'Super Mario Maker 2' Direct scheduled for tomorrow

mario maker 2.PNG
Make, break, play and repeat your very own Super Mario levels with Super Mario Maker 2 on the Nintendo Switch! The sequel to the Super Mario Maker game is set for a release this June 28th and in anticipation of its release, Nintendo will be holding a Direct dedicated to the game tomorrow, Wednesday, May 15 at 3 p.m. PT / 6 p.m. ET for a roughly 15-minute presentation packed with information all about Super Mario Maker 2 for Nintendo Switch. The Direct will be streamed on YouTube from the official Nintendo channel. Tune in tomorrow and click play on the video below to watch it!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Repeat of the previous title’s problems. Lack of proper organization with levels, anything considered piracy of other Nintendo IPs will be taken down and overly difficult levels will get listed as popular/first, even though in reality they are pure crap!

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll be interesting to see if they fix any of the criticisms from the first game, or they're just going to do whatever they want regardless.

Going to be fun. Very much looking forward to it.

Reactions: chartube12

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is gonna perfect for switch. I can't wait! I hope it has co-op and the ability to download user created levels and play them offline.

Reactions: Deleted_413010

reddragon105

Trophies
XP
Country
just look at MK8, it's literally same game at full prize, but many people just bought it again even without thinking TWICE :P

then that squid shooter 2....
To be fair, MK8 Deluxe was MK8 + DLC for the same price as MK8, so better value in a way. But also no one was forcing anyone to buy it.

I have to agree that it could be disappointing.
Seems like anything new in Super Mario Maker 2 could've Just as easily been DLC for the first game.
The game is going to be right at home on the Switch, and there's no way they could have added Switch compatibility as DLC.
As someone who hasn't played the first one, I would be happy with a port. For anyone who did play the first one, new features + playing on the Switch should be enough incentive.

Think this should be released with the upgraded switch which wil be called the super switch - oh shit did I just leak the consoles name:lol:
I'd prefer Super Switcheroo.

Reactions: Tiger21820

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
watch an always on connection be required like MK 11 their putting stopping piracy first then pleasing fans (again)

Doubtful. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they had DRM as bad as that game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hope they archive every level made with the Wii U Mario Maker, or give Wii U players the ability to make it compatible for the Switch. Because we can't not archive gems like this:

Reactions: phreaksho

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
I hope it has co-op and the ability to download user created levels and play them offline.

Co-op is probably a feature here (given the promotional material used featuring both mario and luigi) but offline play will most likely NOT happen.

Doubtful. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they had DRM as bad as that game.

I hope they archive every level made with the Wii U Mario Maker, or give Wii U players the ability to make it compatible for the Switch. Because we can't not archive gems like this:

I have that level downloaded on my old WiiU SDCard. If I can find a way to rip it, I'll upload it for download manually. :D

MK8 + DLC for the same price as MK8, so better value in a way. But also no one was forcing anyone to buy it.

Remember when DLC used to be free?

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Co-op is probably a feature here (given the promotional material used featuring both mario and luigi) but offline play will most likely NOT happen.

But that would be self-defeating if, say, I want to play my Switch in the car, or if I'm at the doctor's office and the like. Yes, there's public wi-fi, but it's not available all the time. I just don't see why Nintendo, who made the Switch themselves would be all like, "hey, I see you got a Mario Maker 2 cartridge there, but because you aren't online, that cartridge has just become another glorified proprietary microSD card in a Nintendo package!"

It just doesn't add up in my mind.

reddragon105

Trophies
XP
Country
Remember when DLC used to be free?
No. I remember paying for expansion packs back in the day and then, with the advent of digital distribution, along came DLC and I remember being asked to pay for the likes of Halo 2 maps and Oblivion horse armour. Monetisation is pretty much the core concept of DLC.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except the first game is not on the switch. which is probably the WHOLE point of SMM2.....

Well the levels are all downloaded online so yea it needs an online connection. True fans of Nintendo don't pirate their games anyway so no issue there.
and mario maker 3ds had an offline mode so... ya, there not apposed to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...