Sony's TGS 2015 Conference - Full Recap

pslogo.jpg

Sony's 2015 Tokyo Game Show Conference has just started (8AM UK time) and will show us what the company has in store for it's PlayStation platforms for the rest of the year and beyond.

Keep an eye on this thread for the latest announcements and check out the links below to watch the conference live.

Conference Start
Click images to expand:

-4 New Vita colours release September 17th in Japan

-Shuhei Yoshida on stage

-Bloodborne The Old Hunters gameplay trailer - Releases November 24th
bb.png

-Everybodys Golf (Minna No Golf) announced for PS4

-Gravity Daze remaster for PS4 announced for December 10th
gd.png
-Gravity Daze 2 announced for PS4 only in 2016
-New Gravity Daze figma statue announced

-Ubisoft on stage

-For Honor worldwide premiere gameplay trailer

-Assassin's Creed gameplay trailer - Jack the Ripper add on DLC announce for season pass

-Sega on stage

-Yakuza Kiwami (Extreme) announced - PS3/4 21st January 2016
yakuza.png
-Yakuza 6 - PS4 Exclusive announced - Autumn 2016
yak6.png

-The King of Fighters XIV Announced for PlayStation 4

-Bandai Namco on stage

-One Piece Burning Blood announced

-New Gundam game announced for Vita

-Koei Tecmo on stage

-Toukiden 2 announced - 2016 - open world

-Nioh announce for PS4 - 2016 - Looks like Samurai Dark Souls

-Square Enix on stage

-World of Final Fantasy gameplay trailer - 2016 PS4 and Vita

-Star Ocean 5 gameplay trailer - Feb 25th 2016
so.png

-SaGa Scarlet Grace trailer - Vita
saga.png

-Kingdom Hearts 2.8 announce for PS4
kh.png

-New ATLUS/Vanillaware game announce - 13 Sentinel Aegis Rim - Looks like Dragons Crown with mechas

-Capcom on stage

-World Premiere trailer for Biohazard Umbrella Core - 2016 - Third Person VS MP
bio.png

-Spike Chunsoft on stage

-Exist Archive announce - collaboration with Tri-Ace
exist.png

-Danganronpa 3 announced for PS4 & Vita
dangan3.png

-Dragon Quest Builders announced - world premiere trailer - releases 28th Jan 2016
dq.png

-Indie showreel

-Treyarch - Call of Duty Black Ops III talk

-Hatsune Miku Project Diva Arcade Future Tone is being ported to PS4

-New faceplates, controllers and wireless headset announce
face.png face2.png head.png

-PSNow Japan beta starts tomorrow - 16th September - 150 titles available

-Project Morpheus showreel - Morpheus renamed, is now PlayStation VR

-PlayStation 4 price reduction to 34,980 yen

Confernece End

Full conference - starts at 30:12

:arrow: Watch Live #1
:arrow: TGS Official Site

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool, a new Tri-Ace game. I always enjoy their stuff.
and Danganronpa 3 woot.

Nothing else super interesting besides Gravity Rush 2 set for a while from now.

They should've kept Morpheus as Morpheus. Sounds better. Playstation VR is a bit silly, but I guess it's so people know exactly what it is. Quite the opposite tactic from what Nintendo usually does.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
All I saw was One Piece and Kingdom Hearts. I'm going to give it a bit of time, but I may end up just buying a PS4 instead of renting it like I was planning to when KH3 comes out. Hopefully that price reduction will come stateside.

Reactions: T-hug

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ports don't count. You don't say a console has a lot of games when most of them are on other consoles.
That is new. It might not have a lot of exclusives, though handheld and home console versions tended not to be counted the same, but saying it does not have a lot of games is usually for when there are few games in the library in total or few games worth playing.

Trophies
XP
Country
i'll doubt we'll see many of those vita games localized port or not...

grush 1 remaster and grush 2 for ps4
bloodborne dlc
persona 5 upcomming

imo sonies killing it

D

Deleted User

That is new. It might not have a lot of exclusives, though handheld and home console versions tended not to be counted the same, but saying it does not have a lot of games is usually for when there are few games in the library in total or few games worth playing.
Maybe not to everyone but at least to me its not really a game for the vita if its for other gaming devices. I wouldn't say the ps4 has a lot of worth while games when most of them can be purchased either on the xbox one or pc. Same reason I haven't purchased a console or vita because it doesn't seem worth it for those so few exclusives. The way I think of it is that a game isn't for one console if its also for another, I didn't mean to put words in anyone's mouth.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe not to everyone but at least to me its not really a game for the vita if its for other gaming devices.
The difference being that the Vita is portable and the PS4/3 is not.
Saying a saying that a multiplatform games doesn't count just because they're multiplatform is a stupid way of thinking. Would you rather have a game you want to play released on a system you don't want to own exclusively?
Multiplat's are great.

D

Deleted User

The difference being that the Vita is portable and the PS4/3 is not.
Saying a saying that a multiplatform games doesn't count just because they're multiplatform is a stupid way of thinking. Would you rather have a game you want to play released on a system you don't want to own exclusively?
Multiplat's are great.
Multiplat on PC makes owning a console redundant, as much as I like the idea in reality it just means the console is worth less and less. Exclusives give you a reason to buy a console. In the perfect world every game would be made on PC and sold over steam because then I don't have to worry about it not working in 10 years or having to buy an out of date console for an old game.

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Multiplat on PC makes owning a console redundant, as much as I like the idea in reality it just means the console is worth less and less. Exclusives give you a reason to buy a console. In the perfect world every game would be made on PC and sold over steam because then I don't have to worry about it not working in 10 years or having to buy an out of date console for an old game.
lol what a backwards mindstate, trust me buddy i have a better chance of playing my physical discs than you do downloading a game from some random valve server in 20 years.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Multiplat on PC makes owning a console redundant,
If you own a gaming PC, which most people don't, then yes. I still have to see a Gaming PC that is as portable as a Vita and can play all the latest games.
Many Gamers also can only afford 1 home console per generation so their choice will probably land on the console that has multiplats + Exclusives not just exclusives. Why do you think does the Wii U fail so much?

D

Deleted User

If you own a gaming PC, which most people don't, then yes. I still have to see a Gaming PC that is as portable as a Vita and can play all the latest games.
Many Gamers also can only afford 1 home console per generation so their choice will probably land on the console that has multiplats + Exclusives not just exclusives. Why do you think does the Wii U fail so much?
Gaming PC's aren't as niche as you think, I know people with little to no knowledge about computers who have purchased a gaming PC. While I don't see the appeal to portable gaming (I do own a 3ds but that was simply for Pokemon) Steam is attempting to make a device called a SteamBoy which in turn would have a huge library of games and the potential to be a lot stronger than the vita. And if someone were to save up for a decent (mind you a $500 custom built PC could output around what an xbox one can graphical wise) PC it would last longer than a home console with more features and the ability to upgrade for when technology advances. And the Wii U's failure isn't because of games as there are a multitude of good games on the Wii U. Honestly if it weren't for Nintendo's exclusives nobody would have bought a Wii U, if anything the Wii U is a perfect example of why exclusives matter a lot but don't make up the whole console. (I personally bought a Wii U for the games and I don't regret it, its the only console that has a range of decent games I can't get on PC)

I could have broken that up into paragraphs but I'm lazy, if you want an example on how PC gaming is insanely growing look at the amount of users steam had and how many are frequent www.vg247.com/2015/02/24/steam-has-over-125-million-active-users-8-9m-concurrent-peak/

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaming PC's aren't as niche as you think, I know people with little to no knowledge about computers who have purchased a gaming PC. While I don't see the appeal to portable gaming (I do own a 3ds but that was simply for Pokemon) Steam is attempting to make a device called a SteamBoy which in turn would have a huge library of games and the potential to be a lot stronger than the vita. And if someone were to save up for a decent (mind you a $500 custom built PC could output around what an xbox one can graphical wise) PC it would last longer than a home console with more features and the ability to upgrade for when technology advances. And the Wii U's failure isn't because of games as there are a multitude of good games on the Wii U. Honestly if it weren't for Nintendo's exclusives nobody would have bought a Wii U, if anything the Wii U is a perfect example of why exclusives matter a lot but don't make up the whole console. (I personally bought a Wii U for the games and I don't regret it, its the only console that has a range of decent games I can't get on PC)

I could have broken that up into paragraphs but I'm lazy, if you want an example on how PC gaming is insanely growing look at the amount of users steam had and how many are frequent www.vg247.com/2015/02/24/steam-has-over-125-million-active-users-8-9m-concurrent-peak/

While PC gaming may not be niche and hasn't been for a long time now, PC exclusives can be, it offers a different gaming experience to console, it's pivoted on mobas/mmo/moshooters as well as niche stuff like RTS, sims and other indie PC exclusives. It has the biggest gaming library right now but it's not all-encompassing. I think PC really shines with it's niche exclusives, emulation and running multiplats at higher res and frame rate but if one wants to significantly outperform consoles and see solid disparity in performance the paywall is questionably bigger which at some point I believe dips into ethusiast/hobby area. I really don't see the point in building a $500 PC though with a similar power output to xbox where both platforms will have access to multiplat but xbox come with additional exclusives titles, to me it only makes sense if you're going to build high end build with big focus on emulation/PC exclusives.

The way I see it is for the most bang for your buck people will want a platform that has both good exclusives and multiplats. I honestly feel that PC dose not have good first party support, it lacks partnerships consoles have secured and this was even more relevant last gen. We are still early into gen 8 and the ratio between multiplats and exclusives is closing and making consoles more desirable. Most developers today are experienced with making games for consoles, this is the strength of console infrastructure and why it has given birth to some of the best series in gaming history. I just don't think it's time to fully adopt PC gaming and put consoles on the back burner yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Its not really funny, that's why not.