Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually you need the lot that has carts with 000 in the end. The newer versions of Pokken end up installing 3.0.1.
That's why I said an original copy. I could have been more clear though
Do you have the switch connected to a computer and have everything set up properly?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
That's why I said an original copy. I could have been more clear though

Do you have the switch connected to a computer and have everything set up properly?
no, i thought that's only if i want to install something, not to trigger the exploit.
do i need to set up a virtual server?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, i thought that's only if i want to install something, not to trigger the exploit.
do i need to set up a virtual server?
AFAIK, triggering the exploit will boot your Switch into RCM which is essentially a black screen. In other words, when you power on the Switch, instead of seeing the Nintendo logo, your Switch will power on and the screen will stay dark. If you have Linux, OSX, or some way to emulate those, you can launch a sample payload to get a non-black screen as proof of doing everything right. There's a thread with some payloads you can test, but it will require one of those operating systems.

Galebourn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, I'm on a Firmware above 3.0 right now (4.1.0 if I remember correctly) and wanted to ask if it makes any sense to stay there, after all the new exploits got released. Does it even matter if I update to 5.0.2 now?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm on a Firmware above 3.0 right now (4.1.0 if I remember correctly) and wanted to ask if it makes any sense to stay there, after all the new exploits got released. Does it even matter if I update to 5.0.2 now?

short summary for pre-Mariko units:
1.0.0: has a nice non-coldboot solution, and is the most likely to get a Holy Grail CFW-launching exploit in the future
<3.0.1: has enough power to avoid a hardmod immediately, even if you'll probably want to just do the hardmod 'cuz the hardmod's so easy
<=4.1.0: will eventually see a hardmod-less solution, but will need that 'minor hardmod' at launch
>4.1.0: that 'minor hardmod' is required; though we may find a solution to avoid this in the future

konamicode89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to find the tutorial to install fake news on 1.0 via puyo tetris.

It would be very helpful to have links to guides like these so its easy to find.

I have been reading through alot of speculation, bickering, dev discussions beyond my comprehension, hype, etc. and I feel that while we are waiting for atmosphere, fuse gelee, recovery mode mods, a functioning linux distro, and eventual backup loading that we should post some documentation on what the scene has uncovered so far.

If I can get that link to figure out how to install fake news via puyo tetris and prolly some advice on how I to help contribute I'll do my best to return the favor

Update: I have found the link but because I am a newbie I cannot post the link =\

Last edited by konamicode89,

Nkrlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
What's the minimum SD speed people think will be required? Even if it's a VERY ROUGH guess i would like to know. It's basically impossible to buy a legit SD card where i live so i have o import it, and the customs office here charges exorbitant taxes, so i would like the estimate to start saving.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the minimum SD speed people think will be required? Even if it's a VERY ROUGH guess i would like to know. It's basically impossible to buy a legit SD card where i live so i have o import it, and the customs office here charges exorbitant taxes, so i would like the estimate to start saving.
I don't think there's really a "minimum soeed" I would get a 32gig or higher SD card, but there's not really a minimum speed
where can i download the 3d printing file?
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2877484

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've been looking around for a Switch, and can only seem to find consoles with serial numbers matching a 3.0.1, which is fine, as I have access to a 3D printer and I'm willing to use a hardware mod to eventually get CFW. Am I right to understand that a 3.0.1 Switch (at least for now) is the same as having a 4.1.0 console, and I can therefore buy BOTW and Mario Odyssey carts to play? Or should I just keep it at 3.0.1 and wait patiently?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking around for a Switch, and can only seem to find consoles with serial numbers matching a 3.0.1, which is fine, as I have access to a 3D printer and I'm willing to use a hardware mod to eventually get CFW. Am I right to understand that a 3.0.1 Switch (at least for now) is the same as having a 4.1.0 console, and I can therefore buy BOTW and Mario Odyssey carts to play? Or should I just keep it at 3.0.1 and wait patiently?
Yes, firmwares 3.01-4.1 will have to use the hardmod for the time being, but ReSwitched has stated there will be a softmod solution down the road. How far down the road is anyone's guess.

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
currently on 3.0.1, i want to buy xenoblade. but is there anyway to get the japanese voice DLC without going pass 4.1.0?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. My Switch is on FW 4.1.0. I have DNS set to block updates. Anyway, the more games are coming out (DKC TF today, Mega Man X Collection, and the new and upcoming Smash Bros), I am afraid I will have to update the FW to 5.0 and beyond. I really don’t want to miss out on CFW and been hearing that I will need to do hard mod with higher firmware. I have no experience with hardware modding. What should I do? Thoughts and help appreciated [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. My Switch is on FW 4.1.0. I have DNS set to block updates. Anyway, the more games are coming out (DKC TF today, Mega Man X Collection, and the new and upcoming Smash Bros), I am afraid I will have to update the FW to 5.0 and beyond. I really don’t want to miss out on CFW and been hearing that I will need to do hard mod with higher firmware. I have no experience with hardware modding. What should I do? Thoughts and help appreciated [emoji4][emoji4]

If you don't want to do a hardmod, you'll be waiting a while. It's not a hard thing to do, so I would just update

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want to do a hardmod, you'll be waiting a while. It's not a hard thing to do, so I would just update

I should just go ahead and update? The main reason I want cfw and homebrew is for cheats and save editing... I just don’t want to miss out on that stuff... help and thoughts appreciated [emoji4][emoji4]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs