Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Anthony D'Amico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I will be an SX Pro user (just waiting for it to arrive in mail). I have obtain a backup that is in Istorage. I know SX OS supports xci, does it also support istorage or will I have to find a way to convert it to xci?

mendezagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So, about the error reports while using CFW that can eventually flag the switch for a ban: what if i perform a factory reset before going online?. I´m interested in using SX OS but i´m planning to play smash online in december. Will a factoy reset erase those error reports? I know that all my saves will be erased, i don´t care.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would i revert my switch back to normal ? when i power my switch off and then power it on again it wont boot so i have to send a payload over of SX to get to the boot.
All i have done to my switch is.
Booted rcm mode. put the boot.dat on s card, then i sent over the SX payloader to see if it worked. i then have only ever went into the OFW option ive never set up auto rcm or booted into the CFW section.

So how would i put my switch back to normal so when i power it down it will power up as normal into the OFW?
The switch is not booting normally because of AutoRCM. You are no longer seeing the SX OS menu because it automatically boots the Switch into CFW when your license is activated. In order to allow the Switch to boot normally, you must remove AutoRCM. To do that, you need to boot into the SX OS menu. Simply hold volume + while sending the SX Loader payload and it will pop up. Then uninstall AutoRCM. Now your Switch will be able to boot back nornmally.

I know this isn't directly related to CFW, but I've tried a few homebrews on FW 5.0.2 and most of them aren't working.
Is there any fix for that?
While there is no fix, if they have a GitHub page, it might be worth reporting the error there to let the developer know there is a problem with their software in the hopes they can fix it in a future update.
So, about the error reports while using CFW that can eventually flag the switch for a ban: what if i perform a factory reset before going online?. I´m interested in using SX OS but i´m planning to play smash online in december. Will a factoy reset erase those error reports? I know that all my saves will be erased, i don´t care.
Factory resets do not actually fully clear the console, contrary to popular belief. There is currently no known method for completely wiping the Switch of all traces of hacks. So far, I would say the best option is keeping a NAND dump prior to performing any sort of homebrew or hacks but if you have not done so already and used any sort of homebrew/hacks, then it is too late and you will have to wait to see if the community can come up with something.

Reactions: Mensy

Mensy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The switch is not booting normally because of AutoRCM. You are no longer seeing the SX OS menu because it automatically boots the Switch into CFW when your license is activated. In order to allow the Switch to boot normally, you must remove AutoRCM. To do that, you need to boot into the SX OS menu. Simply hold volume + while sending the SX Loader payload and it will pop up. Then uninstall AutoRCM. Now your Switch will be able to boot back nornmally.

While there is no fix, if they have a GitHub page, it might be worth reporting the error there to let the developer know there is a problem with their software in the hopes they can fix it in a future update.
Factory resets do not actually fully clear the console, contrary to popular belief. There is currently no known method for completely wiping the Switch of all traces of hacks. So far, I would say the best option is keeping a NAND dump prior to performing any sort of homebrew or hacks but if you have not done so already and used any sort of homebrew/hacks, then it is too late and you will have to wait to see if the community can come up with something.

Thanx for the reply mate, i managed to suss it out myself in the end :)

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Where can I find the apk for Nx Loader (or whatever is called), to use my Galaxy S7 Edge as a payload injector, when I'm not at home to use my computer?
Thanks

ciareriam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I'm looking into the SX OS. I liked being able to try out games before I buy those I really liked in the 3DS. I rarely play online games so I'm fine with keeping it offline while using the SXOS. For now, will staying in airplane mode be alright until the community figures out a way to hide from Nintendo?

Another worry I have is that I buy all my games second hand. With the cart bans, should I stop buying second hand? For games like MK8, even though I don't go online, does it still communicate and can I get banned on a clean switch?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find the apk for Nx Loader (or whatever is called), to use my Galaxy S7 Edge as a payload injector, when I'm not at home to use my computer?
Thanks
https://github.com/DavidBuchanan314/NXLoader/releases
I'm looking into the SX OS. I liked being able to try out games before I buy those I really liked in the 3DS. I rarely play online games so I'm fine with keeping it offline while using the SXOS. For now, will staying in airplane mode be alright until the community figures out a way to hide from Nintendo?

Another worry I have is that I buy all my games second hand. With the cart bans, should I stop buying second hand? For games like MK8, even though I don't go online, does it still communicate and can I get banned on a clean switch?
Keep it in airplane mode with SX os. There's no surefire way to avoid a ban, but staying In airplane mode helps. I would stop buying secondhand games just to stay safe
not sure if its even allowed to ask here lol but eh.. is there a site where i can find switch backup games?
We're not allowed to share rom links here, but a simple Google search can help you
Is there any way to use DLCs on SX OS?
Not yet no

Reactions: Asia81

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

So far I haven't been banned while being in airplane mode when running TX OS, and I even re enabled internet and went to the eshop while on OFW, still no ban. I don't think many TX OS users have been banned as of now, most bans seemed to have happened to those using the LayeredFS method. But the ban-wave against TX OS might come later, and no one knows whether you will be save by staying in airplane mode. Only time will tell. Right now, do all you can to minimize the risk of ban.

not sure if its even allowed to ask here lol but eh.. is there a site where i can find switch backup games?
Google is your friend. Literally the first result you find with the most basic search is what you're looking for.

Is there any way to use DLCs on SX OS?
I don't think so, right now dumps only work with physical carts.

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So far I haven't been banned while being in airplane mode when running TX OS, and I even re enabled internet and went to the eshop while on OFW, still no ban. I don't think many TX OS users have been banned as of now, most bans seemed to have happened to those using the LayeredFS method. But the ban-wave against TX OS might come later, and no one knows whether you will be save by staying in airplane mode. Only time will tell. Right now, do all you can to minimize the risk of ban.

Google is your friend. Literally the first result you find with the most basic search is what you're looking for.

I don't think so, right now dumps only work with physical carts.

yea thanks i think i have found it (? ) will find out soon enough :D

mendezagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Thanks Draxzelex, you deserve a medal for asnwering so much in this thread. I cannot belive there´s no way to wipe all the data from my switch, what if i decide to sell it! Anyway, i haven´t implemented any hacks as of yet but i sure will, i´ll try to backup my nand previusly then.

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I hate asking this as I know that it has been asked (or variations of it) so many times but is there any benefit to having a 2.3fw as opposed to a 3.0fw for installing atmosphere?

Eon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want Hollow Knight but I don't wanna update past 4.1. Any way to grab it? Can I download a copy to use with SX OS later on?

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay..now i understand little bit..that latest layeredFS kit work on FW 4.1.0?

For LayeredFS... Incase you dont want to update your firmware and want to stay on 4.1, see below;

Watch this video first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=207&v=oiE8Luc0c9E

Read the description as well on what you need... THEN

Follow this post (thread) on how to make LayeredFS work on 4.1.0;
https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-layeredfs.507653/#post-8059224

once you follow that thread, you will have the patched kernel file... which you need to replace with what you got earlier

Just FYI: Latest Atmosphere commits may or may not work with 4.1...

LayeredFS does work on 4.1. I'm just unsure if the files I linked you will work with 4.1. The 4.1 files do exist but there is no tutorial or guide on how to use them outside of the one I sent you.

4.1 works on LayeredFS... just FYI

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I want Hollow Knight but I don't wanna update past 4.1. Any way to grab it? Can I download a copy to use with SX OS later on?

as far as i know, you can only download 'cartridge' dumps to play as backup... nswdb.com does not show Hollow Knight... so that means its a e-shop title only

if you buy the game from eshop, and it requires 5.1... then you have no choice but to update to 5.1
you can follow this tutorial on how to update to latest firmware without burning fuses (so you can go back to your original fw if needed)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

Last edited by HoTsHoTz79,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.1 works on LayeredFS... just FYI
I know it does, I've seen the way to dump and patch kernels for 4.X but PRAGMA hasn't updated his thread to stating support firmwares 4.X and 5.X, it still says 5.X only. That's why I wasn't sure if his files included the proper tools to boot LayeredFS on 4.1.
I hate asking this as I know that it has been asked (or variations of it) so many times but is there any benefit to having a 2.3fw as opposed to a 3.0fw for installing atmosphere?
In terms of warmboot softmods, there is none as 2.3 and 3.0 will have access to the same exploit at the same time. Updating to 3.0 will require a game cartridge, either a physical one or a scene dump that will not be provided here for obvious reasons.
Thanks Draxzelex, you deserve a medal for asnwering so much in this thread. I cannot belive there´s no way to wipe all the data from my switch, what if i decide to sell it! Anyway, i haven´t implemented any hacks as of yet but i sure will, i´ll try to backup my nand previusly then.
As long as the posts here are all properly answered on a timely basis, that means one less thread for every question which makes GBATemp look less cluttered and more organized. That's the only satisfaction I need. Also, yes backup your NAND. That step should always be the first step whenever playing around with hacks. Better to be safe than sorry.

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
will the Switch with auto rcm still drain power, when powered off completely? (no sleep mode)

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
will the Switch with auto rcm still drain power, when powered off completely? (no sleep mode)

Thanks
Technically it won't but RCM looks identical to a Switch that is fully powered off so while you may believe it is fully turned off, it may in fact be in RCM which not only does drain battery but has a reduced charge rate when AutoRCM is installed. One thing worth trying is to perform a manual shutdown with your Switch as opposed to using the menu to ensure the Switch is fully turned off. This is done by holding the power button for 12 or so seconds.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: daijobu and Taorn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/5fQHvL6iO5k?si=1qrkapNMcghUj07-