someone is or could port Sonic Mania to android?

El_Misterioso

CIA Agent
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it possible to port Sonic Mania to android? Seeing that it's not too heavy, I think so, and someone is working on this? Because with the decompile this would make it extremely easier. the is a version of Sonic Mania for Wii U and 3ds (now someone needs to tell me that they already ported it to Wii) and not for android?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, an android port exists. I didn't opt to compile it, because it would require several things I don't have, and I've never compiled it before. I know the cmake file in one of the folders, ,may be dependencies, is only for android.

El_Misterioso

CIA Agent
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes, an android port exists. I didn't opt to compile it, because it would require several things I don't have, and I've never compiled it before. I know the cmake file in one of the folders, ,may be dependencies, is only for android.
I would like someone to explain how to compile Sonic Mania for android and what would have to be done to make the APK work, I already have Sonic Mania on my PC, now on my Wii U the Final Mission is to have it on my phone

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, looks like it uses mklink if you build in windows. that's how I have python reading as python 2 as well as python 2 reading as python 2. very easy to set up, and it will say symlink next to the file if you search for it. it will be 0KBs.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it looks like this:

1661716025429.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in linux, symlinks are shown in blue. if they show up in red, there's something wrong with it. that's what happened originally when building the linux version, because there was a share libraries error, since I downloaded a 64 bit version of something. it was related to glew iirc. it is pretty confusing even if you've built things in the past. each version of sonic mania seemed to be radically different when it comes to building or where the files go.

El_Misterioso

CIA Agent
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am using windows and the truth is that I do not understand where I have to change the symbolic links and what program should I use :ohnoes:
in linux, symlinks are shown in blue. if they show up in red, there's something wrong with it. that's what happened originally when building the linux version, because there was a share libraries error, since I downloaded a 64 bit version of something. it was related to glew iirc. it is pretty confusing even if you've built things in the past. each version of sonic mania seemed to be radically different when it comes to building or where the files go.
1661716537800.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: