Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That depends, have you used CFW/homebrew? If you have, then you will have to keep using CFW/homebrew to update the firmware. If not, then do you want to prevent your fuses from being burnt or not? If the answer is yes, then there are a few more options that involve varying usages of CFW/homebrew. If you don't care, then you could just update it online like normal.

The best way to answer the question is actually the opposite: is there a point to burning the fuses? If you don't have a hacked console, you don't have a choice but if you do, then you have to weigh the risks versus benefits. There are many benefits which includes the ability to load lower firmware versions without hacks which in turn can lead to utilization of a future exploit. The only risk however is that Nintendo might notice there aren't a proper number of fuses burnt and drop the ban hammer. But in all of the years since Switch hacking became public, no ban has ever occurred solely due to a mismatch in the fuse count. Therefore, there is no inherent risk in keeping the fuses from being burnt but instead there are potential benefits.
well it seems with no cool exploits likely to come out ever, the work that goes into keeping them intact just doesnt seem worth the effort i guess.

anyways, other question, an emunand setup where you want sysnand to stay clean, if you use sysnand/atmosphere, should i only use homebrew via album, or is loading homebrew via a game tile still preferred?

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

MrDarkDragone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SciresM has released a patched version of Checkpoint for 0.19:

The gamecard slot firmware will be updated if you boot without CFW and insert a gamecard or boot with CFW while NOGC is disabled and inserting a gamecard. The switch update itself doesn't update the gamecard firmware if NOGC is enabled (by default in fusee primary and hekate). The gamecard firmware affects every NAND, doesn't matter if SysNAND or EmuMMC.
Is the update on the gamecart itself? I've been having issues with my switch reading gamecarts, tried upgrading via cfw, via stock, creating an emummc and downgrading then upgrading that to no avail. I think it stopped working around an update but cant be sure.
Is there a way to tell what firmware it has?
Also on most of my gamecarts it comes up pretty quick with the game card could not be read error but pokemon scarlet did take longer to come up with that error. Was thinking maybe it was trying to update...

cirelachlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, I have a picofly modded switch V2, I have touchscreen function in hakate but I don't in atmosphere or sysnand.

I'm at a loss on what to do. It can't be hardware because it works fine in hekate.

Any ideas what I can check for?

Mohd_

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi, I’d like to ask if I had downloaded the Pokémon Scarlet DLC online and installed it to my physical game card on Emunand, can the save file be subsequently transferred to Stock and continue playing without the DLC on Stock?

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I got a first-production run RCM compatible switch which I have long since modded with Atmosphere. My original FW on the device is 9.0.0. It might be 9.0.1, but the point is, it's old. I've set up eMCC which runs the latest Firmware, currently on 16.1.0. I followed the rentry guide word for word back in May, with great success.

Now, here's where I'm confused. I would very much like to get my OFW to the latest version as well, to play games I legitimately own online on stock or sysMMC. Hekate gives me the option of booting Stock, sysMMC, eMMC, and Fusee. Both stock and sysMMC are on 9.0.1. How do I update the firmware? Boot into stock and update through the system dialog? Or do I boot into sysMMC and use Daybreak? I read that my OFW is so old that updating might render the game card reader slot inaccessible, and I would very much avoid this, and other issues in the process.

So, boot sysMMC and update from 9.0.1 straight to 16.1.0 using Daybreak, or are there other considerations? I do have NAND backups, but I'm worried about permanently burning some fuse which might prevent proper operation of CFW, or my backup should I need to restore it.

Quarantinejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My CFW install has just totally died after many years. It was SXOS and then atmosphere and it's contents were far from streamlined. I cannot bring back. Earlier on I had issues with hekate dragons and then after updating hekate it couldn't find my emuNand. Said it was disabled. Made a new file version of emuNand using Hekate and Hekate seems happy. I've deleted atmosphere folder and replaced with fresh latest version. I've replaced fusee.bin. But I'm just black screening after atmosphere logo. I will do a fresh install on a new card. It's probably long overdue. My noob question is, I do have a backup of my emuNand and my card contents. Will I be able to retrieve my save games on a fresh install on a new card by transferring over a specific folder or do I need to be able to boot a version of this backup and use JKSV or similar?

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a V1 Switch on CFW. I’m thinking of having the battery replaced as it does not hold charge for long.

Firstly, would a battery replacement mess up my CFW?

Secondly, will the batteries that are available be much of an improvement?

Spaceyfire

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hey guys,

I just got my v2 switch chipped with picofly, and for some reason only the emunand works while cfw sysnand and stock gives me this error(2002-3539), my firmware is 16.1 and the guy who put the chip says its prob because of that but then why would the emunand even work?

Thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-20 at 13.12.39.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-20 at 13.12.39.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 23

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it seems with no cool exploits likely to come out ever, the work that goes into keeping them intact just doesnt seem worth the effort i guess.

anyways, other question, an emunand setup where you want sysnand to stay clean, if you use sysnand/atmosphere, should i only use homebrew via album, or is loading homebrew via a game tile still preferred?
If you use homebrew/CFW on sysMMC, how you load it doesn't make a difference to Nintendo or the ban hammer. They will track either method so you risk getting no matter what.
Hi, I’d like to ask if I had downloaded the Pokémon Scarlet DLC online and installed it to my physical game card on Emunand, can the save file be subsequently transferred to Stock and continue playing without the DLC on Stock?
Your question doesn't make sense. Stock is a mode like CFW meaning you can launch both CFW and Stock on emuMMC.
So, I got a first-production run RCM compatible switch which I have long since modded with Atmosphere. My original FW on the device is 9.0.0. It might be 9.0.1, but the point is, it's old. I've set up eMCC which runs the latest Firmware, currently on 16.1.0. I followed the rentry guide word for word back in May, with great success.

Now, here's where I'm confused. I would very much like to get my OFW to the latest version as well, to play games I legitimately own online on stock or sysMMC. Hekate gives me the option of booting Stock, sysMMC, eMMC, and Fusee. Both stock and sysMMC are on 9.0.1. How do I update the firmware? Boot into stock and update through the system dialog? Or do I boot into sysMMC and use Daybreak? I read that my OFW is so old that updating might render the game card reader slot inaccessible, and I would very much avoid this, and other issues in the process.

So, boot sysMMC and update from 9.0.1 straight to 16.1.0 using Daybreak, or are there other considerations? I do have NAND backups, but I'm worried about permanently burning some fuse which might prevent proper operation of CFW, or my backup should I need to restore it.
I think you're understanding the proper terminology is hampering your progress. For one thing, the Switch uses an eMMC to store all of its software so you could not have possibly set up an eMMC unless you're implying you physically installed a new eMMC into your console. I could be wrong here but if I make an assumption or two, what you're referring to is not eMMC but emuMMC. Also, unless your hekate_ipl.ini file is really messed up, Hekate should display more than just "sysMMC". Because booting sysMMC is vague. You can boot sysMMC via Stock like in the first option or through CFW. That difference can make or break how you update sysMMC. Stock and sysMMC aren't two different things; technically they cannot even be compared to each other. Stock is a mode like CFW while sysMMC is a state similar to emuMMC. So now that you have a better understanding of Switch terminology, I believe you should review the facts and rephrase your question.
My CFW install has just totally died after many years. It was SXOS and then atmosphere and it's contents were far from streamlined. I cannot bring back. Earlier on I had issues with hekate dragons and then after updating hekate it couldn't find my emuNand. Said it was disabled. Made a new file version of emuNand using Hekate and Hekate seems happy. I've deleted atmosphere folder and replaced with fresh latest version. I've replaced fusee.bin. But I'm just black screening after atmosphere logo. I will do a fresh install on a new card. It's probably long overdue. My noob question is, I do have a backup of my emuNand and my card contents. Will I be able to retrieve my save games on a fresh install on a new card by transferring over a specific folder or do I need to be able to boot a version of this backup and use JKSV or similar?
That depends. Which emuMMC backup are you referring to? If its the new file-based emuMMC that you made, then it is as simple as moving a folder to the new card. If you're referring to your old emuMMC, then that depends if it is filed-based or partition-based. Again, if its file-based, then there aren't any additional steps involved. But if your old emuMMC was partition-based, then its not as simple as moving a folder or two. You will have to follow this tutorial to extract the save data if you cannot boot the emuMMC.
I have a V1 Switch on CFW. I’m thinking of having the battery replaced as it does not hold charge for long.

Firstly, would a battery replacement mess up my CFW?

Secondly, will the batteries that are available be much of an improvement?
A new battery should not interfere with CFW. And I'm not sure how much of an improvement a new battery will be but if your old battery isn't working, then a new battery is worth installing.
Hey guys,

I just got my v2 switch chipped with picofly, and for some reason only the emunand works while cfw sysnand and stock gives me this error(2002-3539), my firmware is 16.1 and the guy who put the chip says its prob because of that but then why would the emunand even work?

Thanks
Well what firmware is your emuMMC on?

Reactions: Youser

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

Thanks
Probably related to an old sysmodule making conflict. What would happen if you booted stock without the SD card inserted?

Mohd_

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Your question doesn't make sense. Stock is a mode like CFW meaning you can launch both CFW and Stock on emuMMC.
Apologise for the confusion, i meant to say ofw and cfw emunand. I actually have Pokémon Scarlet game card with save file on ofw, then i created cfw emunand and downloaded the dlc and played the save file from ofw. So if i transfer the save file back to ofw where i do not have the dlc, would it be a problem?

Billsley

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm new to hacking the switch and already failed once to modchip my switch. No damage was done so, I'm going to try again. The problem is when I installed the modchip the first time (which I must say, all soldering and connections looked great) and switched the switch on there was nothing from the modchip at all, no leds nothing. So I tried three more times each attempt the same thing, nothing from the modchip. The modchip is a Hwfly clone that I bought off Aliexpress (see photo) and in the comments/ reviews there was a number of people saying that the chip came with no firmware installed and had to do it themselves. which might mean that I had successfully installed the chip and it simply had no FW.

I have attempted to flash the FW and connected the Chip to the supplied usb-c port and into my pc (a folder opens up called RP1-RP2 ) and ran flash.bat from nx release 072 but it doesnt find the chip. Do I have to update from inside the switch or can I do this before an mod attempt. Please what am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 5802404f8885f2aea50f50d3655fafa5.jpg
    5802404f8885f2aea50f50d3655fafa5.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 20

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you use homebrew/CFW on sysMMC, how you load it doesn't make a difference to Nintendo or the ban hammer. They will track either method so you risk getting no matter what.

well that doesnt seem to mesh with the general consensus on banning and all. just using homebrew like overclocking, or backing up saves does not seem to be tracked, or we'd have a whole lot of more ban cases.
using the album in general has to be safe enough, unless you use unsafe homebrew/cheat/mess with saves in certain games.
but i feel like i remember some homebrew prefering to run from a tile instead of album in applet mode

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well that doesnt seem to mesh with the general consensus on banning and all. just using homebrew like overclocking, or backing up saves does not seem to be tracked, or we'd have a whole lot of more ban cases.
using the album in general has to be safe enough, unless you use unsafe homebrew/cheat/mess with saves in certain games.
but i feel like i remember some homebrew prefering to run from a tile instead of album in applet mode
Consensus or not, the data doesn't lie. People have been banned for just using CFW and homebrew and it is all recorded in this thread. I don't know the probably of a ban when constraining yourself to only CFW/homebrew but if it were up to me, I'd rather avoid becoming a statistic than take the risk altogether. At the end of the day, its not the community who decides who gets banned or not; its Nintendo and they have made it very clear that any violation of the Terms of Service can end in a ban. In other words, don't say that I did not warn you.
I have a new microSD card coming in and want to know, since I have to make a new EmuNAND, is there a way to block Nintendo’s servers on EmuNAND and allow them for SysNAND?

Also, is there a way to dump things from SysNAND as I’d love to be able to get the NSO updates as they come out instead of waiting for someone else to do it.
Why block them when you can just delete the Wi-Fi settings? It accomplishes the same goal while not having to rely on some third-party tool that may or may not work. Also, the only way to dump anything is to use homebrew which predisposes your sysMMC at risk for a ban.

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consensus or not, the data doesn't lie. People have been banned for just using CFW and homebrew and it is all recorded in this thread. I don't know the probably of a ban when constraining yourself to only CFW/homebrew but if it were up to me, I'd rather avoid becoming a statistic than take the risk altogether. At the end of the day, its not the community who decides who gets banned or not; its Nintendo and they have made it very clear that any violation of the Terms of Service can end in a ban. In other words, don't say that I did not warn you.

Why block them when you can just delete the Wi-Fi settings? It accomplishes the same goal while not having to rely on some third-party tool that may or may not work. Also, the only way to dump anything is to use homebrew which predisposes your sysMMC at risk for a ban.
First of all, because of the shops and Tinfoil. THAT is why you want to use wi-fi on CFW.

Secondly, you don’t need to have an attitude about it like you came into my thread to do. I asked for an answer, not a snarky response.

Rostodon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I rebooted my Switch and now the emuMMC is stuck on a black screen after the Atmosphere logo. Sysnand boots OK. I've tried reinstalling Atmosphere and Hekate. This happened before but it was due to themes in the contents folder. There's nothing in there now so not sure what's causing it this time. What other steps can I try?

cirelachlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All

I'm new to hacking the switch and already failed once to modchip my switch. No damage was done so, I'm going to try again. The problem is when I installed the modchip the first time (which I must say, all soldering and connections looked great) and switched the switch on there was nothing from the modchip at all, no leds nothing. So I tried three more times each attempt the same thing, nothing from the modchip. The modchip is a Hwfly clone that I bought off Aliexpress (see photo) and in the comments/ reviews there was a number of people saying that the chip came with no firmware installed and had to do it themselves. which might mean that I had successfully installed the chip and it simply had no FW.

I have attempted to flash the FW and connected the Chip to the supplied usb-c port and into my pc (a folder opens up called RP1-RP2 ) and ran flash.bat from nx release 072 but it doesnt find the chip. Do I have to update from inside the switch or can I do this before an mod attempt. Please what am I doing wrong?
All you have to do is drop the firmware uf2 file in the rp1-rp2 folder that pops up. The led should flash and automatically disconnect.
Post automatically merged:

All you have to do is drop the firmware uf2 file in the rp1-rp2 folder that pops up. The led should flash and automatically disconnect.
Also, it use to be that the led would flash red as a sign of success and and green was failure, that's not the case anymore. If I remember correctly it now just flashes green

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries