Super Mario Party won't be playable in handheld mode

If you were hoping to play Super Mario Party on your Nintendo Switch while on the go, or with a Switch Pro Controller, then you might have to put those plans on hold. The game just got its official website, and it specifies that players won't be able to experience the game in handheld mode at all--only TV or tabletop. This is due to the fact that the minigames require motion controls from the Joy-Cons. This also rules out using the Joy-Con grip, as well. Super Mario Party will launch on October 5th.

IMG_1590.jpg

:arrow: Source

Clapmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I only own the 2 joycons that came with the Switch and I mainly only use them in handheld mode because when I get more than 3 feet away from the Switch I start getting blue tooth connection dropout problems and lossed inputs. I thought this Mario Party might actually be fun since the last couple were terrible but now that I know this information about single joycon play only I won't even bother with it. I'm definitely not going to buy another set of joycons just for this game when I've already purchased an additional 2 Switch pro controllers for everything else.

Last edited by Clapmaster,

GenevaPWNz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw I thought at first we might be seeing something come the other way and not work in handheld, however now I see "tabletop" is a thing.

Oh well. No online and now this. Odds changed on it not being the thing to give the series a kick up the arse like some initially reckoned.
I thought the new one had online minigames?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: