Snow is amazing

Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, I live in Vegas, and yeah it's a desert. It snowed yesterday, funny stuff, since the airport and my school were closed. xD
It's not a lot of snow, since I've seen more snow in the city I lived in Texas near the coast.

When it started:
swqq2u.jpg

20hooxz.jpg

2 Hours later:
2vkypvp.jpg

35d3ya1.jpg

Ironically, I had 3 major tests today.. lol
And it seems what my girlfriend said was true, lol "GLOBAL WARMING!!!"

EDIT: Oh yeah, that car in the pictures in mine, since I'm Asian, I'm obligated to drive a Mazda.
smileipb2.png

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
heh, live in canada for a bit, and you'll come to LOVE snow. >_>

and you know global warming doesn't just mean the planet is warming up, but that warming up causes weather systems to fuck up and such. though this year, we've had a fairly normal winter compared to the previous few years (which were pretty warm).

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not bad! We had a snow the other day in Nashville TN. We used to get tons of snow all the time. But since the late-90's, less and less has occurred.

And global warming has little to do with snow fall since it can cause unusual weather for almost any place on earth. You could get snow in places that never get it (like last year it snowed in Baghdad or your city) or no snow in places it usually pelts (like my state). Global warming is kind of a misleading name since it doesn't cause hotness necessarily. The better name is climate change, since some people seem to get confused over the matter.

The warming of the planet basically unbalances the climate and weather and causes weird things to happen. The glaciers and polar ice caps melting are another thing involving warming.

Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Satangel said:
Yeah, snow really is amazing.
You should pee in it.
Nah, my dog promptly did that for a while yesterday.. xD

QUOTE(Prime @ Dec 19 2008, 12:12 AM) Snow?!

Where I live we get rain, and lots of it.
It rained for 2 days before it snowed here. D:

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I saw the first few pictures and thought, "hohoho, that's what you call 'snow'?"... but then I scrolled down a bit and I have to admit, that's pretty impressive for Vegas!

But if you enjoy snow that much, by all means, take it away from me... all of it... argh, Canada.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[pedant]a desert has nothing to do with the temperature[/pedant]

I have to ask though, what were the roads like? The smallest amount of snow (not enough deep enough to cover a average pebble) sends the entire road network into chaos around here.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FAST6191 said:
[...]what were the roads like? The smallest amount of snow (not enough deep enough to cover a average pebble) sends the entire road network into chaos around here.
I'd guess pretty bad because the airport and the schools were closed down. This has more to do with tires, though. Since everyone's tires in Vegas are probably not 'winter' tires (let alone "all-season" tires), they must have been sliding around like crazy. Like driving with iced-cubes as tires
smile.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Heh. We had quite a bit of snow here as well. A bit more, and the schools would've been closed, but it didn't happen.

After it snows, it always rains in the area. It's how it always worked.

Personally, I love snow. It brings back good memories I had when I was a little kid.

sdnoob

Trophies
Website
sdnoob.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Tropicana said:
Heh. We had quite a bit of snow here as well. A bit more, and the schools would've been closed, but it didn't happen.

Personally, I love snow. It brings back good memories I had when I was a little kid.

School close in Vancouver? Never. =( i wish it would, but it never will. no matter how much it snows. The only time i remember getting off school EARLY due to snow was when we had a blackout.
And in elementary a water pipe broke, so we couldn't go to schoo as well. But nothing besides those.

Anyways, the snow is real nice, just a bit cold. won't melt away because it's staying below 0 degrees.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sdnoob said:
Tropicana said:

School close in Vancouver? Never. =( i wish it would, but it never will. no matter how much it snows. The only time i remember getting off school EARLY due to snow was when we had a blackout.
And in elementary a water pipe broke, so we couldn't go to schoo as well. But nothing besides those.

Anyways, the snow is real nice, just a bit cold. won't melt away because it's staying below 0 degrees.

Actually, it happened last year.......

sdnoob

Trophies
Website
sdnoob.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Tropicana said:
sdnoob said:
Tropicana said:

Really? I don't think I had a snow day last year... Lucky. But maybe if the snow was like yesterday, it would most likely be canceled. Huge storm yesterday, saw many cars stuck =) so much shoveling.

SO much friggin snow. Pictures in the Spoiler.
2h2m7w3.jpg
2a9smeo.jpg
2hmk5es.jpg
2vmsg04.jpg

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sdnoob said:
Tropicana said:
sdnoob said:
Tropicana said:

Really? I don't think I had a snow day last year... Lucky. But maybe if the snow was like yesterday, it would most likely be canceled. Huge storm yesterday, saw many cars stuck =) so much shoveling.

SO much friggin snow. Pictures in the Spoiler.
2h2m7w3.jpg
2a9smeo.jpg
2hmk5es.jpg
2vmsg04.jpg

Yeah, where I'm currently living, in Maple Ridge, it was snowing all day. Now, the streets are full of snow, and our car can't go very far, even with the snow shoveled.
frown.gif

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In SocAl, San bernardino mountains, we have the worst snowstorm like ever coming today - christmas.
The last storm was literally 4 feet deep! We got three weeks of christmas break cause of it XD
:<
I wanted to hang out with my girlfriend tomorrow too.
T_T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1