• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

SOTU Address ... Are they showing this on MSNBC or CNN?

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing no.

Capture.JPG

She's leading a mass chant, "Biden, Biden, You're a liar!! People want a cease fire!!"
Capture2.JPG

Post automatically merged:

Gotta eat my words ... they did just show them on CNN, as the protest is apparently blocking the President's motorcade to the Capitol. Kinda unavoidable to have to show it now ... but they made sure those banners were waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the background lol.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Was shown on both from what I've seen. Bit of a hollow message though given the Biden administration has been pushing for a cease-fire for weeks now, and Hamas just rejected the newest proposal. Trump when asked about it recently said Israel should quote, "go into Gaza and finish the problem," so not a great alternative there either. Best the US can do for now is continue to air drop aid to the Palestinians, since the far-right nutjob Netanyahu has been massacring civilians with Israel's Trojan horse aid trucks.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never watched a SOTU address, but is it normal for the President to say a few things, and then wait for the crowd to stop clapping? It's pretty annoying, and reminds me of boxing, how the boxers hug, and then the ref breaks them up.

And yea, the shit happening in the "holy land" is extremely fucked up. And we're funding it, lol.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I never watched a SOTU address, but is it normal for the President to say a few things, and then wait for the crowd to stop clapping? It's pretty annoying, and reminds me of boxing, how the boxers hug, and then the ref breaks them up.
Pretty typical yeah, they don't want part of the speech drowned out by applause or other reaction noise. The best modern SOTU addresses are the ones I don't feel obligated to watch lol.

• Haha
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How about that shit show of a Republican response to Bidens speech? I've seen Syfy original movies with better acting. It was flat out weird, disturbing, and creepy. At first I though they accidently started showing an infomercial. A person has to be incredibly fucking DUMB to fall for that pathetic circus act.

Reactions: Xzi

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best the US can do for now is continue to air drop aid to the Palestinians ....

That's not what's happening though. Biden is ordering the Navy (and private war contractors, I expect) to build a harbour in Gaza, where "aid" ships can be landed. Boots on the ground.

Reactions: zfreeman and Xzi

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did I know that's all you'd have to say after Joes great speech and that infomercial shit-fest of a Republican response? Other Republicans are even trashing Katie Britt for that stupidity.

That period was a placeholder after I accidentally hit "post" before finishing a reply to Xzi.

You know what they say about when people assume, right? Makes an ass of u and me.

And I didn't think much of Biden s speech, and didn't watch the Republican response. All I heard was a lot of ways Biden wants to send our money to the rest of the world instead of spending it on Americans, a lot of hate and derision, and a lot of blaming others for problems that have risen during his term.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That period was a placeholder after I accidentally hit "post" before finishing a reply to Xzi.

You know what they say about when people assume, right? Makes an ass of u and me.

And I didn't think much of Biden s speech, and didn't watch the Republican response. All I heard was a lot of ways Biden wants to send our money to the rest of the world instead of spending it on Americans, a lot of hate and derision, and a lot of blaming others for problems that have risen during his term.

It's not my fault you fucked up your post. Don't fuck it up and then ASSUME people can read your mind. That's 100% on you. Talk about a failed attempt at a spin. You know what they say about when people assume, right? I mean. This entire thread weas created on an assumption that you were actually wrong about. Hypocrite much? Ffs. Can't even make this shit up. LMAO!

Your assessment of Bidens speech is flat out bs. It sounds like you did in fact listen to the response and used it as the basis for your response here. Biden talked PLENTY about helping Americans. I'd have to say you didn't even actually watch it, or you thought Katie Britt was Joe Biden.

• Haha

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not my fault you fucked up your post. Don't fuck it up and then ASSUME people can read your mind. That's 100% on you. Talk about a failed attempt at a spin. You know what they say about when people assume, right? I mean. This entire thread weas created on an assumption that you were actually wrong about. Hypocrite much? Ffs. Can't even make this shit up. LMAO!

Your assessment of Bidens speech is flat out bs. It sounds like you did in fact listen to the response and used it as the basis for your response here. Biden talked PLENTY about helping Americans. I'd have to say you didn't even actually watch it, or you thought Katie Britt was Joe Biden.

I hope you find a healthy outlet for all that hostility.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope you find a healthy outlet for all that hostility.

That's what the Republicans are saying after sleepy, dementia Joe gave them a swift fact check to the side of their heads. What's wrong? Are the facts I presented too aggressive for you? Am I too fiery for ya?

So no denying the facts I presented then? Just a quick change of subject? LMAO! Lame.

• Haha

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let put Trump in office and Gaza is going to be annexed into Israel with all of Palestinians expelled, so that is definitely execution based on what protesters want, so if not, be careful. Like @Xzi said, there is no good alternative.

Far right wing in Israel want ONE Israel with all of Gaza and West Bank included.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro, you need to chill. I don't agree with Hanafuda politically... like, at all, but this is really uncalled for and weird.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what the Republicans are saying after sleepy, dementia Joe gave them a swift fact check to the side of their heads. What's wrong? Are the facts I presented too aggressive for you? Am I too fiery for ya?

So no denying the facts I presented then? Just a quick change of subject? LMAO! Lame.
They're the party of "alternative facts"

Don't forget that as of last year, 70% of Trump voters still think that the election results are fraudulent. There's no reasoning with most of them.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was shown on both from what I've seen. Bit of a hollow message though given the Biden administration has been pushing for a cease-fire for weeks now, and Hamas just rejected the newest proposal.
Eh, it's too late, really. Unless he bends over backwards to pull all U.S. support out of the war (which he won't, and probably can't, do) he'll be seen as supporting genocide by continuing to involve the country in a foreign war. His stance on the war was kind of puzzling from a popularity standpoint since that goes against what a lot of younger voters want to see.

I understand alliances and supporting allied countries in war (global politics is gonna global politics), but our support of Israel over Hamas primarily because of their religious affiliation is beyond idiotic to me. Religious affiliation becomes so incredibly irrelevant when civilians are getting killed because of it.
Trump when asked about it recently said Israel should quote, "go into Gaza and finish the problem," so not a great alternative there either.
This is about the closest take to "let them eat cake" in the modern era that I think I've ever seen.
"Just... beat the enemy then you win right? Hur dur"

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bro, you need to chill. I don't agree with Hanafuda politically... like, at all, but this is really uncalled for and weird.

Bro, I'm perfectly chill. Lmao. Nothing uncalled for or weird about calling out someone's sheer hypocrisy and misinformation. Know what's actually weird? Playing an "assumption" card after literally creating a topic based 100% on an incorrect assumption, assuming other forum members can read minds after flubbing up a post, making untrue comments about a speech that anyone can listen to, and resorting to nothing but deflection when called out on it.. That's what's weird.

• Haha

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's not what's happening though. Biden is ordering the Navy (and private war contractors, I expect) to build a harbour in Gaza, where "aid" ships can be landed. Boots on the ground.
Both are happening, we've already air dropped a whole lot of aid packages and will continue to do so while the harbor is being constructed. Political pressure on the Israeli government was never gonna be enough, they have to be circumvented entirely.

This is about the closest take to "let them eat cake" in the modern era that I think I've ever seen.
"Just... beat the enemy then you win right? Hur dur"
Translated from Trumpanzee it means, "finish committing genocide."

• Haha

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translated from Trumpanzee it means, "finish committing genocide."
He really has no reason to give any less shallow of a response. His words, as shallow and meaningless as they are, still juxtapose with Biden's enough to affirm support with his devoted followers.
"Biden isn't doing anything, but I would. Therefore, I'm better than him".
The amount of logic one must put aside for this to be true is extremely concerning.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
He really has no reason to give any less shallow of a response. His words, as shallow and meaningless as they are, still juxtapose with Biden's enough to affirm support with his devoted followers.
"Biden isn't doing anything, but I would. Therefore, I'm better than him".
The amount of logic one must put aside for this to be true is extremely concerning.
Humanitarian aid would equate to "nothing" in their eyes, yeah. Biden should've been urging restraint immediately from October 7th on, but at least he has demonstrated a willingness to adapt to events as they unfold. Whether it's because he had privately been growing frustrated with Netanyahu behind closed doors, or because of the 'uncommitted' vote campaigns demonstrating momentum, the change in strategy is a welcome one.

• Haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto