Sonic mania 3ds port released!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
off topic, but I just compiled the mario 64 port for windows, and it works very well.

1663137689159.png

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Testing out Encore mode I got a weird glitch after I used a continue (on purpose)...

e9e2b760-5a13-40c4-9d97-b09af73a1236-jpeg.327127

Also apparently I can no longer game over, everytime I die as the last guy it just sends me back to the checkpoint.

Edit: Picking up a question mark monitor causes the game to hardlock, have to force shutdown.
I just tested with the PS Vita same thing happens in Encore after you game over, only difference is when you “hardlock” instead of having to force shut down you can just close application and go back to Live Area' must be a glitch in the decompilation itself.

Last edited by sonictopfan,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested with the PS Vita same thing happens in Encore after you game over, only difference is when you “hardlock” instead of having to force shut down you can just close application and go back to Live Area' must be a glitch in the decompilation itself.
I just tested my original vita build, and this does not happen, so it may be a bug with the newest versions.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 3ds is currently charging, all that back and forth with the cia crap, and I also left the system on after I decompiled the data.rsdk. it's supposed to run faster, but I'm not sure if I could tell a difference. that took a while as there are 1,8xx files, and the 3ds wifi sucks.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
my 3ds is currently charging, all that back and forth with the cia crap, and I also left the system on after I decompiled the data.rsdk. it's supposed to run faster, but I'm not sure if I could tell a difference. that took a while as there are 1,8xx files, and the 3ds wifi sucks.
Kinda wish dev menu was active but whatever, I got spoiled by Sonic Origins that I like to retry special stages on the fly.

Reactions: godreborn

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
generally speaking, that bug you've encountered is likely in all ports. it's pretty rare that a port code is the reason for such a bug.
Yeah I figured, for example all ports of decompiled Sonic 2 have a bug with the shortcut in Wing Fortress Zone through the giant fan at the start which locks you halfway instead of going through, similarly the credits roll in Sonic 1 decompilation desyncs with the audio, neither of which happen in the official releases.

But this bug in Sonic Mania honestly makes Encore mode unplayable, it works only if you’re so good you never game over otherwise it’ll have this issue.

xscaralienx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Amazing to get it running on the 3ds. A shame about the loading times and Special Stage lag. Any chance it could be optimized in the distant future?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there going to be an attempt to give the game stereoscopic 3D on the 3DS? That could be amazing. (Sorry if this has already been asked, didn't see it addressed)

Reactions: placebo_yue

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone compile sonic mania so I can have DLC working
this is untested.
Post automatically merged:

if it doesn't work for some reason, use my original build. msys was missing both bannertool and makerom for cia creation. I got them both from my main devkitpro folder instead of redoing everything, no errors.:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sonic-mania-3ds-port-released.617944/page-8#post-9936817

I don't think the one I put into this post works, because you have to disable something first. I did so with this, and I used git pull after having not done so before, so this should be an up-to-date cia. please tell me if it works. I'm burned out on testing things.

here it is:

I just tested the game. works, no problem. I used a git pull with this one, so it should be up to date.

I almost uploaded sm64 for the 3ds, since they carry the same SM or whatever. I got it corrected though.

Attachments

• SonicMania.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 64
Last edited by godreborn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...