Hardware Switch charges very quickly and discharges quickly.

Small Kat

PC addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch charges very quickly and discharges quickly, usually last like an hour and a half playing games. Lasts a while on 1% too.
Idk if this is a battery desync, since I've already booted into Hekate multiple times to fix the problem; I also left my switch charging for multiple days.
This started a week ago, and my switch has been discharged completely in rcm, so I had to "trinkle" charge it to boot it before this was happening.

D

Deleted User

try to do a full 0-100 charge
let your switch run as soon as it reaches 0 in HOS
then boot into Hekate and let it drop to 0 or 1 %
then charge to 100 (hekate)

Small Kat

PC addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try to do a full 0-100 charge
let your switch run as soon as it reaches 0 in HOS
then boot into Hekate and let it drop to 0 or 1 %
then charge to 100 (hekate)

So you mean, in the cfw let it go out of charge, go to hekate, and let it go to 0% again? and charge it to 100%?

D

Deleted User

So you mean, in the cfw let it go out of charge, go to hekate, and let it go to 0% again? and charge it to 100%?
yes, HOS turns off at around 5% real battery capacitiy.
once it goes off boot into hekate, let it drop to 1% and then recharge it to 100

Reactions: Small Kat

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Sounds like a bad battery.
When Li-ion batteries go bad, you can get this kind of behavior.
I have another device which had the same behavior and replacing the battery solved the issue.

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would say, replace your Battery!

Or if you like to be sure, play without Hack and see the difference. If you get the same result ist's time to change your Battery
BTW, how old is your switch? 5 years ?

Small Kat

PC addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say, replace your Battery!

Or if you like to be sure, play without Hack and see the difference. If you get the same result ist's time to change your Battery
BTW, how old is your switch? 5 years ?
I got it when the rcm patched switches was rolling out, I think around 2018.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update: It has been several minutes that hekate been running on my switch while the battery indicates "0.0%". So probs a calibration problem, gonna wait it out so it turns off by itself.

Small Kat

PC addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I've ran hekate for about 5/6 hours on "0.0%" battery. It shut off by itself, and charged up 57% on 15 minutes, so the problem is still there. I don't think its a bad battery, or else it would've shut off at 0%, the battery still last a long time like normal; it's the battery indicators that just go like 3x the speed or charging and draining.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mv kept fluctuating 3650-ish and 3840-ish during the whole period. There was a second that it displayed 0.0 mv. Wasn't rly paying attention at my switch at the last hour tho.

I have a switch doing the same thing. Tried 2 batteries and same. BQ24193 ic is most likely the issue. Won't know until replaced.

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a switch that behaves like this..never checked the mV or tried to completely discharge/charge, but it gets hot when charging and goes 100%-0 in about 1.25 hours... i'll try the suggestions here but does anyone have a recommendation on where to get a good new battery?

D

Deleted User

The mv kept fluctuating 3650-ish and 3840-ish during the whole period. There was a second that it displayed 0.0 mv. Wasn't rly paying attention at my switch at the last hour tho.
0% should be 3200mv. Does the console still turn on after shutting down in hekate?

D

Deleted User

Yeah, and it keeps charging quick.
if the consone still turns on after shutting down, can you try to get it to 3200?
Otherwise I'd say you would need an battery replacement. Or try to remove the battery from the connector of the mainboard and leave it like that for some hours and see if it fixed the issue.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The battery on my Switch also behaved badly, pretty much as OP described. At some point, I didn't have any time to play (a couple of months at least) so I turned off the Switch, and stored it. When I finally decided to play again, the Switch battery was completely dead. I plugged it in the charger, the battery icon appeared on the top left, but the screen didn't turn off. It stayed like that for about 10 minutes, then the screen finally turned off. I left it to fully charge for 3 hours. When I picked it up again, the battery displayed 100%. I started to play, and the battery percentages displayed properly. I believe it fixed the problem of wrong % displayed. One thing I noticed, is that the Switch lost the date and time, so I had to re-enter that. Your milage may vary, but I would try to get the battery very low, then turn off the Switch and let it sit for a week. That might reset it properly.

Edit: I should also mention that I never used autoRCM, so the battery didn't die because of that.

Last edited by Dust2dust,
Reactions: Deleted User

Small Kat

PC addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the consone still turns on after shutting down, can you try to get it to 3200?
Otherwise I'd say you would need an battery replacement. Or try to remove the battery from the connector of the mainboard and leave it like that for some hours and see if it fixed the issue.
Oh, sorry, what I meant was, it still turns on after charging for a bit, didn't check if hekate would turn on after it shut down. I will try that today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo