up their environment as intended.

Goldmoon811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how that could be related to sm4shmusic considering that these files are not touched by sm4shmusic at all...

Quick answer: I don't know, if this was happening to more people Id consider it a bug, whereas right now I tend towards user error while setting your environment.

Longer answer: Most of us use the US region, latest version. This doesn't happen if your source if a clean game, clean patch 288, and environment is set up properly.
The must-know in order to help properly:
Label
: Kind of title for the bug you're having
Sm4shexplorer version used: (0.04? 0.06? 0.07?) Very important. Also it's nice to mention if something that previously worked on a version is broken with a new one.
Game version: 208/244/288? Custom? Do you really use all the official files.
Game region: EUR/USA/JPN?
Language used: yes, it can make a huge difference
Environment setting: Do you only have the patch or do you have the full dump + patch. This is REALLY important as a LOT of problems have to do with people not setting up their environment as intended.
Well, i just updated to sm4sh explorer 0.07.1. I still get the same zlib errors and now my game freezes on the splash screen. My game version is 288. it worked before on 0.06 but i got the zlib error randomly when building the mod and it has stayed ever since. the last thing i can remember adding to it was files for unrestricted camera movement. The game region is USA. Language English. I have the full dump and patch.

This is the error i got again just in case:

Error extracting 'data/param/ui/chara_make_param.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
Error extracting 'data/param/ui/simple_diffi.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
Error extracting 'data/param/ui/stage_make_set_param.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this dosent work it just says the content folder is missing some elements when i checked it and im sure those things are there and it took me hours to dump it and i cant even use this thing

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this dosent work it just says the content folder is missing some elements when i checked it and im sure those things are there and it took me hours to dump it and i cant even use this thing
It does that for me when I update Sm4shexplorer
but it works for me when I use 0.04

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Anyone having trouble as in, a change they add doesn't reflect ingame?

I'm trying to add some skins to Corrin, however, they seem they don't show up in game.

When building the mod, I see the log and it seems to skip 'Kamui' folder (Doesn't say Extracting), however, in the export files, I go to fighter and see that effectively Corrins folder is there with the stuff I added.

Any idea what could be wrong?

EDIT: I just closed and reopened the program and now they take Corrins folder in account.

Last edited by gridatttack,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?