South Park: Stick of Truth to get Switch port

header.jpg

While the Nintendo Switch saw the release of the recent South Park game, The Fractured But Whole, the previous South Park game hadn't got the chance to be on the platform. Now, that's about to change, as Ubisoft plans to bring South Park: The Stick of Truth to the Nintendo Switch. This wasn't given a major official announcement, but it was listed within Ubisoft's recent financial report, showing the game being on tap for the company's Q2 (Jul-Sept) schedule. It'll also be a digital only title, and won't be getting a physical release. South Park: The Stick of Truth originally launched on PC, 360, and PS3 in 2014, and would see a later release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

:arrow: Source

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'tis a shame I just played this on PS4 since I figured the switch wouldn't be getting a port of stick of truth. Hopefully this port's launch will be a bit better for people on the switch than fractured but whole's switch launch.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg stick of truth?? So old. Not saying it's a bad game but it's dated like most games on switch. Payday was released on there only this year and hat was like a 2013, what happened to the days of new games being made for new systems.
Nintendo is slacking and soon they want a monthly fee for their inferior games list to be played online, no thanks

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Chary
Typo? Q2 is not Jul-Sept ;)
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/q/quarter.asp

Financial quarters. Financial year starts in March.

Goes back to an old tradition where the year starts with Spring/March.

This is why December is the 12th month, but literally named 10 (Decem). Because the year used to start with March - which would make December month 10.

Edit: (Jk that link doesn't support my point - I think that maybe it's been a really long time since it was thought of that way)

Last edited by x65943,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Omg stick of truth?? So old. Not saying it's a bad game but it's dated like most games on switch. Payday was released on there only this year and hat was like a 2013, what happened to the days of new games being made for new systems.
Nintendo is slacking and soon they want a monthly fee for their inferior games list to be played online, no thanks
It got the sequel so it only makes sense that it gets the first game too.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Yessss! I liked Stick of Truth better than Fractured But Whole. I just wonder, is it gonna be priced at $60? Because if so, not worth. If it's something like $20 or $30 tops, that's reasonable. The game can be found ridiculously cheap in places now, so it makes no sense to port it full-price.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic game by Obsidian Entertainment, but obviously quite old. Good if someone still hasn't played it, but otherwise meh
Definitely nice for those that haven't played it, but I presume some people may be interested in playing it again. I own it on PC, but I think if it's cheap enough on Switch, I'll rebuy it to play on my morning commute or something. Good games are still good years later.

Reactions: KingVamp

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It got the sequel so it only makes sense that it gets the first game too.

The first game should of been released with the second as a double pack for the same price, not released afterward.
It's an old game like most of switch's main library.
Looking forward to the downfall of the switch and Nintendo as a whole after all these old games releasing and them charging a fee for their online service, a complete joke.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The first game should of been released with the second as a double pack for the same price, not released afterward.
Looking forward to the downfall of the switch and Nintendo as a whole after all these old games releasing and them charging a fee for their online service, a complete joke.
Ubisoft failed to get this out at a relevant time, and we don't yet know the price of the port, but as it is, Ubisoft is showing that they're supporting the Switch, and while it's an old game, it's also made by Obsidian, so it's definitely good. Chances are, a lot of the target demographic of Switch owners likely haven't played it on other platforms. Assuming they get the price right, there's really nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: cearp

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People who bought the 2nd one should get this for free, just like the other systems did.

why?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lol, you'll be dead and forgotten by everyone long before nintendo is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol