Sony acquires Nixxes, a studio known for developing PC ports

nixxies sony.png

Sony is on a gaming studio acquisition spree. After welcoming Housemarque in its family, the company has announced that it has acquired Dutch studio Nixxes which joins PlayStation Studios group. Nixxes is described as "a company specializing in video game design, development and porting"; and more specifically, it has worked on PC ports and optimizations for titles like the recent Tomb Raider trilogy, Marvel’s Avengers and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. So with this acquisition, Sony might be planning to expand its PC ports library.

:arrow: SOURCE

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Good, PS5 and Xbox One are just glorified prebuild PC nowadays, it time to start the transits already.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Makes sense since they are having success porting games to pc so far, I expect many more to come. Oh wait, when sony ports a game its a "remaster".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Gotta love how the PC slowly becomes an exclusivity demolisher.
It makes me happy to know these games will likely be playable forever when they are on pc, consoles don't last forever and I dont always want to use emulators. I would rather a legit version of an older game, like gog offers.

Last edited by kevin corms,
Reactions: CanIHazWarez

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess they weren't kidding when they said they wanted to expand to PC (There is NOTHING wrong with PS exclusives coming to PC, nearly all Xbox "exclusives" are on PC too! More people playing the games the better!)
Definitely helps reinforce the argument that PC is best when every game is playable on it. Even the latest Nintendo games can be emulated on PC. I was never one of those PC Master Race people, but it isn't hard to see why they argue what they do.

Reactions: DuoForce

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS now is a game stream service like Google Stadia, there's always be INPUT delay.

But M$ game pass however offers a better game service tho.

That's why Sony needs to compete

Except. No. There will not always be input delay. Why? Not every title on PS Now is streaming. There are options to download to console.

Secondly, Game Pass being better is certainly subjective. I have both services and PS Now is the better service imo, because of the huge number of titles in comparison. What is it, like 100+ titles Game Pass and 700+ on PS Now?

Least but not least. Sony does not need to compete, although I can see them restructuring/rebranding PS Now to make it more appealing to Game Pass only fans.

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely helps reinforce the argument that PC is best when every game is playable on it. Even the latest Nintendo games can be emulated on PC. I was never one of those PC Master Race people, but it isn't hard to see why they argue what they do.
I used to be anti-PCMR until I actual got a somewhat decent gaming PC. You can do so much more on gaming PCs than consoles. So convenient too!

Reactions: kevin corms

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1