Some XBLA games are gonna be released for Windows 8!

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not XBLA games.
Alan Wake, Geometry Wars, Braid, Darwinia, Serious Sam HD and Super Meat Boy say otherwise.
Serious Sam was released on PC first to my knowledge, and Alan Wake isn't an XBLA game.
Alan Wake's American Nightmare was released on XBLA and was later ported to PC. There have always been XBLA games brought over to the PC, this isn't anything new.
Also Bastion and Limbo.

But yeah, there are already PC ports of most of these games.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I find this positive. I don't have an Xbox 360. and I am interested in many XBLA games, and if those have a chance to show up on windows 8, I won't be sad!
Now, none of the games on that list sparks my interest right away, but it'll sure come a few in due time.
Oh, except minesweeper. I fucking love minesweeper!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how I feel about this. I mean, the PC is my prefered gaming console and my Xbox is collecting dust...but having said that, I don't want less incentive to play my 360 (okay, actually I do, but I don't see why MS would want that).

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bah! That's Microsoft's way to trick people once again into thinking Windows 8 will be Xbox compatible. Almost all of these games on that list have been part of the Games for Windows online store for a long time.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Just because two companies are selling in the same field doesn't mean that they're competitors, and even if in the future they do have some new and enticing way to rival Steam, it's irrelevant, simply because this isn't then. Plus, I don't see anyone turning away from Steam to buy Minesweeper or Solitaire, and in a less jokingly, BlazBlue. People would just get both until they have some reason to rival each other, which isn't now.

There are two types of market competition: competing for new customers to the sector, and competing for existing companies in the sector.

My argument was clearly focused on the first, and your response was clearly based on the second...
Not really, as I said, they're appealing to different crowds, I don't think they're competing at all for that reason. That's like...up, hold on

If you say so. I disagree.
Why? My problem is that you haven't said anything to suggest that why they're competing, you've just been saying how they are.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/333622-some-xbla-games-are-gonna-be-released-for-windows-8/page__view__findpost__p__4372775

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they want to port games that use controller input to a gesture based system? AFAIK, Windows 8 is made for touch screens and uses gestures as its default form of interaction.

So wrong....not many PC owners have a touch screen. Please don't spread lies.

As for the topic...It is very old information. It was announced back in Apirl-ish, windows 8 would play some xbox 360 software/games. There was even 3 separate threads bringing the topic up. But I guess no one noticed, 80% of gbatemp were too busy bitching about the start menu and wrongfully thinking there was no desktop.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they want to port games that use controller input to a gesture based system? AFAIK, Windows 8 is made for touch screens and uses gestures as its default form of interaction.

As for the topic...It is very old information. It was announced back in Apirl-ish, windows 8 would play some xbox 360 software/games. There was even 3 separate threads bringing the topic up. But I guess no one noticed, 80% of gbatemp were too busy bitching about the start menu and wrongfully thinking there was no desktop.

I don't think any of these threads had a list of the games.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

I guess you don't know what AFAIK means... I've been informed recently that even the keyboard and mouse driven PCs use gesture based input but that there is a normal desktop setting which allows you to use it like a normal pc. I'd like to also mention that there's a version called windows 8 rt that's designed to specifically run on ARM processor based tablets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly