Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Sony has pulled the 2.40 firmware update from both its in-console update and website after some users reported that the firmware has bricked their system. SCEA PR director Patrick Seybold told Joystiq that Sony is "looking into it right now and will work with those customers directly to address any issues they may be experiencing."

Can you say....PWNT
rolleyes.gif

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
754boy said:
QUOTE said:
Sony has pulled the 2.40 firmware update from both its in-console update and website after some users reported that the firmware has bricked their system. SCEA PR director Patrick Seybold told Joystiq that Sony is "looking into it right now and will work with those customers directly to address any issues they may be experiencing."

Can you say....PWNT
rolleyes.gif

HAHAHA

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wrong timing, Sony.

You make a brick update AFTER modchips and custom firmwares are widely spread for the PS3.
Now they'll have to A/S every single one at their cost lol

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I updated this morning and it's working flawlessly. no problems at all
smile.gif

probably people who have downloaded things from other regions psn store, corrupting their firmware.

atleast we don't have to worry about getting 3rlod.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
360 fanboys are getting excited over this lol
indeed

I just saw the gamertag in the sig of the first post and knew what that whole thread was about already

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
*sigh*
360 Fanboys find anything they can to try and make their purchase better. I updated just fine and my PS3 is working flawless, in the end that's all I care about.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if it's confirmed to brick some PS3's. From all the news posts I've read people have said the update worked fine. It could just be some users with false reports and Sony getting a little scared. I also don't see how it's funny that people are getting their systems bricked from official updates, and I don't even have a PS3.

754boy

:D
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
*sigh*
360 Fanboys find anything they can to try and make their purchase better. I updated just fine and my PS3 is working flawless, in the end that's all I care about.

I didn't open this thread to start a flamewar!!! I simply wanted to let all the gbatemp PS3 owners aware that this MIGHT happen and to be careful.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY