Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

oBluEx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. After you install NSP file. Do you have to open CFW every time to play it? Could you shut off the switch, boot OFW and play the installed NSP.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which "allocation unit size" should i choose when i format my sd card into fat32? I took 4096, is that wrong?
Default is sufficient but if you need a specific size, its 32K

Quick question. After you install NSP file. Do you have to open CFW every time to play it? Could you shut off the switch, boot OFW and play the installed NSP.
No

dingso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I found a lot of information about battery drain issue here on the forum, but so far none of these symptons match mine (or at least I couldn't find it):

- got my Switch with firmware 4.0.1
- updatedc to 4.1.0 (with exFat support) through ChoiDujourNX
- I'm using SXOS 1.8
- AutoRCM is disabled and always was

After that I hadn't much time playing with my Switch, therefore it was in the closet for some time and I just recently found the time to play with it again.

My battery drains faster in sleep mode as it should. For example I put my Switch in sleep mode around 22PM at 63% battery yesterday. Then I even used a charger (ok, not the official one) for about half an hour while in sleep mode. Today at 4PM I turned on the switch and the battery was empty :(
Anyone have an idea what's causing the draining and how I can stop it?

FYI: So far I am busy with everything that still works with 4.1.0 and therefore I don't need to update (to be safe not to accidently burn any fuses :) )

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On sysnand 4.1 and emunand 6.2. SD card size is 128GB.....is it possible to use 2 separate microSD cards (to have more games)?
Isn`t emunand stored on the microSD card?
It depends on how you installed it. If you installed it as a file, then you can put that file on any SD card and voila you have EmuNAND. However if you installed it as a partition, then its stuck on that one SD card because there is no tool to extract and inject SX OS EmuNAND. There was one for Gateway so maybe someone will implement one for SX OS in the future.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I found a lot of information about battery drain issue here on the forum, but so far none of these symptons match mine (or at least I couldn't find it):

- got my Switch with firmware 4.0.1
- updatedc to 4.1.0 (with exFat support) through ChoiDujourNX
- I'm using SXOS 1.8
- AutoRCM is disabled and always was

After that I hadn't much time playing with my Switch, therefore it was in the closet for some time and I just recently found the time to play with it again.

My battery drains faster in sleep mode as it should. For example I put my Switch in sleep mode around 22PM at 63% battery yesterday. Then I even used a charger (ok, not the official one) for about half an hour while in sleep mode. Today at 4PM I turned on the switch and the battery was empty :(
Anyone have an idea what's causing the draining and how I can stop it?

FYI: So far I am busy with everything that still works with 4.1.0 and therefore I don't need to update (to be safe not to accidently burn any fuses :) )
Is AutoRCM actually disabled? ChoiDujourNX enables it by default whenever you use the tool. If you're not entirely sure, you can boot up Hekate to check if you have AutoRCM currently enabled or not. The only other possible issue I see is that you are using an extremely old version of SX OS. Now that the latest release of SX OS is considered stable, you might want to try that out to see if it fixes your issue. It has also been reported that SX OS may drain more battery in sleep mode but those are old reports that may have been resolved in later builds.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
It depends on how you installed it. If you installed it as a file, then you can put that file on any SD card and voila you have EmuNAND. However if you installed it as a partition, then its stuck on that one SD card because there is no tool to extract and inject SX OS EmuNAND.

How would I know? What would the emunand folder be called. Perhaps it is as a seperate partition since the 128GBSD cards shows 90GB, 30GB don`t show up. If thats the case how would I even switch up to a bigger microsd card?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I know? What would the emunand folder be called. Perhaps it is as a seperate partition since the 128GBSD cards shows 90GB, 30GB don`t show up. If thats the case how would I even switch up to a bigger microsd card?
If its a file, you would notice; it's going to be around 32 GB in size. If its partitioned, the space taken up by the files on your SD card won't match the space remaining on the SD card.

lukands

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
If its a file, you would notice; it's going to be around 32 GB in size. If its partitioned, the space taken up by the files on your SD card won't match the space remaining on the SD card.

I appears emunand is partitioned. What are my options? How would I even now go to a larger card 128GB < 256GB?
Anyway I can just "start over" and create emunand as a file instead?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh great. Where was the option on where/how the emunand is stored/created? So basically I could just format the sd card clean and start again? Thanks for the help!
A format should remove the partitioned EmuNAND. If you want, you can backup any saves made in EmuNAND with a homebrew app like Checkpoint so you can restore them with your new EmuNAND partition.

lukands

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
A format should remove the partitioned EmuNAND. If you want, you can backup any saves made in EmuNAND with a homebrew app like Checkpoint so you can restore them with your new EmuNAND partition.

Don`t care about saves, etc..
So format the card clean, put the SX licence.dat file on card, and simply start again....create emunand, update emunand with choiduejour, etc..

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a question what should I do after updating my Nintendo Switch with ChoiDujourNX when I want to stop use it without booting OFW and without powering it off? Thanks in advance for answers. (I did not tried it since my Nintendo Switch was already in the last firmware before I hacked it I just want to know in case I need it.)

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed an xci as an nsp however when I try and launch it tries to connect to the Internet, i have a dns blocker so it can't do this, but when I disconnect WiFi it still fails to launch saying it can't connect to the Internet. Any ideas?

I'm using SX OS BTW and installed via their built in installer

AlexanderBlackk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi! Quick one,

I bought a 256 GB SanDisk Ultra SDXC card, hoping to upgrade my old SD which was only 32 GB.

When I tried installing all the necessary files to get my switch to boot up, (using TegraRCMgui) I get the error that it's not reading the SD card at all.
This happens for both ReinX and Hekate bin files.

Is there something I need to do to make the 265GB card work? Or do I need to buy a new one since it's not compatible?

Greatly appreciate the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo