Sony's TGS 2015 Conference - Full Recap

pslogo.jpg

Sony's 2015 Tokyo Game Show Conference has just started (8AM UK time) and will show us what the company has in store for it's PlayStation platforms for the rest of the year and beyond.

Keep an eye on this thread for the latest announcements and check out the links below to watch the conference live.

Conference Start
Click images to expand:

-4 New Vita colours release September 17th in Japan

-Shuhei Yoshida on stage

-Bloodborne The Old Hunters gameplay trailer - Releases November 24th
bb.png

-Everybodys Golf (Minna No Golf) announced for PS4

-Gravity Daze remaster for PS4 announced for December 10th
gd.png
-Gravity Daze 2 announced for PS4 only in 2016
-New Gravity Daze figma statue announced

-Ubisoft on stage

-For Honor worldwide premiere gameplay trailer

-Assassin's Creed gameplay trailer - Jack the Ripper add on DLC announce for season pass

-Sega on stage

-Yakuza Kiwami (Extreme) announced - PS3/4 21st January 2016
yakuza.png
-Yakuza 6 - PS4 Exclusive announced - Autumn 2016
yak6.png

-The King of Fighters XIV Announced for PlayStation 4

-Bandai Namco on stage

-One Piece Burning Blood announced

-New Gundam game announced for Vita

-Koei Tecmo on stage

-Toukiden 2 announced - 2016 - open world

-Nioh announce for PS4 - 2016 - Looks like Samurai Dark Souls

-Square Enix on stage

-World of Final Fantasy gameplay trailer - 2016 PS4 and Vita

-Star Ocean 5 gameplay trailer - Feb 25th 2016
so.png

-SaGa Scarlet Grace trailer - Vita
saga.png

-Kingdom Hearts 2.8 announce for PS4
kh.png

-New ATLUS/Vanillaware game announce - 13 Sentinel Aegis Rim - Looks like Dragons Crown with mechas

-Capcom on stage

-World Premiere trailer for Biohazard Umbrella Core - 2016 - Third Person VS MP
bio.png

-Spike Chunsoft on stage

-Exist Archive announce - collaboration with Tri-Ace
exist.png

-Danganronpa 3 announced for PS4 & Vita
dangan3.png

-Dragon Quest Builders announced - world premiere trailer - releases 28th Jan 2016
dq.png

-Indie showreel

-Treyarch - Call of Duty Black Ops III talk

-Hatsune Miku Project Diva Arcade Future Tone is being ported to PS4

-New faceplates, controllers and wireless headset announce
face.png face2.png head.png

-PSNow Japan beta starts tomorrow - 16th September - 150 titles available

-Project Morpheus showreel - Morpheus renamed, is now PlayStation VR

-PlayStation 4 price reduction to 34,980 yen

Confernece End

Full conference - starts at 30:12

:arrow: Watch Live #1
:arrow: TGS Official Site

D

Deleted User

While PC gaming may not be niche and hasn't been for a long time now, PC exclusives can be, it offers a different gaming experience to console, it's pivoted on mobas/mmo/moshooters as well as niche stuff like RTS, sims and other indie PC exclusives. It has the biggest gaming library right now but it's not all-encompassing. I think PC really shines with it's niche exclusives, emulation and running multiplats at higher res and frame rate but if one wants to significantly outperform consoles and see solid disparity in performance the paywall is questionably bigger which at some point I believe dips into ethusiast/hobby area. I really don't see the point in building a $500 PC though with a similar power output to xbox where both platforms will have access to multiplat but xbox come with additional exclusives titles, to me it only makes sense if you're going to build high end build with big focus on emulation/PC exclusives.

The way I see it is for the most bang for your buck people will want a platform that has both good exclusives and multiplats. I honestly feel that PC dose not have good first party support, it lacks partnerships consoles have secured and this was even more relevant last gen. We are still early into gen 8 and the ratio between multiplats and exclusives is closing and making consoles more desirable. Most developers today are experienced with making games for consoles, this is the strength of console infrastructure and why it has given birth to some of the best series in gaming history. I just don't think it's time to fully adopt PC gaming and put consoles on the back burner yet.
I would see the point honestly, here in Australia you still have to pay around $500 for an Xbox One where as most of the games bar a few (most of the xbox one sole exclusives aren't that good) are on PC. And the PC has a lot more exclusives and games that are better in almost every way (unless its a terrible port, even then mods, etc can fix those issues). And while there's a long way to go on the ease of use department (Valve are trying but haven't really struck gold yet) I do think the PC has a lot more bang for buck especially in the long run than a current gen console. And apart from ps2 emulation (you can do it but I promise you most games won't look too nice), a $500 rig can emulate Wii/Gamecube games pretty well and basically every retro console to date.

While do agree with you on the paywall part, the PC can fairly easily be upgraded to the point where even if you have no idea a simple YouTube tutorial could teach you. And I don't want to dismiss consoles as a whole, I just don't see the current gen being viable when most of the games are on PC and are usually better and cheaper. And the fact that I can buy an upgradable PC that has ports and more exclusive games and features over a stagnate console that was released already underpowered in comparison to high tier PCs really just makes it seem not worth it. Multiplat is great in theory but exclusives are what make up a console.

Last edited by ,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you own a gaming PC, which most people don't, then yes.

As others have said it is not such a thing these days -- as games tended to both lean into graphics cards (a decent core2 processor is probably not going to limit you too hard these days and was good enough for a lot of things two or three years ago) and be held back by the PS3 and 360's limitations I saw a lot of people stick a graphics card in their machine (a lot of the time they did not even need to replace the PSU), maybe bump up the RAM and then get to play a game or three.
Built from the ground up to do games is possibly still a rarity but just like I do not need a £40000 racing car/bike to have fun on a track day you can do a lot without a gaming PC.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Steam is attempting to make a device called a SteamBoy which in turn would have a huge library of games and the potential to be a lot stronger than the vita.
Yeah, if they get ported to Linux that is.
But yeah I exited to see how these portable steam machines will end up. Smach Zero looks decent.
The home console steam machines are a mess though.

Trophies
XP
Country
I would see the point honestly, here in Australia you still have to pay around $500 for an Xbox One where as most of the games bar a few (most of the xbox one sole exclusives aren't that good) are on PC. And the PC has a lot more exclusives and games that are better in almost every way (unless its a terrible port, even then mods, etc can fix those issues). And while there's a long way to go on the ease of use department (Valve are trying but haven't really struck gold yet) I do think the PC has a lot more bang for buck especially in the long run than a current gen console. And apart from ps2 emulation (you can do it but I promise you most games won't look too nice), a $500 rig can emulate Wii/Gamecube games pretty well and basically every retro console to date.

While do agree with you on the paywall part, the PC can fairly easily be upgraded to the point where even if you have no idea a simple YouTube tutorial could teach you. And I don't want to dismiss consoles as a whole, I just don't see the current gen being viable when most of the games are on PC and are usually better and cheaper. And the fact that I can buy an upgradable PC that has ports and more exclusive games and features over a stagnate console that was released already underpowered in comparison to high tier PCs really just makes it seem not worth it. Multiplat is great in theory but exclusives are what make up a console.

That's kind of subjective man, even with tomb raider as a timed exclusive it's getting games like scalebound and halo looks like a great shooter. Naturally there's some overlap with microsoft platforms causing redundancy with the xbox system but taking into account ps4's exclusives like P5, GR2, Rime, BB, Horizon and also console exclusives in general like KH3, DQ and FFXV, the games PC doesn't have begins to add up. The only PC exclusives I have in mind that would encourage me to build one are star citizen, squadron 42 and ori and the blind forest, some of the upcomming greenlighted open world/sandbox/platformer/RPGS on steam just don't seem to have the support or funding to really make them shine. I have sifted through steams gauntlet of games a couple times and seldom find things that really spark my interest, that's not to say they're remotely bad games though, japanese games are just more up my alley and the platforms you and I gravitate toward to probably reflect our interest in games.

I understand building a PC within the same price bracket as an xbox gives PC the added feature of emulation and that's a solid and legitimate point BUT many people already own computers or laptops that are capable of it to some degree, for example my toaster built nearly 10 years ago can emulate up to the wii, just not as well as modern rigs. It's still a legitimate point though and something people should factor in when choosing a platform. In regards to PC gaming being cheaper, definitely with piracy, most likely for older games, but for current gen and new releases, the prices seem to be similar to console. Consoles are under powered though, that's the truth but for the most part these problems are out of mind. It really just boils down to what type of games people want to play, PS4 and vita meet my gaming needs and it's only reasonable to think that other people need a more diverse and expansive variety to meet theirs. PC and Console each have their perks and shortcomings, it's not always about power ^-^

D

Deleted User

That's kind of subjective man, even with tomb raider as a timed exclusive it's getting games like scalebound and halo looks like a great shooter. Naturally there's some overlap with microsoft platforms causing redundancy with the xbox system but taking into account ps4's exclusives like P5, GR2, Rime, BB, Horizon and also console exclusives in general like KH3, DQ and FFXV, the games PC doesn't have begins to add up. The only PC exclusives I have in mind that would encourage me to build one are star citizen, squadron 42 and ori and the blind forest, some of the upcomming greenlighted open world/sandbox/platformer/RPGS on steam just don't seem to have the support or funding to really make them shine. I have sifted through steams gauntlet of games a couple times and seldom find things that really spark my interest, that's not to say they're remotely bad games though, japanese games are just more up my alley and the platforms you and I gravitate toward to probably reflect our interest in games.

I understand building a PC within the same price bracket as an xbox gives PC the added feature of emulation and that's a solid and legitimate point BUT many people already own computers or laptops that are capable of it to some degree, for example my toaster built nearly 10 years ago can emulate up to the wii, just not as well as modern rigs. It's still a legitimate point though and something people should factor in when choosing a platform. In regards to PC gaming being cheaper, definitely with piracy, most likely for older games, but for current gen and new releases, the prices seem to be similar to console. Consoles are under powered though, that's the truth but for the most part these problems are out of mind. It really just boils down to what type of games people want to play, PS4 and vita meet my gaming needs and it's only reasonable to think that other people need a more diverse and expansive variety to meet theirs. PC and Console each have their perks and shortcomings, it's not always about power ^-^
It's subjective to an extent, PS4 only has around 5 - 10 decent exclusives. I promise you if I could be bothered I could list 50+ PC exclusives both new and old that are good and (usually) cheap, and I can list a lot more games that are on both console and PC that are a lot better especially factoring in mods. And while I will miss out on a few triple A titles that I would be interested in, I believe a few of those will end up on the PC in due time (Basically most square enix games since PC profits have been through the roof, I mean look at all the final fantasy games now on PC).

And while few triple A games are similar in price, there are third party sites like Green Man Gaming or G2A that sell steam keys / CD keys (legitimate keys) quick and easy for insanely cheap prices. I purchased Mad Max + DLC for around $25 on G2A with one of their sales and I have been more than impressed. And for those who don't want to put their trust in third party sites even steam has games for lower than in store retail price (at least in Australia) and sales. This isn't factoring in the large amount of free 2 play games on PC like Osu! or Team Fortress 2. I don't think the pros of PC derive from power, again for the same price of a next gen console you can get a good PC that would be more than enough for the general public with a larger range of enjoyable games and emulation and a wider range of features. I'm not anti-console I just feel that the current gen is lacking and with the way things are going I can only recommend getting into the PC scene sooner rather than later.

I understand most of this is subjective but aaaaaaaaaaa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?