Gaming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Discussion Thread

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Scribblenauts looks like a sub par game. I avoided it because it just doesn't look like it would appeal to me, or even be fun.
The Batman games are all the worst of their kind, due to the game being formatted to fit the gamepad screen, rather than the TV, resulting in a worse picture. On top of that, there are frame rate issues that can really get on ones nerves. Same thing with the assassin's creed games. Worse frame rate, worse picture.
Only good thing is having the map on the gamepad, and off TV play.

Rayman legends is a side scroller, on a Nintendo console. Competing with Mario bros. It was never gonna really outsell them imo.

Haven't tried splinter cell or Mass Effect, but I am going to assume the same resolution issues are present, witch really hurt the game imo.

They all have the frame rate+picture issues, that they seem to refuse to fix. When I buy Nintendo games, I get solid frame rates, beautiful picture, and a great all round game. It's the guarantee that comes with the game.

Yep
Scribblenauts Unlimited is a game that only uses the GamePad for its visuals and gameplay, sure you could look at the TV but the gameplay's down on the GamePad so good luck trying to do both. It's a lot like Kirby and the Rainbow Curse which really should've been a 3DS game. *smh*

Having a Rayman game is good for a breath of fresh air than the milked to death Mario franchise with little to no originality any more.

P.S.: You said beautiful picture? Hm.. Mario Kart 8 great but not beautiful once you look into it and see the graphical flaws. Same goes for Wind Waker HD, Smash Bros., Bayonetta 2 and etc.

The best Wii U game to show its graphical capability isn't even a Wii U exclusive.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mass effect 3 actually runs beautifully on the Wii U actually. Reminiscent of Xbox 360 which isnt easy to pull off the U as the clock speed is much slower than the 360. 1.024ghz at tricore VS 3.2ghz tricore.

I think the mass effect 3 port was amazingly done considering <3

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Scribblenauts Unlimited is a game that only uses the GamePad for its visuals and gameplay, sure you could look at the TV but the gameplay's down on the GamePad so good luck trying to do both. It's a lot like Kirby and the Rainbow Curse which really should've been a 3DS game. *smh*

Having a Rayman game is good for a breath of fresh air than the milked to death Mario franchise with little to no originality any more.

P.S.: You said beautiful picture? Hm.. Mario Kart 8 great but not beautiful once you look into it and see the graphical flaws. Same goes for Wind Waker HD, Smash Bros., Bayonetta 2 and etc.

The best Wii U game to show its graphical capability isn't even a Wii U exclusive.

So now I see just what I feared from Scribblenauts. It's all 2D. That is bs imo, and would never appeal to me. Just my opinion.

Having 'a breath of fresh air' isn't a good enough reason to avoid Mario, and buy Rayman. I feel Mario bros is my fill for side scrollers and that's that.

Also, I haven't seen any graphical flaws with any first party wiiU games I've played. All of them were at least 720p on the screen, and with solid frame rates. And if there are any, it's definitely nothing compared to other 3rd party titles who seem to struggle to maintain even above 20fps.
Mass effect 3 actually runs beautifully on the Wii U actually. Reminiscent of Xbox 360 which isnt easy to pull off the U as the clock speed is much slower than the 360. 1.024ghz at tricore VS 3.2ghz tricore.

I will look into this game. Had my eyes on it for awhile, but I have a big backlog, so not gonna buy it for awhile :)

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warner Bros. - Scribblenauts Unlimited
Warner Bros. - Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition
EA - Need for Speed: Most Wanted
EA - Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
UbiSoft - Assassin's Creed IV
UbiSoft - Rayman Legends
UbiSoft - Splinter Cell Blacklist (looks by far the best of any console port but loading times are a pain in the ass thanks to the disc drive)

So yeah, Nintendo fans just downright avoid supporting third parties and then expect them to actually release new games. They must think releasing games is free.

AC III and AC IV run < 20 fps in crowded area, very poorly optimized compared to the Xbox 360/PS3 ports when it comes to speed, this is fact, not opinion, look it up. NFSMW for the Wii U actually had effort. Watch_Dogs for the Wii U also has < 20 fps in many places, compare the videos on YouTube. Ubisoft made rushed ports.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-assassins-creed-3-wii-u-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-assassins-creed-4-next-gen-face-off

Looks pretty shoddily optimized to me.

TeamScriptKiddies Remember the Megahertz Myth, more clock speed != better performance, just a heads up lol :P Au contraire, the Xbox 360 CPU isn't more powerful than the Wii U's CPU as pointed out by people like Marcan on his Twitter, many developers know this :P

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see little point in playing ME3 on my Wii U if I can't start off the series on it. They should have pulled a Bayonetta. It's not that Nintendo fans don't support third party games, it's that those games are carelessly ported, which equals poor sales, which equals no cameos for the character of those IPs in other Nintendo titles.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see little point in playing ME3 on my Wii U if I can't start off the series on it. They should have pulled a Bayonetta. It's not that Nintendo fans don't support third party games, it's that those games are carelessly ported, which equals poor sales, which equals no cameos for the character of those IPs in other Nintendo titles.

Companies rush ports, they get butthurt with poor sales, some games shouldn't have been ported over, and there was no reason not to port ME 1 or 2 over the Wii U, they could have done it. Maybe they would have gotten more sales, you know?

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Companies rush ports, they get butthurt with poor sales, some games shouldn't have been ported over, and there was no reason not to port ME 1 or 2 over the Wii U, they could have done it. Maybe they would have gotten more sales, you know?

ME1 and 2 should have been available at least as digital downloads with the WiiU ME3, with a deep discount code or something, and from the very start.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AC III and AC IV run < 20 fps in crowded area, very poorly optimized compared to the Xbox 360/PS3 ports when it comes to speed, this is fact, not opinion, look it up. NFSMW for the Wii U actually had effort. Watch_Dogs for the Wii U also has < 20 fps in many places, compare the videos on YouTube. Ubisoft made rushed ports.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-assassins-creed-3-wii-u-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-assassins-creed-4-next-gen-face-off

Looks pretty shoddily optimized to me.

TeamScriptKiddies Remember the Megahertz Myth, more clock speed != better performance, just a heads up lol :P Au contraire, the Xbox 360 CPU isn't more powerful than the Wii U's CPU as pointed out by people like Marcan on his Twitter, many developers know this :P
Yes there are other factors to consider in regards to tg cpu such as cache size etc.

Outside of cpu yes Ram, gpu etc have a huge impact on performance. I personally was only referring to tge cpu, im also unaware of the cache sizes of the 360 and Wii U tbh.

Both the 360 and U use tricore ppc architecture.

1.024ghz to 3.2ghz is still a huge gap nevertheless.

Lets just say that regardless of the hardware argument, let ME3 be an example of a port 3rd party devs should strive for...

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warner Bros. - Scribblenauts Unlimited
niche game
Warner Bros. - Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition
came out a year late
EA - Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Came out 5 months late
EA - Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
Came out 8 months late, the first two games of the trilogy never appeared on a Nintendo console giving it no continuity, and came out after a trilogy collection was released for the 360/PS3.
First game of the series on a Nintendo console. Lazy programming lead to worse performance on Wii U than last-gen consoles. Also they didn't bring the DLC to the Wii U version.
UbiSoft - Rayman Legends
The game that was supposed to be exclusive but then the decided that not only should it be multiplat, but that they should delay the Wii U version so that it didn't come out before the other versions even after all the Wii U versions of games they made come out later than other versions? Also, the sales on the Wii U were consistent with the sales on other platforms.
UbiSoft - Splinter Cell Blacklist (looks by far the best of any console port but loading times are a pain in the ass thanks to the disc drive)
I was a huge Splinter Cell fan back in the day, but they've since ruined the gameplay and then proceeded to ruin Sam Fisher. The franchise is dead to me.

Reactions: 2Hack

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Agreed, third party support is awful. Bayonetta is probably the only worthwhile third party game even though I don't really like it. It's basically a DMC clone IMO.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First game of the series on a Nintendo console. Lazy programming lead to worse performance on Wii U than last-gen consoles. Also they didn't bring the DLC to the Wii U version.

I thought Assassin's Creed III was the first one in the series on the Big N's consoles? Or did they release Black Flag onto the Wii U and launch an AC3 port at the same time? I don't remember to be honest...

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Assassin's Creed III was the first one in the series on the Big N's consoles? Or did they release Black Flag onto the Wii U and launch an AC3 port at the same time? I don't remember to be honest...
I'll defer to your knowledge. I don't follow Assassin's creed. Now that you mention it, it does sound right that AC3 came out on the Wii U.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll defer to your knowledge. I don't follow Assassin's creed. Now that you mention it, it does sound right that AC3 came out on the Wii U.

I know AC3 is on the Wii U for certain. I see new copies no one bought at Best Buy quite a lot (friend of mine works there). I just don't remember the timing. That being said, I really don't follow Assassin's Creed. I have only a passing interest in it that was peaked slightly with Black Flag, which I did buy and found to be decently fun. But I doubt we'll see Edward Kenway or Desmond Miles in Smash XD

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have it and black flag. Both shitty ports. 4 was a little lazier from what I hear. Haven't played enough to judge it

To me, AC4 looked a bit better than. I feel this episode smoother than AC3.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have yet to try either on the Wii U, been thinking about grabbing a 20$ copy of it.

You know what's not 20$? Smash Bros. I'm on topic.

But this was a well spent 60$ :lol: Still enjoying it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one