[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises Discussion

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those that actually watched the movie, did they hint at a sequel?
It leaves off with a possibility but IIRC Chris Nolan said he's done with the series and I personally don't think anyone will pick it up from where he left it.

Time to wait for the next reboot :)
I hope it can follow in the footsteps of the dark knight and continue to portray batman in the correct manor. I would really rather see more d.c universe movies though... besides just batman. I would be interested if they continued on robins legacy i guess, but i like teen titans robin more :P I want live action teen titans movie!

Reactions: 1 person

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those that actually watched the movie, did they hint at a sequel?
It leaves off with a possibility but IIRC Chris Nolan said he's done with the series and I personally don't think anyone will pick it up from where he left it.

Time to wait for the next reboot :)
I hope it can follow in the footsteps of the dark knight and continue to portray batman in the correct manor. I would really rather see more d.c universe movies though... besides just batman. I would be interested if they continued on robins legacy i guess, but i like teen titans robin more :P I want live action teen titans movie!

I was thinking that. A Teen Titans movie would be pretty awesome, But I honestly think that Robin would be the only believable one out of all of them. Everyone else would need too much CGI and costume effects. But who knows.

I can see more of a Batman Beyond sort of thing happening. That would be pretty epic. Then again, you run into the problem of needing someone (and someone GOOD) to pickup where Nolan left off.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, my biggest hype for a teen titans movie would be the portrayl of Deathstroke/Slade. Deathstroke is freaking cool.
I do think your right though, itd be very hard to take the movie seriously.
Best show ever though i still watch it on boomerang.
Like i said, there is a decent ammount of dc heroes/villans i would love to see more movies of.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nolan is done with Batman, I think they said they want more but that probably means a low quality reboot that only banks in on the name.

I would say I'd want more DC movies but it hasn't exactly been easy for them. The only success in recent years is Batman. The Superman reboot flopped, Green Lantern was horrible. I mean Man of Steel comes out next year which may be good and then a Justice League movie in 2014 (citation needed) but they aren't able to pump out quality franchises like Marvel has with Thor, Captain America, the Hulk, and Iron Man (not to mention the Guardians of the Universe or whatever they're called which is getting a movie).

I mean if they get a director as competent as Nolan and a decent cast a reboot might be interesting but I doubt it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But my biggest gripe is with the nuclear explosion at the end and his escape from it. Ok so they try and explain it with the autopilot and stuff, but you see him still flying the Bat with five seconds to go and earlier they say the nuke has a blast radius of six miles. Even with autopilot how the fuck did he get six miles away from the blast in five seconds? Its impossible. Also what about the fallout and stuff? The nuke clearly didn't detonate underwater or anything, you see a huge mushroom cloud, so are they saying that the blast didn't effect Batman or Gotham at all? Urgh.
I don't remember the bit where he was flying it with 5 seconds to go, but I'm sure you're right and if so, that's a bit of a flaw I agree. But your point about the fallout: This was a nuclear fusion bomb, not a nuclear fission bomb (like current nuclear bombs), and nuclear fusion doesn't have involve radioactive materials. So there is no fallout of radiation. At least, that's my understanding of it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But my biggest gripe is with the nuclear explosion at the end and his escape from it. Ok so they try and explain it with the autopilot and stuff, but you see him still flying the Bat with five seconds to go and earlier they say the nuke has a blast radius of six miles. Even with autopilot how the fuck did he get six miles away from the blast in five seconds? Its impossible. Also what about the fallout and stuff? The nuke clearly didn't detonate underwater or anything, you see a huge mushroom cloud, so are they saying that the blast didn't effect Batman or Gotham at all? Urgh.
I don't remember the bit where he was flying it with 5 seconds to go, but I'm sure you're right and if so, that's a bit of a flaw I agree. But your point about the fallout: This was a nuclear fusion bomb, not a nuclear fission bomb (like current nuclear bombs), and nuclear fusion doesn't have involve radioactive materials. So there is no fallout of radiation. At least, that's my understanding of it.

With movies like this, there will be plot holes. But it's a popcorn movie, it isn't meant for deep analysis. It's more so the point of the scene that matters than nitpicking exactly how the scene ended. It was meant to show that people thought Bruce/Batman was dead and that he sacrificed himself saving the city. He became the symbol people needed, so on and so forth.

I just see people complaining a lot about minor logic holes that don't really matter in the end when they are meant to be significant to the plot or characters. I don't even know why people would pick apart fucking Batman so much. He's notorious for having deus ex machina as his best weapon.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nolan also said he was done after The Dark Knight...
I think if the price is right and the story is good (a Batman Beyond type deal with Bruce training Blake would be beyond good enough) he'd be back. Christian Bale and Anne Hathaway have already stated that they'd be up for more if the same people were involved and JGL seems like he's up for anything.

So while Nolan says he's done, I'm not inclined to believe that. I also think that should they move on without him he would still be involved as a producer/writer and that Jonah Nolan and/or David Goyer would be more than capable (and familiar with the production and cast) to pull off a decent movie.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wz0Dl.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
How many people realized after watching this movie that they recycled Inception's cast in this film, besides Leonardo :P and a few other people?
It was a Nolan flick so I sorta expected it.

http://en.wikipedia....g_collaborators :3

I kind of enjoy seeing actors/directors work together often. Makes them seem like an acting company.
Same. I never really noticed anything of the sort until watching some of Joss Whedon's other works. Being a big Buffy and Angel fan, I went nuts seeing them in other projects. A lot of Directors do this but I seem to only pick up on the ones that fall into my favorite works....

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the title of the topic clearly says SPOILERS, I'll avoid spoiler tags as they make reading a topic difficult.

Okay, so what was the deal with the scar on Talia's back that they took the time to highlight on her while she was in bed with Bruce?

looking at imdb i saw this

"Bane has a triangle shaped scar on the side of his head, most visible during the stock exchange scene. Miranda Tate has an identical scar on her back, noticeable during her love scene with Bruce, thus hinting at her membership in the League of Shadows and true identity as Talia"

hope that sheds some light on it, I never noticed Bane had a scar on his head either

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought