Soulsborne action-RPG game 'Thymesia' gets release date

thymesia.png

Indie developer OverBorder Studio have revealed the launch date of their upcoming title Thymesia, which they describe as a soulsborne action-RPG game. For the announcement, they aired a new trailer that also gives a glimpse of the gameplay:

As the mysterious masked protagonist Corvus, players will battle through the plague-ridden and blood-soaked streets of Hermes against the unforgiving enemies that now inhabit the once-thriving city. Tasked with uncovering the truth and saving Hermes, Corvus will utilise mysterious plague powered weapons reaved from fallen foes and use them to execute devastating attacks as he overcomes seemingly impossible odds and uncovers the truth hidden in his memories.

Key features of Thymesia include:
  • Weaponising diseases: Seize diseases from enemies and wield them as deadly weapons
  • Fight Your Way: Upgrade and modify Corvus’ basic movements and plague weapons to devastating effect
  • A dark and deadly world: With a sinister and gloomy backdrop, Thymesia oozes character through its environments and setting
  • Unforgiving enemies: Corrupted by the plague, and mutated into monsters, enemies are twisted and incredibly hostile, challenging players at every turn

Thymesia will launch on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on 9th August, and is available to wishlist on Steam. A demo is also available on Steam for a limited time as from today till Monday 9th May.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Fromsoft: 100 brands, 1 game.

They can pay me for their new motto later :D
Edit: lmao, it's actually an indie studio instead. Everybody is copying everybody.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Fromsoft: 100 brands, 1 game.

They can pay me for their new motto later :D
Edit: lmao, it's actually an indie studio instead. Everybody is copying everybody.
Nah... This is a Soulsborne action rpg.
Totes different bro.

Reactions: zoogie

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Played the demo yesterday, beat both minibosses and the boss. It's a great framework, but it needs some serious tuning. Of all the soulsbornes, it feels most like Sekiro due to the focus on deflections and prescriptive reactions to different attack types (because no, contrary to some previous comments, Fromsoftware does not just make the same game over and over again, stop being so small-minded). Sekiro is my least favorite soulsborne so that's kinda a bummer to me, but there's some potential here and I hope they can realize it in a way that doesn't feel quite so hatefuck hard.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope they let you turn that down (or off). Same with that shitty chromatic aberration.
The demo was real barebones in terms of settings, but I'm hoping and assuming that's just the demo. The demo runs only at a 60fps cap with a vsync option that doesn't actually work, too. lol

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demo was real barebones in terms of settings, but I'm hoping and assuming that's just the demo. The demo runs only at a 60fps cap with a vsync option that doesn't actually work, too. lol

Um. What?

Brightness
Gamma
Resolution
Resolution Scale
AMD Fidelity FX Super Resolution
FSR Graphics Scale
Texture Quality
Shadow Quality
Filter Quality
Anti-Aliasing Quality
Motion Blur
V-Sync

It's also NOT capped at 60fps and V-Sync works just fine.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
But, Sekiro is Fromsoft's best game. Without the wide variety of builds and equipment, they sharpened their development into making the most satisfying fights of all-time, full stop.

Sekiro is the GOAT.
Yeah, I just can't agree. Different opinions and all so it's fine, but I think that combat system is actively pretty bad and way less polished than it needs to be for what it demands of the player. Also way too simplistic to be interesting for its runtime.

(Did not mean to double post, could not find the option to delete my last post or add the reply to my last one)

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No. You are not right. Why? Becasue you're blaming the demo instead of your potato computer and/or your lack of understanding of how to properly use it. The things you said were broken are in fact not broken. So nope.
My PC is well more than powerful enough to run much more demanding games at much higher frame rates, and I very much know how to use it. You don't know a damn thing about me or what hardware I use, and calling me an idiot or liar when it comes to a TEST DEMO specifically for an unfinished game that is likely to have various bugs and incompatibilities is absolutely insane. Have you never heard of Occam's Razor?

I don't have time or desire to engage with your needless hostility, so don't bother responding if you're going to keep being like that. Anything you say won't be read or responded to. 😘

Reactions: Takokeshi

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PC is well more than powerful enough to run much more demanding games at much higher frame rates, and I very much know how to use it. You don't know a damn thing about me or what hardware I use, and calling me an idiot or liar when it comes to a TEST DEMO specifically for an unfinished game that is likely to have various bugs and incompatibilities is absolutely insane. Have you never heard of Occam's Razor?

I don't have time or desire to engage with your needless hostility, so don't bother responding if you're going to keep being like that. Anything you say won't be read or responded to. 😘

Except no one other than you had had those two issues. 14 pages of discussion over at the Steam forum for the game, and nothing. Learn how to use your computer. And hostility? Seems you're the one thats pretty upset about this, not me. "You don't know a damn thing about me!!!!!" If I didn't know better, I'd say something triggered you.

PS. Has anyone ever told you to learn how to use your PC? Becasue despite your claims, you are 100% wrong. The demo does not have those issues. Fact. Period. There is not even anything to discuss or debate. You are wrong. Deal with it, becasue crying and being angry isn't going to change it. Oh, and if I haven't mentioned it already, you should probably learn how to use your PC correctly. Becasue if you had those issues it's 100% on your end, something YOU are doing wrong. Not the demo.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting tired of games pretending to have a story when they really don't. Environmental storytelling just doesn't work very well if you don't have anything to back it up.
I didn't really get that feeling from Thymesia (mainly because it's such a small vertical slice) but yeah, it does not work without anything backing it up. I think with Souls in particular, it's pretty greatly elevated by having a cottage industry of fans piecing together a story outside the game. Which isn't the say that the context isn't there, but I don't think people would be so high on its story without that cottage industry, and smaller alsorans like Thymesia aren't going to have that built-in good faith.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
So is "soulsborne" the new "metroidvania"?
Never heard that term before

Basically, yes. It's a description meant to sell the game to weak minded people, but in my head all I see is simple ripoffs being described using such terms. If the game was good by itself it would be it's own type of game and not need to be categorized as a knockoff.

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um. What?

Brightness
Gamma
Resolution
Resolution Scale
AMD Fidelity FX Super Resolution
FSR Graphics Scale
Texture Quality
Shadow Quality
Filter Quality
Anti-Aliasing Quality
Motion Blur
V-Sync

It's also NOT capped at 60fps and V-Sync works just fine.
yeah idk what this dude is on about either. has a decent amount of quality settings, especially the ones he's concerned about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?