Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkShinigami said:
from the looks the old sonic gameply is more like sonic 2 with revamped graphics. and modern sonic is like colors. itd be great if the gameplay is completely different whether you pick old or modern sonic

by the looks of things, it seems that there are parallel stages where you can pick either old or modern sonic

i really hope they incorporate both into the same game - i wouldn't be surprised if they bullshit us with like two different games

also really hope this with be a disc based game, please Sega, no online downloadable crap / hope more will be avaiable at E3

/ im sure if all goes well, we'd be seeing some sort of release on the Wii 2 later on; hopefully.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
You Tempers are falling for the Sonic cycle!!!
There Sonics that broke the cycle just like colors.
tongue.gif

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sigh and there we go again with the whole "sonic cycle" debacle. I think people should wait, yes the game can turn out to be a disaster, like most sonic games these days, but there are also games that did a terrific job, like colors. In my opinion people should really, really learn to wait. First get excited over the trailer, then wait for it to come out, then reading reviews/hearing it from friends, and only then decide to buy the game or not.

Back on topic: Trailer looks awesome, it really is a piece of eye-candy. And from the looks of it, classic sonic will play in 2d and modern sonic in 3d, which would be a nice concept if that is the case.

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ilman said:
sd version of hedgehog engine was usend in colors.
For the record, no it wasn't. The Hedgehog Engine is a graphics engine designed for real time lighting and streaming large amounts of level geometry from the disk. Sonic Colors uses vertex shading, and loads levels the old fashioned way which is why the game was much slower than Sonic Unleashed.

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ilman said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGkgyDtiuyc
what was that little hedgehog logo there.
Oh it's the hedhog engine's logo.
That's some logic you got there. If they used the engine, they'd give it a little more credit than a texture cameo in one commercial. That engine was hype city when Sonic Unleashed came out, as if people believed the game would be more fun because of it.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
that's because it's an sd version of it.
If everyone knew it used the hedgehog engine everyone would have said "oh my god are these the benefits of the mighty hedgehog engine?"
That's why they hid the credits in this commersial.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got all sonic games since im a real fan, and instead of bashing on them I appreciate them all in their own way. This looks like a nice mix of nostalgia and new stuff and ill be enjoying this for sure.

The idea of including old and new sonic was great, and dunno why ppl complain about sonic 4. IMO it was a good game. I like the sonic heroes, adventure, unleashed... to me its nice to see Sonic in lot of different context and different types of game.

One thing im not too sure about concerning Sonic is that weird ass show Sonic Underground.... Sonic SatAM was much better and SonicX was great as well on the other hand.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Canonbeat234 said:
KingVamp said:
Canonbeat234 said:
tongue.gif

No in general, YOU tempers are falling for the Sonic cycle all over again.
Well, by that logic so are you.

NO! I am aware of the Sonic cycle, I'm not going to deny it. I'm pointing the obvious group who follows that cycle very easily. Also you is stepping into the 2nd phase of Sonic cycle. Understanding who the cycle works but still think you can escape it.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
machomuu said:
Canonbeat234 said:
KingVamp said:
Canonbeat234 said:
tongue.gif

No in general, YOU tempers are falling for the Sonic cycle all over again.
Well, by that logic so are you.

NO! I am aware of the Sonic cycle, I'm not going to deny it. I'm pointing the obvious group who follows that cycle very easily. Also you is stepping into the 2nd phase of Sonic cycle. Understanding who the cycle works but still think you can escape it.
Well in that case I don't count as "you". I gave on Sonic after Heroes/Adventure 2 Battle. Sure Colors for the DS was fun, but not so much fun that I'd buy it. Until one comes along that I know will be amazing, I'll play it, but Sonic isn't my Phoenix Wright, and if another one never came along again I wouldn't really care. That is, unless SEGA gets back into the console wars and then we see that old Nintendo vs. SEGA spark from way back then that Sony could never rekindle. I mean think about it, at least Nintendo tried to compete with SEGA whereas with Sony they don't really care and just go about their buisness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk