Hacking Sony's ban behaviour

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was banned in October 2016 after a 5 year run starting in 2011. I never got back online because I don't trust people to sell a cid to just me and not multiple people. I suspect it was black ops 2 that caused the ban as I'd recently started playing it on ps3 and the ban came shortly after.

CFW/ODDE/OFW: CFW, whatever was the latest in October 16
Online multiplayer: yes
Connected to PSN: yes
Homebrew whilst on PSN: multiman?
Cheating whilst on PSN: NO NEVER! cheaters deserve to be banned.
Loading backups via Multiman/Webman on a separate profile: loaded from my main profile, no separate profile for loading
Loading backups via Multiman/Webman on your main PSN profile: yes
If applicable, reason of ban: Don't remember it stating a reason
Console ban: yes
Account ban: yes

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I use cfw 4.30 rogero and have never been baned for many years! i use a dummy account where I only play online games on it. I load up multiman on another account with disabled internet and then I run psntools v1.0 that disables cfw syscalls... It seems that higher ps3 firmware have other checks implemented lik 4.82 thats why users get banned even though they have disabled syscalls

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Late response, but I just press R2 + /\ to clear history and disable syscalls (webMAN) before I sign onto PSN. No ban (yet). I'm using a filler PSN account to protect my legitimately purchased games.

Reactions: THYPLEX

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother is using Cobra ferox cfw and he wants to go back to ofw someday. would going back to ofw ban him once he goes online since cfw was on the console before?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was banned in October 2016 after a 5 year run starting in 2011. I never got back online because I don't trust people to sell a cid to just me and not multiple people. I suspect it was black ops 2 that caused the ban as I'd recently started playing it on ps3 and the ban came shortly after.

CFW/ODDE/OFW: CFW, whatever was the latest in October 16
Online multiplayer: yes
Connected to PSN: yes
Homebrew whilst on PSN: multiman?
Cheating whilst on PSN: NO NEVER! cheaters deserve to be banned.
Loading backups via Multiman/Webman on a separate profile: loaded from my main profile, no separate profile for loading
Loading backups via Multiman/Webman on your main PSN profile: yes
If applicable, reason of ban: Don't remember it stating a reason
Console ban: yes
Account ban: yes

Apologies for the late response but yes.
If you didn't use a Anti-ban eboot for Black Ops 2, your console will be banned.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the late response but yes.
If you didn't use a Anti-ban eboot for Black Ops 2, your console will be banned.

Damnit I knew it was black ops, could of just played it on 360 but wanted to start fresh on PS3. Thank you for responding and confirming for me.
I really want to get my PS3 back online but find it hard to trust buying a cid because if it's sold to multiple people and 1 is banned everyone with that Id is banned and if that happens 3 months or even 2 years into buying one then it wasn't worth it

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Damnit I knew it was black ops, could of just played it on 360 but wanted to start fresh on PS3. Thank you for responding and confirming for me.
I really want to get my PS3 back online but find it hard to trust buying a cid because if it's sold to multiple people and 1 is banned everyone with that Id is banned and if that happens 3 months or even 2 years into buying one then it wasn't worth it

I unfortunately have no spare CIDs.

I probably will have in the future.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should get an idps of the console that's the same model as yours; otherwise, the minverchk will get screwed up. iirc, it's the 8th byte of the idps that relates to the minimum installable firmware. however, I don't know if you can just install lower firmware, to the point you were actually able to, or not.

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States

They are 20 USD. Not a ton to take a small risk on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and - https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps3-cid-generator-demo-uses-sonys-cid-bug.450085/

Seems like PSX developer MrNiato showed a video demonstrating his PS3 CID generator that uses the Sony CID exploit to get back online. This method can be patched at any time and the fact that it isn't is strange. I don't recommend doing this if you have a legit CID because this could be a tactic for Sony to ban PSN accounts. Although developers claim it is a bug Sony is having a hard time finding out. If you are banned try this and report back. Best of luck to you mate.

Reactions: THYPLEX

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unfortunately have no spare CIDs.

I probably will have in the future.

If you ever have any going please try and remember me, it'll be much appreciated

They are 20 USD. Not a ton to take a small risk on.

Oh and - https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps3-cid-generator-demo-uses-sonys-cid-bug.450085/

Seems like PSX developer MrNiato showed a video demonstrating his PS3 CID generator that uses the Sony CID exploit to get back online. This method can be patched at any time and the fact that it isn't is strange. I don't recommend doing this if you have a legit CID because this could be a tactic for Sony to ban PSN accounts. Although developers claim it is a bug Sony is having a hard time finding out. If you are banned try this and report back. Best of luck to you mate.

Spent a few hours trying to get back online with these tools and no luck. $20 is a big risk for me when it could be going to the equivalent of a scammer and xbox live is only $40 and guaranteed for a year

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may be able to use the idps of say a psp. we ran some tests on this on psx place. I can't recall if it was successful though. I wonder what the minverchk would say if that works.

btw, you can get the minverchk without the pup by using cfw tools. you have to enable it in rebug toolbox. the tools will appear in the network column. you can get the minverchk, dump your idps, and even get the klicense to make game fixes with those tools. ;)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
wait do i need this just to be online with bo2/any game or this is just for people with a mod menu for bo2?

I do not condone in cheating, but you need a Anti-ban eboot regardless.

Reactions: Darksabre72

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
wait do i need this just to be online with bo2/any game or this is just for people with a mod menu for bo2?
From my understanding, if you have CFW, you need it in any cases. Those games search your console's HDD for CFW files (Multiman, Rebug Toolbox, etc.) and if they find them, they send a message to the server and bam, you are banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol