selecting atmosphere same yellow screen
Post automatically merged:

interesting i just noticed when i booted into stock it has a system update

stock works fine

interesting i just noticed when i booted into stock it has a system update
so it updated on the cfw side but not stock?

should i do the update?

Last edited by trippy86,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stock works fine

OK…let’s take a step back.

In Hekate tap the emuMMC tile and take a screenshot. It should show your emunand status in the upper left like this:

1677213768834.jpeg

Next navigate to home -> Console Info tap MicroSD button and post that screenshot as well. It will look something like this:

1677213712353.jpeg

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go
Very much appreciated.

When the SDCard info pops up it typically displays your file system type.
Do you know if you formatted your card as exfat or fat32?

Let’s try one more thing:

Go into Hekate -> Tools -> Arch bit and then tap Fix Archive Bit
It takes a bit. Let it run its course and send a screenshot when it’s complete.

If it notes any corrections were made, try rebooting to Atmosphere and see if that helped.

If not, let’s check the sdcar on your PC using H2testw: https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

this will take a long time…just let it run and we’ll sync back up afterwards…

whats the best guide for cfw atmosphere?

i got the jig today and 256gb micro sd.

thanks
Best is subjective.

This one gets the job done:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

trippy86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here you go

The sd card has been working fine for 6 months....never had an issue until this update

Still yellow screen

Attachments

• 20230224_050620.jpg
    20230224_050620.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 59

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go

The sd card has been working fine for 6 months....never had an issue until this update

Still yellow screen

Appreciated

Let’s kick off h2testw on the SDCard.

I don’t think it’s the issue either, I’m just eliminating it as a candidate.

How did you update the firmware BTW?

trippy86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll have to tomorrow 5am here now

I was in the menu after exiting tinfoil, was about to play a game and the update window popped up and clicked update

But the stock still says update

I might just open the guide I used before and start atmosphere completely from scratch, but can I keep my downloads?

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to tomorrow 5am here now

I was in the menu after exiting tinfoil, was about to play a game and the update window popped up and clicked update

But the stock still says update

I might just open the guide I used before and start atmosphere completely from scratch, but can I keep my downloads?

Getting late here as well.

Oh wow. Your Tinfoil enabled system was able to talk to Ninty…that’s not good from a banning perspective. Different topic though.

As long as you have backups and a good Sysnand there’s nothing we can’t recover from.

I don’t think we‘re there yet, but if you do decide go from scratch…
Your downloads will be in the emummc folder and will be paired with the emunand. it will probably be best to keep a backup of your game saves but format the rest and reinstall the games from scratch and then restore your game saves.

trippy86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The guide I followed I'm sure set it up so it couldn't be banned this way.

If you think u can solve this im still with you. Message tomorrow

i have a full nand backup on pc and my sd card

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide I followed I'm sure set it up so it couldn't be banned this way.

If you think u can solve this im still with you. Message tomorrow

i have a full nand backup on pc and my sd card
All good stuff. I’ll be around. I’m very intrigued by this yellow screen stuff. I’ve heard of it but not run across it before. As long as you’re willing to keep troubleshooting I’m game to get to the bottom of it. Appreciate your patience. Tty soon.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My switch updated and my custom smash ultimate skins and my training mod pack aren't working anymore. How do I fix this and is it safe to even reenable my mods right now?

dygeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would like a less abrupt stop than the shutdown. or I hear a (poc) noise. I would just like to turn it off in normal mode and not a sudden shutdown.
there is nothing to turn off switch properly?

the issue with exfat is that it is a non-journaled file system with a single allocation table. Aside from the odd game install, Ninty doesn’t do a lot of writing back and forth to the SDCard. important things like game saves are written to internal emmc. With this in mind they could use just about any driver and if there is a problem, just tell the customer to format and redownload whatever game they owned from the eshop and their game save would be safe in emmc. We come along and copy the emmc to an emunand and drop Homebrew on it that’s writing back and forth to disk all the time. Add app crashes and logging and you have a perfect storm for disk corruption. The particular driver stack Ninty uses serves their purpose. Unfortunately it is not well suited for what we’re doing but imagine how bad Ninty feels for us and how eager they are to fix this for us.

Now move forward to the use case for a USB disk that you’re simply reading from. The driver doesn’t matter nearly as much when the disk is read only. The SXOS use case was perfect…mount the images, read only off the drive into memory, and stop touching the disk.

Bottom Line: Since external disk are used for mostly reads, exfat is fine for an external drive unless you’re looking to use homebrew to also do a lot of writes to it.

I’ve not happened across those threads yet and have plugged in many drives with wild abandon and those that would not spin up due to power requirements I simply stopped and added a power cable.

Anyone else know more about this issue?

Perhaps you are referring to this one?

https://github.com/Storm21CH/SwitchPoff-ShutdownSwitch

If so, it does the exact same system call (see graphic below.)

The upside to this one is it just does power off (no reboot) and doesn’t require you to press an extra button!

I recommend you use this one instead for your use case. Great find!

View attachment 354839
you can't replace the bpcshutdownsystem value with something less violent. I tried this application but the console cuts directly I don't think it's very good. Is there another less powerful command? which will let the system shutdown normal use and not an instant shutdown.

Last edited by dygeo,

Smokie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Upgrade your SDCard by downloading and unzipping new zip files from atmosphere and Hekate github here:

Let’s do a clean slate and move/rename /atmosphere to /atmospher.bk and then unzip a fresh copy of atmosphere at the top level of your sdcard.
Binkinator you've saved my life, you truly are a legend from close to bricking my switch on ver 16, you've made me downgrade and autobooted into Hekate. I'm new to this forum and the switch if there's anything you need you only need ask:D

Correction now bricked after hard power down
:cry:

Last edited by Smokie,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ...!

How can I delete some Apps in hbmenu? I want to get rid of the AIO-Updater.
homebrew is located in sd:/switch. Simply navigate to that directory and delete the folder or file you want to remove.

Binkinator you've saved my life, you truly are a legend from close to bricking my switch on ver 16, you've made me downgrade and autobooted into Hekate. I'm new to this forum and the switch if there's anything you need you only need ask:D

Correction now bricked after hard power down
:cry:
Well that’s not good. Have you tried holding the power button for 13 seconds and then tap power to try and turn back on? Do you have AutoRCM enabled?

there is nothing to turn off switch properly?

you can't replace the bpcshutdownsystem value with something less violent. I tried this application but the console cuts directly I don't think it's very good. Is there another less powerful command? which will let the system shutdown normal use and not an instant shutdown.
I’m not aware of any less violent code. I believe this is the correct command to run though. I’ve been using it for several years w/o any ill effects.

My switch updated and my custom smash ultimate skins and my training mod pack aren't working anymore. How do I fix this and is it safe to even reenable my mods right now?
There were some pretty big changes to HOS this release that broke a few things. If you can boot into CFW, you should consider running Daybreak.nro (comes w/ AMS) and downgrading. I hear Darthsternie has older releases of firmware you can search for and download for use with Daybreak.

Last edited by binkinator,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Not sure this is the right place to ask but are there docks sold (but not by nintendo) that guarantee
  • the possibility to connect to a TV
  • protection of the screen while docked
  • stability (as stable as the nintendo dock is sufficient)
I know the dock from nintendo can be bought and allows connection to TV + protection of the switch screen (kind of) but it is very expensive. It might seem strange but I really do not want to find another solution such as installing a protection on the screen, etc... Just checking if there are almost-perfectly-identical objects.

Thanks

Stick with first party dock, unless you want to brick, when the switch asks for specific voltage and the dock supply the wrong voltage that why the switch brick.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When booting into hekate, I get the message "Failed to init or mount SD! Press any key..."

When I press any key, I get to hekate 6.0.2, but without nyx gui interface. On the bottom it says: Nyx is Missing!
But I unzipped all the stuff of the hekate-nyx.zip (from hekate github) to the root of my sd card.

I am on

Switch OLED
OFW 16.0,
CFW 15.0.1,
Atmosphere 1.5.0 (pre-release),
hekate 6.0.2

I can boot to the firmwares by navigating with + and - and Power Button.

However, when my switch goes into standby, it doesnt awake anymore ... I always have to hard reset.
Something is still missing it would appear. Recommend moving /bootloader to /bootloader.bk and downloading a fresh copy of Hekate to unzip. Then copy /bootloader.bk/hekate_ipl.ini to the new /bootloader directory and reboot.

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is exactly, what I did. I moved bootloader and atmosphere folder to my harddrive and inserted the unzipped hekate and atmosphere folder to my sd. After that, I copied my bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini and bootloader/res to SD.

This is, how my bootloader looks like.

Code:
bootloader
├── hekate_ipl.ini
├── ini
├── patches.ini
├── payloads
│   ├── Lockpick_RCM.bin
│   └── TegraExplorer.bin
├── res
│ ├── eckig
│ │ ├── icon_atmosphere.bmp
│ │ ├── icon_atmosphere_hekate.bmp
│ │ ├── icon_stock.bmp
│ │ ├── icon_switch_logo.bmp
│ │ └── icon_sysmmc_cfw.bmp
│ ├── icon_payload.bmp
│ ├── icon_switch.bmp
│ └── rund
│ ├── icon_atmosphere.bmp
│ └── icon_switch.bmp
├── sys
│   ├── emummc.kipm
│ ├── l4t
│   │   ├── bpmpfw_b01.bin
│   │   ├── mtc_tbl_b01.bin
│   │   ├── sc7entry.bin
│   │   ├── sc7exit_b01.bin
│   │   └── sc7exit.bin
│   ├── libsys_lp0.bso
│   ├── libsys_minerva.bso
│   ├── nyx.bin
│   ├── res.pak
│   └── thk.bin
└── update.bin

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys i have a huge problem. Last week, when i tried to boot into sys cfw via hekate, i got an error(Picture 1). Because i wanted to play online, i booted into ofw. Today, i wanted to try again with booting into rcm then hekate and then emummc and sysmmc. My mom deleted tegrarcm gui and the hekate_ctcaer.bin file for my hekate version. I reinstalled tegrarcmgui and downloaded the latest release of hekate because i forgot which version i had used before. When i sent paypload, an error appeared saying that i have to update my bootloader folder and there will be "dragons". I just pressed a key and it disaapeared. After that i tried booting into emummc and everything worked. Thdn i went back to hekate and booted into sysmmc. A yellow screen appeared (picture two) and i cannot do anything now. Please help me!

Attachments

• 848EEE7C-826E-492C-8E51-A371FC9EDEB6.jpeg
    848EEE7C-826E-492C-8E51-A371FC9EDEB6.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F