Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a thread but no response my question is can you put different CFW on separate memory cards and they will work? Like SXOS on one SD with emmuaand and Atmosphere on another SD with emmunand. I want to keep my OG Atmosphere on 9.1.0 and use my SXOS on a diffrent SD card but on the latest firmware.

I dont plan on updating my sysnand I dont even go online with it anyway I go online with a switch lite.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a thread but no response my question is can you put different CFW on separate memory cards and they will work? Like SXOS on one SD with emmuaand and Atmosphere on another SD with emmunand. I want to keep my OG Atmosphere on 9.1.0 and use my SXOS on a diffrent SD card but on the latest firmware.

I dont plan on updating my sysnand I dont even go online with it anyway I go online with a switch lite.

Technically you could you just need to have the proper config and correct files for them to boot correctly. Then again I advice not to use multple card, as you going to burn out that sd card slot faster than you think.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically you could you just need to have the proper config and correct files for them to boot correctly.

Thanks i was just a little concerned because I didn't know If I have to make a sperate NAND backup of the SXOS memory card when I do it. I was going to just put 9.1.0 SXOS with emmunand and then update my emmunand with choidujournx. to the latest firmware.

My other concern is the Nintendo folder is that going to be separate on the different memory card? Or do I need to always carry over my nintendo folder regardless when I swap

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks i was just a little concerned because I didn't know If I have to make a sperate NAND backup of the SXOS memory card when I do it. I was going to just put 9.1.0 SXOS with emmunand and then update my emmunand with choidujournx. to the latest firmware.

My other concern is the Nintendo folder is that going to be separate on the different memory card? Or do I need to always carry over my nintendo folder regardless when I swap

If you aren't going online may as well just stick with your sysnand, where you can switch between Atmosphere and SX OS so it share one Nintendo folder, reason I said not to use to SD card is due to people often taking out card and putting it back killing the slot, it is a common thing.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you aren't going online may as well just stick with your sysnand, where you can switch between Atmosphere and SX OS so it share one Nintendo folder, reason I said not to use to SD card is due to people often taking out card and putting it back killing the slot, it is a common thing.

Ahh okay well I didn't want to corrupt the sysnand when I first got my switch it was dirty sysnand I had used Haku33 to clean it up and redo the emmunand. I guess I'll just wait then until 9.1.0 becomes obsolete and just use my license.

I saw a double emmummc but I'm not that skilled to be editing my bootloader and I may mess something up lol

Drakov64

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all, glad to be with you today !

I have a question...I want to do simple things on my Switch : modding games. Mainly, modding my FE Three Houses units, modding my character on Streets of Rage 4 to play as NPCs and give myself all the Pokémon I want on Sword&Shield.

I have all these games on cartridge (except SoR which will come later)

My question is : to get these mods working, do I HAVE TO install Atmosphere?

If I HAVE TO, then, will I able, in one way or another way, to keep my Nintendo account ? I fear getting banned when I don't play online at all and want to stay as legit as possible - only modding my games to add a bit of fun

I thank y'all for the answers to come :)

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've got a game nagging me to update, apparently it wants 9.2. I'm waiting for cables to see if I can push a payload onto my Switch, but as it came with 5.1.0 (and still is on it), I've got my doubts that I can do anything with it. Any way I can get my Switch to recognize this game?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, glad to be with you today !

I have a question...I want to do simple things on my Switch : modding games. Mainly, modding my FE Three Houses units, modding my character on Streets of Rage 4 to play as NPCs and give myself all the Pokémon I want on Sword&Shield.

I have all these games on cartridge (except SoR which will come later)

My question is : to get these mods working, do I HAVE TO install Atmosphere?

If I HAVE TO, then, will I able, in one way or another way, to keep my Nintendo account ? I fear getting banned when I don't play online at all and want to stay as legit as possible - only modding my games to add a bit of fun

I thank y'all for the answers to come :)
You do not have to use Atmosphere as there are 2 other CFW you can use which are ReiNX and Atmosphere. However SX OS requires money to unlock all of its features and ReiNX does not support any firmware higher than 9.X. Also bans rarely affect Nintendo Accounts but if you fear getting banned, then you should not hack the console. Lastly, Atmosphere nor any CFW for that matter is installed to the console. They are all loaded temporarily however using any CFW or homebrew still predisposes the console to a risk of a ban.

I've got a game nagging me to update, apparently it wants 9.2. I'm waiting for cables to see if I can push a payload onto my Switch, but as it came with 5.1.0 (and still is on it), I've got my doubts that I can do anything with it. Any way I can get my Switch to recognize this game?
Is it a game (software) or firmware update?

huhuacnl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello !
Please is there a way to play online with a hacked switch ? Last time I checked in 2019 it wasn’t possible I was just wondering if there is a new way to do so. thanks

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
(1) Is it possible to remove a certificate from a dumped xci and replace it with another certficate? And how?

(2) If I dump an xci without certificate in nxdumptool, will this xci really have no certificate or will it have something like a fake certificate?

Bazal68k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got the wake from sleep crash issue occurring on Atmosphere booted with Hekate on 10.0.2.

I thought it might be a fuse burn mismatch caused by official update but SXOS wakes from sleep without issue. I've been using m4xw's sys-clk on one of my SDs and understand that sys mods can cause this issue. Do I need to remove the sys mod or should it unload itself if the SD card is not in use?

Checked on Hekate and fuse burn count is 10 on my system. (doesn't sound right)

Is best course of action just to wait for next firmware and update with Choi?

Side note: Noticed some clipping and popping issues on Mario Odyssey when booted from XCi.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the wake from sleep crash issue occurring on Atmosphere booted with Hekate on 10.0.2.

I thought it might be a fuse burn mismatch caused by official update but SXOS wakes from sleep without issue. I've been using m4xw's sys-clk on one of my SDs and understand that sys mods can cause this issue. Do I need to remove the sys mod or should it unload itself if the SD card is not in use?

Checked on Hekate and fuse burn count is 10 on my system. (doesn't sound right)

Is best course of action just to wait for next firmware and update with Choi?

Side note: Noticed some clipping and popping issues on Mario Odyssey when booted from XCi.

Your fuse count should be around 13 you may have problems powering on OFW

Fuse Count.PNG

CharredPotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I made the mistake of updating from 9.2 to 10.0.2 on my emuMMC using ChoiDujourNX BEFORE updating Atmosphere and Hekate. I used this guide: *removed because I'm a noob and can't post links*

I updated Atmosphere and Hekate manually on the SD card. In Hekate, I tried to boot to emuMMC, and I land on a black screen with the following error:

Title ID: 010041544d530000
Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)
Report saved to ////xxxxxx.bin

I have no problem starting my setup from scratch if I need to, or if that's easiest. The only thing I would like to have back is an Animal Crossing save file. I tried backing up using Goldleaf, but it wouldn't show more than 16 titles on the screen, and I couldn't scroll, so I gave up thinking "I'm sure it'll be fine". So the save file is in it's native form in the emuMMC.

The micro SD card is 200gb, and is therefore formatted as exFAT. I know I selected exFAT when updating my firmware.

Should I run these scripts from my Mac?:
I can confirm that running sudo chflags -R arch on all directories aside from the official Nintendo directory has solved the issue.
Thanks in advance. Any help appreciated.

ToddJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Switch running 4.0.1 thats unpatched.

I'm wanting to have the clean OFW upto date so I can play legit games online however I want what I think is called an emunand where I can use hbg store etc offline how do I go about updating it safely

Last edited by ToddJr,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi I have a Switch running 4.0.1 thats unpatched.

I'm wanting to have the clean OFW upto date so I can play legit games online however I want what I think is called an emunand where I can use hbg store etc offline how do I go about updating it safely
Update with ChoiDujourNX.

Reactions: MSco

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@pLaYeR^^
I would also like to play online with ofw on sysnand and offline on cfw on emummc.
When updating with ChoiDujourNX, fuses are not burnt, right? However, when I want to play online on ofw, I have to burn fuses, or not? I am a bit confused about that.

Or do I have to update cfw with ChoiDujourNX first, and then update my ofw in a normal way?

Last edited by MSco,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1