Gaming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Discussion Thread

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
How do you control who has control over the over the options in online with friends? I'm gettin sick of my little nephew turnin CPUs on and having no control!
V

oh there should be an option to turn whoever wins gets to pick the options off in the match options.

I find its whoever loses the match picks the setup for the next match. I didnt realise there was an option to turn it off (Thanks Bladexdsl) but yeah, thats the reason why

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I even went so far as to make my taunts say "TURN THE MIC ON" and "NO COMPUTERS!!" And make nicknames that say "NO CPU" and "TURNMICON" and flash them rapidly. But the little shit won't do what he's told.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Today i pulled off one of the most satisfying rest kills for Jigglypuff so far. I doubt ill top it because it was in the final 5 seconds in a for glory 2v2 match. Basically the mario player did a grab->swing and i rolled over and did rest during the swing. Blink and you'll miss it:

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously? I was just poking fun at the fact that it's a modern console being played on an old 4:3 TV, which is a travesty in my book. No need to reach for the Preparation H...:glare:

Its not a 4:3 tv, its actually a 26 inch toshiba flatscreen, the video quality is how it looks because of the method used to capture the footage. It isnt the tv, you'd be suprised if i actually took a picture of my tv. It looks way different to how it looks on the video. Also dw, i didnt actually report you. but please be nice on this forum, lots of people get easily butthurt and i just wanted to share my kill with everyone without being insulted. Im sorry i threatened reporting, i got a lil butthurt but i got over it quick.

Keep calm and smash bros! xD

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've decided to return to Smash Wii U and I've been enjoying Smash Tour which is sorta like its own Mario Party unfortunately playing it with the GamePad or Wii U Pro Controller is pretty atrocious as it doesn't feel anywhere near as natural or as good as is with a GameCube controller.

Really wish the Wii U had a GameCube controller port like the Wii did than take out the adapter again of the box.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What good is that thing in the box? Don't tell me you laminate all your furniture in clear vinyl as well. :). My grandmother left the cellophane on all her lampshades so they wouldn't get dusty.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What good is that thing in the box? Don't tell me you laminate all your furniture in clear vinyl as well. :). My grandmother left the cellophane on all her lampshades so they wouldn't get dusty.
It's doing literally nothing inside the box but you know what annoys me? The Wii U with the GameCube adapter cable + GameCube cable and the GamePad's cable (when needed to recharge) makes it look like the fucking thing is on life support, which to be honest, it really is.

God dammit Nintendo don't fuck up your next home console as bad as the Wii U, in fact, just make a good console for once!

Reactions: 2Hack and thorasgar

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
It's doing literally nothing inside the box but you know what annoys me? The Wii U with the GameCube adapter cable + GameCube cable and the GamePad's cable (when needed to recharge) makes it look like the fucking thing is on life support, which to be honest, it really is.

God dammit Nintendo don't fuck up your next home console as bad as the Wii U, in fact, just make a good console for once!

I think the Wii U is picking up and look at the sales figures, it is doing pretty well now. The vWii and homebrew side really gives it an edge as an extremely customisable console with many more options - with emulators and such. Nintendont alone makes it more appetising to me than the other current consoles (excluding PC, of course). It's just such a broad, accessible device now, I wish more people realised it.

I agree that all the adapters and cables make it look pretty sad though. I've started making a dedicated chassis to integrate the console and Gamecube adapter with cable management in my entertainment unit for the gamepad charger; hopefully it'll look better.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I think the Wii U is picking up and look at the sales figures, it is doing pretty well now. The vWii and homebrew side really gives it an edge as an extremely customisable console with many more options - with emulators and such. Nintendont alone makes it more appetising to me than the other current consoles (excluding PC, of course). It's just such a broad, accessible device now, I wish more people realised it.

I agree that all the adapters and cables make it look pretty sad though. I've started making a dedicated chassis to integrate the console and Gamecube adapter with cable management in my entertainment unit for the gamepad charger; hopefully it'll look better.

The Wii U has sold 9 million units so far and that's not a whole lot, plus given the fact that Wii U owners don't support third party devs shrinks the possibility of new and good games then there's that this year Wii U only has about 3-4 games worth picking up. It's good that the Wii Mode is hackable but customers buy the console to play Wii U games and in that regard it has failed.

Ah yes, people think the GamePad plays game cards as would a 3DS and that the Wii U's an add-on for the Wii. Nintendo really screwed up.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U has sold 9 million units so far and that's not a whole lot, plus given the fact that Wii U owners don't support third party devs shrinks the possibility of new and good games then there's that this year Wii U only has about 3-4 games worth picking up. It's good that the Wii Mode is hackable but customers buy the console to play Wii U games and in that regard it has failed.

Ah yes, people think the GamePad plays game cards as would a 3DS and that the Wii U's an add-on for the Wii. Nintendo really screwed up.
Ya i totally agree with you that nintendo botched the Wii U's marketing big time. The vast majority of non-U owners think the Wii U is just an add on for the Wii. Add a tablet controller and voila! *Facepalm*.

SegaCD anyone? Lol they need to do a much better job marketing.

Most people are dumbfounded when i tell them, the U is a brand new console

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Why would I support 3rd party devs, if they just release the same poor ports with worse frame rates and less dlc support. If companies like EA and Ubi want sales from wiiU, they should make games that at least have a comparable level of quality to the first party games.

Games like FIFA, which are system sellers, are produced much worse than on the Xbox/PS. I mean, FIFA 13 is a rebranded FIFA 12, without some key features like FUT, and real time squad updates.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Why would I support 3rd party devs, if they just release the same poor ports with worse frame rates and less dlc support. If companies like EA and Ubi want sales from wiiU, they should make games that at least have a comparable level of quality to the first party games.

Warner Bros. - Scribblenauts Unlimited
Warner Bros. - Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition
EA - Need for Speed: Most Wanted
EA - Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
UbiSoft - Assassin's Creed IV
UbiSoft - Rayman Legends
UbiSoft - Splinter Cell Blacklist (looks by far the best of any console port but loading times are a pain in the ass thanks to the disc drive)

So yeah, Nintendo fans just downright avoid supporting third parties and then expect them to actually release new games. They must think releasing games is free.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
UbiSoft - Rayman Legends
UbiSoft - Splinter Cell Blacklist (looks by far the best of any console port but loading times are a pain in the ass thanks to the disc drive)

So yeah, Nintendo fans just downright avoid supporting third parties and then expect them to actually release new games. They must think releasing games is free.

Do those titles have worse frame rates and less dlc support?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
UbiSoft - Rayman Legends

Scribblenauts looks like a sub par game. I avoided it because it just doesn't look like it would appeal to me, or even be fun.
The Batman games are all the worst of their kind, due to the game being formatted to fit the gamepad screen, rather than the TV, resulting in a worse picture. On top of that, there are frame rate issues that can really get on ones nerves. Same thing with the assassin's creed games. Worse frame rate, worse picture.
Only good thing is having the map on the gamepad, and off TV play.

Rayman legends is a side scroller, on a Nintendo console. Competing with Mario bros. It was never gonna really outsell them imo.

Haven't tried splinter cell or Mass Effect, but I am going to assume the same resolution issues are present, witch really hurt the game imo.

They all have the frame rate+picture issues, that they seem to refuse to fix. When I buy Nintendo games, I get solid frame rates, beautiful picture, and a great all round game. It's the guarantee that comes with the game.
Do those titles have worse frame rates and less dlc support?

Yep

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter