Homebrew Question Smooth n64 Emulation on switch with retroarch

ssmatt

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool. I might give it a shot. Seem to bequite a few nice features besides better N64 Emulation.

Is it possible to dual boot it between SXOS and Android on one SD card? I don't mind using two, but I heard the Switch's SD slot isn't that durable and switching cards a lot isn't a good idea? I was wondering if I could make a 32gb partition and use that or something.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Cool. I might give it a shot. Seem to bequite a few nice features besides better N64 Emulation.

Is it possible to dual boot it between SXOS and Android on one SD card? I don't mind using two, but I heard the Switch's SD slot isn't that durable and switching cards a lot isn't a good idea? I was wondering if I could make a 32gb partition and use that or something.

Ya it isnt a problem, but android requires flashing an image to your SD card. Back up your Sx OS files, flash android using balena etcher, then just drop the SX OS files back on.

Azoth428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got everything running well but now it seems that the controls are incorrect. No analog sticks working and no d pad. A and B buttons work but are reversed. Binding buttons in port 1 input didn't work or fix anything. Need help please.

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got everything running well but now it seems that the controls are incorrect. No analog sticks working and no d pad. A and B buttons work but are reversed. Binding buttons in port 1 input didn't work or fix anything. Need help please.
If you reset your setting to default it should work "out of the box" just pair your controlers trough the switch as usual, you'll have to reapply your gfx settings

Azoth428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you reset your setting to default it should work "out of the box" just pair your controlers trough the switch as usual, you'll have to reapply your gfx settings
I tried that buy still nothing. Idk my guess is its my 3rd party controller.

phatweeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried that buy still nothing. Idk my guess is its my 3rd party controller.
Nah the recent RetroArch hack messed up with builds for mupen64plus-next and the dev even posted on twitter that builds are going to be broken for a while. A couple days ago there wasnt even any audio but now that's been fixed. Hopefully they can get it back up and running to where it was before in a the next couple of days

Reactions: W0NDERwaffle3

Mightylink

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hate to necro an old thread but I was wondering if anyone found the solution to this problem? I saw a lot of comments about simply increasing the clock speed but that didn't change anything for me...

I think it might be something to do with the texture cache on an sd card, is there any way to make this better?

Last edited by Mightylink,
Reactions: BrandonSWITCH

GusPSX5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey everyone, hope the day is going well, so i'm sure this is an easy fix but I cant seem to get it right.

I've tried so many different tutorials on installing retroarch on the switch, i put it on the front end of the switch, installed mupen for the emulator, but i just can't seem to get completely smooth emulation for n64 games on the switch. Running pokemon stadium stutters here and there, same with Mario kart, don't know if this is a well known thing or not, but just can't seem to get a grasp on it, hard to play them when it almost freezes for a split second.

if someone has zero issues running the games and could post a link to a tutorial they followed i'd really appreciate it, not quite sure what else i can do, thanks so much everyone.
Good news: if you turn on "Threaded emulation" within Glide64 settings it eliminates stuttering. No perceptible lag Is added (even when option explained it).
Bad news: I haven't found yet any option to manage "Extreme slowdowns" with some transparencies over screen (every time you get hurt in Hexen).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter