Homebrew RELEASE Switch Cheats Updater - Update your cheat files from your Switch

minimorphee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
hello and thank you for this great application!
I was wondering, is it possible to have at the end of the download of the codes, a list which shows for which sets of the codes were downloaded?
In my case I wanted to know if there were codes for a spécific game. So I did the download, the software said 53 downloaded cheats. but impossible to know if there was one for this game .. forced to launch it and go to edizone.

Thanks again for this great homebrew!

Mini

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello and thank you for this great application!
I was wondering, is it possible to have at the end of the download of the codes, a list which shows for which sets of the codes were downloaded?
In my case I wanted to know if there were codes for a spécific game. So I did the download, the software said 53 downloaded cheats. but impossible to know if there was one for this game .. forced to launch it and go to edizone.

Thanks again for this great homebrew!

Mini
It wouldn't be very useful with the current layout of my app since it can only display so much lines at once. I recommend you use https://tinfoil.io/Title/ to search a title and then check if a folder with the corresponding title exists

Something's wrong, the app only detects three installed titles but I have like five of them. And it doesn't seem to be working on those titles it doesn't detect, since EdiZon overlay in Animal Crossing tells me it didn't find any cheats (provided cheats for version 1.1.4a are included in the latest cheats file)

Well it'd make sense that it wouldn't work on titles it didn't detect. Where are those located? SD card? NAND? Gamecart?

But for animal crossing I'm having the same issue it seems. I'm almost positive it comes from the cheats themselves. I downlaoded a clean titles.rar from matias3ds' thread and it didn't change a thing. So my app is working as intended

@Homlet : firstly I deeply want to say thank you for that tool. Edizon has update function but not so quick, that's why your tool is so necessary for ppl like me. However, may I suggest a small update?
There is a folder name is 0100152000022000, which caused some troubles in Mario Kart 8 (turns characters invisible or freak size...). Everytime updating, this folder reappears despite you delete it before. So could you please do sth to this situation?
That's the mario kart folder so it would make sense to create it when updating cheats. Maybe you messed with cheats/mods and saved or messed something up? I'm not sure, but my app putting cheat .txt files in that folder shouldn't do anything bad. It's expected behavior. Check Edizon to see if some cheats are loaded

Last edited by Homlet,

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it'd make sense that it wouldn't work on titles it didn't detect. Where are those located? SD card? NAND? Gamecart?

But for animal crossing I'm having the same issue it seems. I'm almost positive it comes from the cheats themselves. I downlaoded a clean titles.rar from matias3ds' thread and it didn't change a thing. So my app is working as intended
I was pondering the idea of it detecting correctly every installed title and just printing the wrong value.
I can't tell which games are being detected and I can't manually check which games have cheats because I was already using the cheats file manually before you released your app. Should I delete everything from the contents folder and try again?
Anyways, two titles are installed on the microSD and the others on the NAND.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was pondering the idea of it detecting correctly every installed title and just printing the wrong value.
I can't tell which games are being detected and I can't manually check which games have cheats because I was already using the cheats file manually before you released your app. Should I delete everything from the contents folder and try again?
Anyways, two titles are installed on the microSD and the others on the NAND.
No, it prints the size of the list of detected titles, and that's reliable. Are you sure you're using v1.1.1? In previous versions, it didn't look for titles in NAND. You may use https://tinfoil.io/Title/ to lookup the title IDs of your installed titles, delete those folders, launch the homebrew and see if correctly installed the cheats.

I just installed a game to the NAND and it worked fine for it, and well as for my other games on the sd card

Reactions: SkullHex2

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it prints the size of the list of detected titles, and that's reliable. Are you sure you're using v1.1.1? In previous versions, it didn't look for titles in NAND. You may use https://tinfoil.io/Title/ to lookup the title IDs of your installed titles, delete those folders, launch the homebrew and see if correctly installed the cheats.

I just installed a game to the NAND and it worked fine for it, and well as for my other games on the sd card
Sorry, I was using version 1.0
Now it works without a hitch!

Does the cheats deletion option remove only cheat folders from atmosphere/contents? I'd like to use it, but there are also some mods there and I'd rather not installing them again.
Also, what time is your mirror updated?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I was using version 1.0
Now it works without a hitch!

Does the cheats deletion option remove only cheat folders from atmosphere/contents? I'd like to use it, but there are also some mods there and I'd rather not installing them again.
Also, what time is your mirror updated?
Yeah, it deletes the contents of cheats folder for each of your title folders in atmosphere/contents but doesn't touch the rest. My mirror updates at 21:30 baguette time

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I already have an selfmade cheat file, does it get merged or overwritten?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Overwritten

supaastahhmarioo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice app/homebrew. Was a very demanding request from many gamers on here for a long time. I’ve tried it, it downloads the cheat file but I think when it comes to extracting the file I only get a black screen. I’ve waited in case it took a while but nothing. Doesn’t crash my system though. After checking my sd, I can find the .zip in the folder. I’m using sxos by the way and using v1.1.2.

apart from that it’s bloody great. A nice GUI redesign would make it look more appealing but keep up the great work

Last edited by supaastahhmarioo,

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Very nice app/homebrew. Was a very demanding request from many gamers on here for a long time. I’ve tried it, it downloads the cheat file but I think when it comes to extracting the file I only get a black screen. I’ve waited in case it took a while but nothing. Doesn’t crash my system though. After checking my sd, I can find the .zip in the folder. I’m using sxos by the way and using v1.1.2.

apart from that it’s bloody great. A nice UI redesign would make it look more appealing but keep up the great work
Download 1.1.3
It came out a few minutes ago and fixes that very problem, turns out I got the wrong path by mistake :^)
I'm glad you like it, and a GUI would be nice but I hate making those haha

supaastahhmarioo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Download 1.1.3
It came out a few minutes ago and fixes that very problem, turns out I got the wrong path by mistake :^)
I'm glad you like it, and a GUI would be nice but I hate making those haha

this guy haha I’ll give it a try next time I pick up my switch. Really and truly though, it’s amazing. Should be proud of yourself man.
Why not let someone trusty or close to you design the GUI ? I don’t know much about all that stuff but just a suggestion. For now it’s doing the main thing and that’s all that matters. The GUI is not necessarily important

Last edited by supaastahhmarioo,
Reactions: sorabora and Homlet

dsdavis6

Trophies
XP
Country
I spent a few hours looking for something like this a couple months back and couldn't believe it didn't exist whilst simultaneously sitting there not coding one myself or even being able to. Thanks, cant wait to try this!

Reactions: Homlet

azn_187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
Hi is it possible to add a Blacklist Feature?

Example:

A List where People can write down the Title IDs & Build IDs of Cheats.
When the Title IDs & Build IDs are in the List, they will be Ignored.

I have some Cheats with some custom formattings or in different Languages,
that i won't have to be replaced.

Would be nice!! Thanks in advance!!

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
So I downloaded this and put it in the Switch folder. Booted up my switch and at first I couldn't find the app in the "Photo Album" where all my other Homebrew apps were (it was in nx-hbmenu app). I launched it and updated the cheats when prompted-all good.

Booted up Pokemon sword, started played, pressed the home button and went to Cheat menu in SXOS (inside photo album). I was prompted to update cheats, did so and there is nothing there. I have no idea what Im doing wrong. Do I need to have no cheat files already on my switch SD (I had some out of date Pokemon sword ones)?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I downloaded this and put it in the Switch folder. Booted up my switch and at first I couldn't find the app in the "Photo Album" where all my other Homebrew apps were (it was in nx-hbmenu app). I launched it and updated the cheats when prompted-all good.

Booted up Pokemon sword, started played, pressed the home button and went to Cheat menu in SXOS (inside photo album). I was prompted to update cheats, did so and there is nothing there. I have no idea what Im doing wrong. Do I need to have no cheat files already on my switch SD (I had some out of date Pokemon sword ones)?
1. You probably put it in the wrong folder. I suggest you put the "switch-cheats-updater" folder that contains the .nro in the switch folder
2. I'm not sure how SXOS works, but you should:
  • launch the homebrew app to download/update your cheats. Those cheats will then be in "sxos/titles/<titleid>/cheats"
  • launch the game
  • launch the cheat menu in SXOS
You might need to restart your console after getting the cheats from the homebrew

@Homlet
The Delete function is very nice but the Tool delete only the .txt files.
Can you please add the Tool delete the folder too?
It's done, check out 1.1.5. It also deletes empty titleid folders

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Example:

Should be doable

Reactions: PhyniX

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Example:

@azn_187 Added in 1.1.6 :)

ckelley32873

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am having issues getting cheats to work after the 10.0 update . I was told Edizon didn’t work properly any more ? Any idea on what may be going on . I load up for my breath of the wild but it won’t read the cheat file ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo