Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
_Chaz_ said:
Why the hell wasn't this Sonic 4?
I wish I knew. I haven't been this impressed or excited for a Sonic game since the early teases of Sonic 4 ep 1.

This looks really good from the trailer. The 2D at least (I couldn't care less for the Unleashed style sections). I love the art direction and classic Sonic model for the 2D sections. It actually looks like they've put effort into making it look like a SEGA game from the 90s if it were to be made in HD.

Let's just hope they nail the physics.

(Edit: I saw red and YELLOW springs in the gameplay trailer.. Haha, funny how that means so much) Colour me excited

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to admit that this game look really good compared to a lot of previous sonic titles...but I have a feeling Sega will find a way to ruin this game with some unneeded game play element...

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks really nice. I absolutely enjoyed the daytime-stages of Unleashed (both: Wii and PS360) and Sonic Colors and I also thought the level-design of Sonic4 was great (the physics are debatable but in any case not gamebreaking!) so I`m sure this game has the potential to be amazing... in both gameplay-styles and SEGA showed that they can do it!

It also seems like it is going to be a retail-game! I thought it would be a downloadable title... Great!
biggrin.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
jerome27 said:
Looks awful. Sega, please retire Sonic.

Compared to what, might I ask!?

This game seems to expand on the brilliant framework established by Sonic Colors. The gameplay looks silky-smooth, and the extra emphasis on motion blur adds a surprising amount to the sense of speed, without being distracting. This looks to be a labor of love, and you can tell just by looking at the game that Sega is just as ecstatic at the prospect of Sonic's return to prominence as we are!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to get excited for this. I really do. I REALLY REALLY DO.

But I can't trust Sega anymore.

If this follows the trend of Sonic Colors though (improvement instead of failure)... Sony might just move back up.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
*sigh* SEGA was so big back then... and now... SEGA just sucks. I liked Sonic 4, but it was way too easy. I have over 300 lives, in about 10 hours of gametime (after beating the game the RIGHT way). Well, if it comes out on Wii or 3DS or something, then I'll play it. Because, let's face it, I hate the 3D stages, I still play S3&K.

Also, they kind of re-did Classic Sonic. Just saying.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from the looks the old sonic gameply is more like sonic 2 with revamped graphics. and modern sonic is like colors. itd be great if the gameplay is completely different whether you pick old or modern sonic

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how Nintendo and SEGA were rivals and now when they decide years later that they want to release a new Sonic game and exclude a Nintendo console people get pissed. It's pretty ironic.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its gonna rock (get it?.. no?) the initial 3d platform while sonic running in 2d was amazing. Just looking at that can force me to play this game. Even the modern sonic approach looks exciting. maybe ppl's comments about moving away from the classic sonic brought about this move.
I always found sonic to be quite difficult though great. This would have looked amazing if it were for the 3ds although MACHOMUU, i think the graphics capability of the wii played a part here. How many games have come out for the wii, ps3 and xbox at the same time? i have seen this scenario for the ps2 and wii (ben 10 to be specific... it was a complete surprise to me)

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've seen on another forum earlier today (I was on another computer so I wasn't able to save the source) that you'll be able to play each level as either Sonic, that sounds interesting if legit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk