Hacking [SUGGESTION] Right Analog stick support for Splinter Cell: Essentials

Logitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks! New version is needed though since Splinter Cell: Essentials native plugin has been released. Here is updated source with commented out SC:E. Also commented out Final Fantasy Type 0 due to problems in menu (unlike normal Vita dpad to analog remap the plugin bugs in-game menu selection speed).

It looks like new patches are released quite often so if you grow tired of compiling the source over and over let me know - I will try to learn how to do it (although some link that explains it would be useful in such case).

https://www.sendspace.com/file/xf5lzd

FR0ZN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any other plugins active?
Like the lite camera patch for example?

If not, maybe it only works with the EU version.

bosshunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks! New version is needed though since Splinter Cell: Essentials native plugin has been released. Here is updated source with commented out SC:E. Also commented out Final Fantasy Type 0 due to problems in menu (unlike normal Vita dpad to analog remap the plugin bugs in-game menu selection speed).

It looks like new patches are released quite often so if you grow tired of compiling the source over and over let me know - I will try to learn how to do it (although some link that explains it would be useful in such case).

https://www.sendspace.com/file/xf5lzd

There you go: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xh1jib97gwjedw9/camera_patch_lite.zip

Reactions: Logitech

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think Socom FireTeam Bravo 2 and 3 deserve right analog support as well. Socom on PSP was a great and funny game!

bosshunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think Socom FireTeam Bravo 2 and 3 deserve right analog support as well. Socom on PSP was a great and funny game!

Thank you for point out these great games!

Here's the plugin modified with support for SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 1 (US and EU), 2 (US and EU) and 3 (US, EU and JP), edited from Freakler's plugin.

For Fireteam Bravo 1 and Fireteam Bravo 2, you need to enter FREELOOK (camera mode) first by pressing Right D-Pad ingame.
For Fireteam Bravo 3, you need to enter FREELOOK (camera mode) first by pressing Up D-Pad ingame.

With the help of @reprep, I've added a button combo check for movement (PSP_CTRL_MOVEBUTTON), due to fact that it's needed for these games.

You won't be able to move and control the camera at the same time, but it sure does make the game more enjoyable than the psp default settings. So, to control the camera you need to stop moving and vice-versa.

Maybe we will have a proper native patch for these games someday, who knows.

Link: https://github.com/bosshunter/camera-patch-lite-alt/releases

Thanks to:
Freakler for original code of camera_patch_lite
@reprep for helping with controller hooks
Total_Noob for his DS3remapper

Last edited by bosshunter,

KabutoKun

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice to see interest around here for right analog patches :)

I've seen several requests for a patch for MGS Peace Walker, but an user already made one for it some months ago and posted it at the PPSSPP forums; it works great on PPSSPP and should work for Vita too. Patches available for PW USA and EUR releases. The same user posted patches for Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex USA, right analog acceleration for Initial D: Street Stage HERE, and maybe others.

I've made enhancements to the patches released by theFlow and porting them to CW cheat as assembly code so they can be used with PPSSPP too. For example, my yet to be released patch for Assassin's Creed Bloodlines is a true analog patch, not just a digital mapping to the right analog like the one already available.

Also, I have made a couple of patches for other games on my own, I just have to port them to other game region/releases to post them all at once. Marvel Ultimate Alliance series, partially working patch for Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (should be easy to port it to Logan's Shadow and Resistance once it's done) and some WIP research on some other games: Star Wars Battlefront series, Medal of Honor Heroes, Kingdom Hearts BBS, Ratched and Clank Size Matters (which will help for Daxter, Secret Agent Clank and Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier), etc.

I will post all my right analog patches HERE, including my ports of the remastered plugins by theFlow. Lack of time and a stable internet connection has limited my contributions for some weeks, but I'll try to post them ASAP.

Every game has its own code structure of reading analog inputs and processing them, so some games are easy to patch while others are incredible hard, but I'm willing to take a look to the games that needs them the most. :P

Last edited by KabutoKun,

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I've seen several requests for a patch for MGS Peace Walker, but an user already made one for it some months ago and posted it at the PPSSPP forums; it works great on PPSSPP and should work for Vita too. Patches available for PW USA and EUR releases. The same user posted patches for Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex USA, right analog acceleration for Initial D: Street Stage HERE, and maybe others.

I've made enhancements to the patches released by theFlow and porting them to CW cheat as assembly code so they can be used with PPSSPP too. For example, my yet to be released patch for Assassin's Creed Bloodlines is a true analog patch, not just a digital mapping to the right analog like the one already available.

Also, I have made a couple of patches for other games on my own, I just have to port them to other game region/releases to post them all at once. Marvel Ultimate Alliance series, partially working patch for Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (should be easy to port it to Logan's Shadow and Resistance once it's done) and some WIP research on some other games: Star Wars Battlefront series, Medal of Honor Heroes, Kingdom Hearts BBS, Ratched and Clank Size Matters (which will help for Daxter, Secret Agent Clank and Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier), etc.

I will post all my right analog patches HERE, including my ports of the remastered plugins by theFlow. Lack of time and a stable internet connection has limited my contributions for some weeks, but I'll try to post them ASAP.

Every game has its own code structure of reading analog inputs and processing them, so some games are easy to patch while others are incredible hard, but I'm willing to take a look to the games that needs them the most. :P
Can you post compiled .prx anywhere?

You are doing god's work sir.

FR0ZN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Awesome job man, do you consider releasing your src on github or something?
I ask, becasue I'd also be interested in plugins, rather than cheats :)

Another thing I wanted to ask you is, if you understand the src behind the Splinter Cell patch that the TheFlow did ?
If so, do you think you can adapt that them to the Multiplayer portion of the game? Because his patch only works in singleplayer and I somehow have a feeling that it doesn't require new adresses for the MP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh