Hacking [Speculation] Super Mario Odyssey uses v3.0.1 gamecrypto

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make it plain and simple:
Do you own a Switch on FW 3.0.0?

If you do, can you please insert the cartridge which you say you own and confirm that it prompts an update?

Thanks.
already done. Yes, mine was on 3.0.0 until today. The game itself even has an update to download as soon as you put it in. You can play without it though. I'm not sure what that update is for. I went ahead and updated to 4.0.1 to get the SMBO update as well as The Mummy Demastered (since all the reviewers are creaming over it).

P.S., why would something so trivial need video proof? are you THAT dense? Why would anybody even lie about such a thing?

Last edited by urherenow,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same with the downloadable version! I was on 3.0.2 and did not see the game. I only saw it when it was on 4.0.1!
probably because of the day 1 update. Considering you got the download version anyway, why wouldn't it have been the latest version? It would have been the dumbest thing ever to download the entire game, and then have it ask you to download an update.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
probably because of the day 1 update. Considering you got the download version anyway, why wouldn't it have been the latest version? It would have been the dumbest thing ever to download the entire game, and then have it ask you to download an update.
Afaik on the 3DS, game updates are distributed as separate “apps“ you have to install on top of the actual game. Maybe it‘s the same on the Switch.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uuuuuhhhhm yeah i understand perfectly what confirmed means mate. and i don´t need to use spell check like you who seem to be in need of help for everything in his life even for something simple like writing...or EVEN WORSE THAN THAT reading ! i stated i wondered how that person confirmed it WITHOUT having the cart, because that hacker confirmed it even before that !!! and you gramar nazi i had ONE word false and that was actually (written actuall), so i guess i don´t need spell check...oh boy, why this hate ?
Applause and thanks to machinoan who perfectly understood what i wrote there ! But nonetheless @urherenow you simply STILLnot wrote if that update is existant on that cart ???
So before you go out and do offend people, you could have first read the whole post and then just give a simple answer like: yeah i have the cart in hand and i can confirm the update 3.01 is present.
You STILL think you only got one word wrong? Just go to edit your post and look at all the red. Including this past post.

first post:
existant
specuation
existant (twice isn't a typo. It's ignorance)

This past post:
gramar
actuall

and... guess what?

existant.

P.S. there was this whole pre-load thing you could have done from the eshop, so the files have been on hackers' systems for quite some time. By the way, misspelling grammar while trying to retort against a Grammar Nazi is pure gold :rofl2:

Afaik on the 3DS, game updates are distributed as separate “apps“ you have to install on top of the actual game. Maybe it‘s the same on the Switch.
This isn't the 3DS, and at least 2 people in this thread had to go to 4.0.1 to even play (whereas with a cart you could play on 3.0.1 with no update). Even on a 3DS, have you ever downloaded a game from the shop and immediately been asked for an update? I don't remember that ever happening. There's no way on the switch yet to uninstall an update, even if it was a separate file. Not to mention the size of the games... it would be really poor practice to have additional full update files separated, vice replacing old files. That's just the only way to do things with a cart.

oranginasprite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
already done. Yes, mine was on 3.0.0 until today. The game itself even has an update to download as soon as you put it in. You can play without it though. I'm not sure what that update is for. I went ahead and updated to 4.0.1 to get the SMBO update as well as The Mummy Demastered (since all the reviewers are creaming over it).

Good. I can also confirm, as many other have, that it will not even display the game icon until you update to 3.0.1. ( I was on 3.0.0)
As I said in another message, I was very confident (99%+) in the fact that the update was needed, the only thing that made me doubt was that it was a screencap of a chat involving the estimed hacker sciresm, and not a tweet straight from him proper.

P.S., why would something so trivial need video proof? are you THAT dense? Why would anybody even lie about such a thing?

Life pro-tip: Might want to look for a local anger management group based on this and other answers.

Reactions: machinoman

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does the game come with the system update? or you have to update yourself via wifi and than play the game? doesnt seem fair to those without internet if the ladder is the case

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-