Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lazlo_Woodbine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
......... I'll be back when I'm struggling again, won't be long at this rate...

Sooo. I backed up my NAND, extracted keys etc. Now I've got as far as putting Tinfoil on my SD card but the installer won't launch ("Could not start the software"). The Album is in Applet Mode, I gather that holding R and/or ZR whilst clicking a game is supposed to switch out of Applet Mode or at least allow programmes to run properly. However this doesn't work for me, either the game starts (the one with a cart in the machine) or it just says "Insert the game card".

Now I understand that another issue could be Sigpatches. But all the CFW files I've used have been created in the last week or so, since 16.0.0, which is what my Switch is on so I'm assuming I don't need to do that. Is that correct?

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I forgot a step when I was updating my CFW to Atmosphere 1.5.0. I updated Hekate and sigpatches. I was able to boot up and checked that system was at 1.5.0. I went to the albums to update firmware, and it asked to reboot as normal so I did. But I ended up with "A fatal error has occurred when running Fusee. Unable to identify package1!" Press power to reboot. It stays in that mode. I don't know if I need to update Fusee or if there is a way to bypass this.
I figured this out. For some reason, when I updated Atmosphere instead of it overwriting the old file, it added another atmosphere folder in atmosphere, this also happened with the Hekate bootloader file. I fixed that and now I'm back in. I just got the 90DNS block to work, however it isn't blocking everything like it did in ATM 1.4.0, It isn't blocking Nintendo.com, nintendo.co.jp,nintendo-europe.com, nintendo.es, nintendods.cz, and nintendo.co.za servers. They all say "unresolved". I am not a programmer so I am not sure how to input DNS-MITM, if this would work better.

Last edited by strangeone1969,
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured this out. For some reason, when I updated Atmosphere instead of it overwriting the old file, it added another atmosphere folder in atmosphere, this also happened with the Hekate bootloader file. I fixed that and now I'm back in. I just got the 90DNS block to work, however it isn't blocking everything like it did in ATM 1.4.0, It isn't blocking Nintendo.com, nintendo.co.jp,nintendo-europe.com, nintendo.es, nintendods.cz, and nintendo.co.za servers. They all say "unresolved". I am not a programmer so I am not sure how to input DNS-MITM, if this would work better.
Sounds like your DNS itself isn’t working. might be 90DNS servers? For first test you can swap their order and see if making the secondary your primary (and vice versa) if things won’t just work then.

Another thing you might consider is the tools now built in to Atmosphere that automatically and locally (internal) do a very similar function:

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM
Post automatically merged:

Sooo. I backed up my NAND, extracted keys etc. Now I've got as far as putting Tinfoil on my SD card but the installer won't launch ("Could not start the software"). The Album is in Applet Mode, I gather that holding R and/or ZR whilst clicking a game is supposed to switch out of Applet Mode or at least allow programmes to run properly. However this doesn't work for me, either the game starts (the one with a cart in the machine) or it just says "Insert the game card".

Now I understand that another issue could be Sigpatches. But all the CFW files I've used have been created in the last week or so, since 16.0.0, which is what my Switch is on so I'm assuming I don't need to do that. Is that correct?
You do in fact need new Sigpatches.

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

Holding down R (vs ZR) is the correct combo for title override

If you are getting a warning about select game cart then it[s likely that game is not installed properly.

You can get that first game installed by using one of the less complex installers:

Installers​

• DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.
I typically install something small like Othello.nsp to get things started so I can then use title override. If you have something else on hand, that works too.

Title Override What is title override and how to override its key combo

I get error 2002-1002 when trying to launch any game on emummc. They Work fine on ofw and sys cfw. And when i launch software like YouTube IT says Could not start software please try again.

Edit: i checked for corrupted data and all My games Have corrupted data, but i cant download it, because i am in emummc and not connected to Nintendo servers.
Sound like your emmc is corrupt. Check this by going into Hekate and tapping the emMMC tile at the far right middle of the screen. Please post a screenshot of what you see on that page.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Lazlo_Woodbine

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your DNS itself isn’t working. might be 90DNS servers? For first test you can swap their order and see if making the secondary your primary (and vice versa) if things won’t just work then.

Another thing you might consider is the tools now built in to Atmosphere that automatically and locally (internal) do a very similar function:

If you are getting a warning about select game cart then it[s likely that game is not installed properly.

You can get that first game installed by using one of the less complex installers:

Installers​

I typically install something small like Othello.nsp to get things started so I can then use title override. If you have something else on hand, that works too.

Sound like your emmc is corrupt. Check this by going into Hekate and tapping the emMMC tile at the far right middle of the screen. Please post a screenshot of what you see on that page.
Will either of these help the issue I am having with the hbg store not connecting? It worked before my updating Atmosphere. I also wanted to use the hbg shop to update Goldleaf so I could install the new 1.2.0 updates to a game, as now I am getting an error with that, saying "file too large" when it isn't.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will either of these help the issue I am having with the hbg store not connecting? It worked before my updating Atmosphere. I also wanted to use the hbg shop to update Goldleaf so I could install the new 1.2.0 updates to a game, as now I am getting an error with that, saying "file too large" when it isn't.
Try the first step and switch DNS. It‘s possible one of their servers might be down? It‘s easy enough to swap them back after the test. :-)

If it still doesn’t work, then let’s get the link I shared above configured on your Switch and then you can use auto DNS instead of manual and still be protected.

And yes, the goal is to be protected but still be able to connect to non-Ninty Intermet services such as hbg, tits or teknik.

I believe goldleaf is pending an update for 16.0.0 as of yesterday, BTW. There were breaking fs changes in the new FW.

6914DA3E-C41C-4F8A-AA68-D6CC58C81E7E.jpeg

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes. That shows your emunand is in fact enabled and a raw partition.

Lets use Hekate to back up your current emunand and then use Hekate to create a new Emunand as a copy of your Sysnand. As in completely start the emunand creation from scratch. You will have a backup so we can get back to this state after the experiment w/o worries.

Lazlo_Woodbine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Installers​

Thank you. Mr Dude's programme is Windows so unfortunately I can't run it.

Instead I followed the Switch method using the All In One Switch Updater; https://rentry.org/UpdateCFW

Unfortunately after the first reboot I went to launch Atmosphere from Hekate and got a blank yellow screen. Holding down the power button shut it off and it booted back to standard fw okay. However, I managed to lose my homemade jig since this morning and can't find a good peice of wire to make another so I'm giving up for tonight, will try again tomorrow.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Mr Dude's programme is Windows so unfortunately I can't run it.

Instead I followed the Switch method using the All In One Switch Updater; https://rentry.org/UpdateCFW

Unfortunately after the first reboot I went to launch Atmosphere from Hekate and got a blank yellow screen. Holding down the power button shut it off and it booted back to standard fw okay. However, I managed to lose my homemade jig since this morning and can't find a good peice of wire to make another so I'm giving up for tonight, will try again tomorrow.
The link I sent has an attachment in the first post with the latest patches. No need to run anything to get them. Just download and unzip.

C806F0A0-3707-4CF8-9EF9-03410A1E1101.jpeg

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Flipping them around worked. Now I am having an issue with Goldleaf when I try to install, the file is small and there should be enough space on my SD card, but I am getting a "not enough space"error. I will try the auto DNS option as that may be a simpler way.

Try the first step and switch DNS. It‘s possible one of their servers might be down? It‘s easy enough to swap them back after the test. :-)

If it still doesn’t work, then let’s get the link I shared above configured on your Switch and then you can use auto DNS instead of manual and still be protected.

And yes, the goal is to be protected but still be able to connect to non-Ninty Intermet services such as hbg, tits or teknik.

I believe goldleaf is pending an update for 16.0.0 as of yesterday, BTW. There were breaking fs changes in the new FW.

View attachment 358681
I ended up with corrupted files for the game on my SD card.....seems like the issue with the non-hacked version of the game plagued the hacked DLC I downloaded. I may have to redownload the game....ugh

Last edited by strangeone1969,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flipping them around worked. Now I am having an issue with Goldleaf when I try to install, the file is small and there should be enough space on my SD card, but I am getting a "not enough space"error. I will try the auto DNS option as that may be a simpler way.
Goldleaf should be updated soon. Until then I would not be surprised to see strange File System issues with it and 16.0.0. In the mean time check out Tinwoo or DBI for installation and you can go back to goldleaf once the new version is released.
I ended up with corrupted files for the game on my SD card.....seems like the issue with the non-hacked version of the game plagued the hacked DLC I downloaded. I may have to redownload the game....ugh
Annoying but not insurmountable…Good luck! You’re almost there. :-)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few months ago I used hacdiskmount to move my emunand Pokémon violet save to my sysnand, I tried using the same account from my emunand to boot the game but the save wasn't detected, however a secondary account was able to detect it for some reason, it was working fine up until a few days ago when I tried to transfer the save to a new switch using Nintendo's official tool, the save was deleted from the source console but was also not present on the target, I had a backup so restored it and tried again, same result, I tried a third time and now both consoles are stuck in a save transfer loop with the source console throwing error 2002-1002, I tried factory resetting and re entering the save transfer but no luck there either, I restored my restored my nand backup, unfortunately I forgot to make a backup of boot 0 and boot 1 so I backed them from up from the factory reset nand and then restored those, I'm currently wondering if, 1 the consoles will eventually be banned, I've only messed around with one but can the untouched one still be banned, 2 how do I go about figuring out what file the save transfer wants so I can escape the loop, from what ive been able to find so far the error either seems to be something general about corruption or that it can't find the save
If you ever used CFW or homebrew on either of those consoles, there is a risk they will be banned. Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to bans, it all comes down to chance. As for the error code, are both consoles on the latest firmware version?

rayida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping some kind soul can help me with a time sensitive issue here.

I hacked a Switch for a non-tech-savvy mate a year ago. He lives in a different country but visits about once a year. He mentioned his Switch was not turning on, essentially dead, so I told him to bring it with him on his next trip, which is now. Met up with him last night and sure enough, the device doesn't seem to turn on, and doesn't respond to dongle and jig either, so I brought it home with me last night. Plugged it into my PC this morning and my PC recognised that a device was connected by USB, so I fired up TegraRCMGUI, injected the payload, and was able to get the Switch to boot.
I wanted to get his Switch as up to date as possible, so I launched All In One updater, which I don't think I've used before, but put on there so that in theory he could update things himself. I wasn't sure what order to do things in, so I pulled up a video, unfortunately I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have, and I think I may have hit the wrong prompt at least once. I realise I should have used a guide rather than a video, but didn't realise that the guide supported AIO Updater. Anyhow, there's a good chance that I answered Yes to all of the below questions:

• When asked to overwrite existing .ini config files, select No.
  • When asked to delete all the custom sysmodules startup flags, select Yes.
You will now be asked to download Hekate. Select Yes.
  • When asked to overwrite existing .ini config files, select No.
  • When asked if you want to copy the Hekate payload, select No.

I was able to successfully (in theory) update Atmosphere, and then went to update the firmware. I believe that downloaded successfully, launched daybreak and I answered that I wanted to preserve settings, and install exfat and fat32 drivers, and when I hit reboot, that's where the problems began.

I received the message that many people have had, "A fatal error occurred when running fusee. Unable to identify Package", googled it and found myself on page 1828 of this thread, but am still lost. I can still launch Hekate via PC, and can access the USB Tools to add/remove stuff to the microSD, but I can not get the Switch to successfully boot to either Atmosphere or OFW. Atmosphere gives me the error message at the start of this paragraph. Booting to stock gives the error "no mandatory secmon or warmboot provided, failed to launch HOS, press any key...". This is likely a result of me trying a few different things to fix the issue such as installing Atmosphere manually via USB, updating hekate etc. Really trying to avoid starting over as there are a few games and a shop on the SD card that I'd prefer not to have to redownload. And it's time sensitive as my friend leaves tomorrow evening so I have less than 24 hours to try and solve the problem.

I am more than grateful for any assistance.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@C0MP1 you can simply hit reply to the message. Not doing so makes my response empty so people can’t follow the thread (including me!)

So now that you have recreated the emunand as a copy of your Sysnand, does your Emunand now behave the same was as your Sysnand?

C0MP1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
@C0MP1 you can simply hit reply to the message. Not doing so makes my response empty so people can’t follow the thread (including me!)

So now that you have recreated the emunand as a copy of your Sysnand, does your Emunand now behave the same was as your Sysnand?
Oh I am very new to gbatemp. And no still The same errors.

Edit: IT now just Works i dunno what i did but IT Works like IT should

Last edited by C0MP1,

Thrumptus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you ever used CFW or homebrew on either of those consoles, there is a risk they will be banned. Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to bans, it all comes down to chance. As for the error code, are both consoles on the latest firmware version?
Never used cfw or homebrew on either sysnand so hoping i get away with it but seems unlikely, both consoles are on 16.0.0, one description of the error i saw seems to suggest the save transfer tool can't find the save file so i've been trying to find more information about what the save transfer tool looks for, how the switch names save files and how save files are bound to users but haven't been successful so far, also wondering if there's anything i should worry about now i've replaced the boot 0 and boot 1 files with ones from after the factory reset, it still boots fine and i had a look on switchbrew but not really knowledgeable enough to say for certain

Last edited by Thrumptus,

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goldleaf should be updated soon. Until then I would not be surprised to see strange File System issues with it and 16.0.0. In the mean time check out Tinwoo or DBI for installation and you can go back to goldleaf once the new version is released.

Annoying but not insurmountable…Good luck! You’re almost there. :-)
I was able to install with Tinwoo, YAY! Now I my hacked switch is asking me to log into my Nintendo account, I wonder if it was because I was going to try a different account to transfer my game data to as that was what someone else did to fix the "corrupted save data" on a non-hacked swtch. It hasn't asked me to do that before, is there a way to bypass that?

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to install with Tinwoo, YAY! Now I my hacked switch is asking me to log into my Nintendo account, I wonder if it was because I was going to try a different account to transfer my game data to as that was what someone else did to fix the "corrupted save data" on a non-hacked swtch. It hasn't asked me to do that before, is there a way to bypass that?

Yes, you will need to run a homebrew called Linkalho to emulate linking your account.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/linkalho-link-your-nintendo-account-offline.573676/

dt90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys, i'm new here :), hi to all :)
I have a switch that in the dock with bayonetta 3 reaches 70 degrees, but the fan does not go beyond 50% use. I was wondering if there is any config file in atmosphere to be able to set a higher fan usage value?

I state that in portable mode it is around 50 degrees and the fan does not go beyond about 25%. I obtained these informations via the status monitor (micro format) while playing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok