Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have many problems with this.
The first one is: How someone can take it's own life due Internet bullying?
Is that a thing now?

I've heard of people being bullied in real life (I was bullied at school as a kid) and yet I was taught to defend myself because nobody did it for me, even teachers bullied me for as long as highschool graduation.

I really don't understand how a person can decide to end it's life thanks to the Internet. I'm honestly scratching my head how something like this can happen.

Second problem: How hard was to stay away of such sites?
Kiwifarms goes well above and beyond cyberbullying and into some pretty terrible actions. Many victims become actively stalked, even to the point where both their online and offline lives are made a living nightmare. Many victims that I've personally known have had the stalking go as far as having those close to them being doxxed and harassed, having their workplaces/schools called by harassers, and now struggle with other issues due to how far the harassment goes. They don't just simply stop at making one person's life horrible. They go as far as making everyone around them suffer and making sure that they struggle with everything from finding a job and a place to live, to even maintaining relationships. Many victims end up suffering from paranoia because of the length Kiwifarms will go to ruining someone's life.

Last edited by The Catboy,

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's even worse is that a bunch of people on that forum genuinely believe that cyberbulling does no harm and that people who are hurt by this are left leaning politically, LGBTQ+ or a minority group. I got sick just reading the thread

It gets worse. I've seen people (on twitter, of course) quote and link articles from that forum as proof that some people deserved to be doxxed.
It is actively being used as a source of 'information' to justify cyberbullying even outside that forum, and the people who do that aren't always troll, some will spread out unverified/unverifiable information and genuinely think they're doing the right thing.

Magicantian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt Byuu is dead, this looks like pseudo Kamikaze tactics, he's likely leaving the scene for a multitude of reasons. People hate and talk shit for no reason and it's gotta stop regardless if he's dead. If you participate in this hive minded troll garbage, keep in mind, the world's changing, you're going to get flagged and we're going to find you.

Been loving his work since the beginning. Throw it up for the Legend.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Directed at no one in particular, please have some respect for Near and remember that they are non-binary and use they/them pronouns. It's one thing to misgender a living person but to deliberately (not faulting you if you did it by accident) misgender a dead person is deeply disrespectful to their memory.

Thanks.

nemwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Directed at no one in particular, please have some respect for Near and remember that they are non-binary and use they/them pronouns. It's one thing to misgender a living person but to deliberately (not faulting you if you did it by accident) misgender a dead person is deeply disrespectful to their memory.

Thanks.
thank you for saying this

LunarRXA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked out "KiwiFarms" briefly like 5-10m ago. It's the worst type of sarcastic, non-nonsensical banter where trolls and bullies have gathered to give each-other righteous affirmation in their petty, vindictive judgement and behavior. We've all only got one life to live, and judging and vilifying others to the extent that you make the argument that someone "deserved" suicide is beyond fucked up.

It's hypocritical to be so super judgemental while hiding behind a veil of anonymity and pretending like they're paragons of perfection. I read maybe 2-3 comments before I wanted to throw up due to how hateful, spiteful, politically insensitive and tone-deaf the comments are. The top thread is written by someone with a racial slur in their name, and that says everything you need to know about "KiwiFarms."

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like this isn't the first time they've done something like this and it won't be the last. The site should be shut down and certain members should be charged criminally after reviewing their activities. Buncha no-life scumbags.

Need to kill the web hosting for this website, but oh wait, they will find other one.

RIP Near.

I have been bullied at high school, college, Twitter and FB, but not in here.

Members in World News, Current Events & Politics section is much more friendlier and nicer than in FB, also moderators did good job to get under control in here, but it is nonexistent on FB.

Deleted member 560282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Suicide is not the solution
Yet, many people get to the point of seeing it as the only exit from the pain and suffering they are embracing
Its really sad to think there is people so dehumanize in the world that they find pleasure in putting people at their biggest limits
May their soul rest in peace. And may they not be forgotten

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but this sounds like Byuu is trying to blackmail that Kiwifarms website into closing because he doesn't like being made fun of. This is just disgusting cancel culture at it's worst. It's very insulting that this Byuu person is using his suicide to manhandle someone and his buddies seem in on it.

I remember when CEMU emulator first started gaining traction and there were lots of people upset about CEMU making tons of money from Patreon due to it's latest build being patreon-only. Byuu was one of those people who talked shit saying CEMU was setting some new standard for all future console emulators to require being paid-only (which wasn't even valid because Cemu's previous builds were free!). This person has a history of being overly dramatic.

I'm thinking some lawyers are about to get involved. Otherwise, is typical internet drama nonsense. Do not get involved with those people no matter how you feel about Byuu's work. They're bullys and they're bad news. This is just bullies slapfighting other bullies.

Reactions: warmo161
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol