Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play my legit copy of Monster Hunter Rise online, can I just restart the Switch in "clean" mode without any possibility to get banned?
The answer is yes but only if you have never run CFW or homebrew. If you have, then you still risk getting banned even if you boot the console without CFW because traces of CFW/homebrew persist after a shutdown.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I want to play my legit copy of Monster Hunter Rise online, can I just restart the Switch in "clean" mode without any possibility to get banned?
If by clean mode you mean OFW in SysMMC that you have never used for CFW (you have only used EmuMMC for CFW) then yes you can do that. However if you went online with CFW either in SysMMC or in EmuMMC without DNS mitm and/or Incognito then you are most likely already banned.

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi all,

I used SX in the past, with an unpatched Switch, but since SX is not getting any update anymore I wanted to move to atmosphere.

I followed this guide to perform the upgrade:
https://rentry.co/mys8q

It all worked well, I was also able to use atmosphere with the old emunand 8.X, but after I upgraded my emunand to 12.0.1 using daybreak atmosphere stopped working. I just get a black screen after atmosphere logo.

I tried the following:
- I tried an exfat and fat32 sd cards
- using mac or windows pc to follow the guides
- I used the following guides: https://rentry.co/mys8q and https://rentry.co/EristaEmuNAND
- I also tried the deepsea all in one package

none of this worked. I can not boot into emunand using atmosphere.

I CAN boot into sysnand though, but not emunand.

What can we do here? Is there a new updated guide where they tell you how to migrate set everything up? I also want to use the SX dongle.

Thank you!

Crimsonflare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it is obvious, but I want to know:

I updated my Switch by accident from 12.0.0 to 12.1.0 from the update nags opening a game. Now it won´t boot and says that my card should be FAT32 and it´s exFat, always been. I need to format to fat32 to make it work again? or Atmos stil doesn´t support 12.1.0? Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is obvious, but I want to know:

I updated my Switch by accident from 12.0.0 to 12.1.0 from the update nags opening a game. Now it won´t boot and says that my card should be FAT32 and it´s exFat, always been. I need to format to fat32 to make it work again? or Atmos stil doesn´t support 12.1.0? Thanks
Firstly, there is no 12.1, it is firmware 12.0.1. Secondly, because its such a minor increment of 0.0.1, the version of Atmosphere that supports 12.0 also supports 12.0.1. Thirdly, the general consensus is that everyone should be using FAT32 because exFAT can corrupt your SD card unlike FAT32 so now is your chance to switch to FAT32.

goteks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
.hello, being on atmosphere, i was wondering if there was any way to use the gallery app so see screenshots and video?

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is ChoiDujourNX still the most recommended method for updating FW? And what is the most recommended FW at the moment? (the one with the biggest support and safe to update to)

cathor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick one. If I don’t care much about being banned or burning fuses, is it safe to update just the regular way? I have updated to latest atmosphere and now I want to go from fw 11 to 12.0.1.

Cheers,

TiaguituhNX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi there. If can someone help me I appreciate a lot.

I update from 11.0.1 to 12.0.0 and after that my games in SD card keeps saying that a problem occurred. How I solve this problem ?

New games installed don't have any problem at all.

Cheers

EDIT

I think I solved the problem with Hekate doing restore bits in tools options.

Last edited by TiaguituhNX,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me see a screenshot of the error code.

Is ChoiDujourNX still the most recommended method for updating FW? And what is the most recommended FW at the moment? (the one with the biggest support and safe to update to)
Well ChoiDujourNX does not support any firmware higher than 11.0.1 but that is good in your case since firmware 12.0 is still unstable and not recommended unless you play online or accidentally updated.
Quick one. If I don’t care much about being banned or burning fuses, is it safe to update just the regular way? I have updated to latest atmosphere and now I want to go from fw 11 to 12.0.1.

Cheers,
Well if you don't care about bans or fuses, you can certainly update normally but why the rush to update to firmware 12.0.1? No games, updates, nor DLC require that firmware yet.

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let me see a screenshot of the error code.

Well ChoiDujourNX does not support any firmware higher than 11.0.1 but that is good in your case since firmware 12.0 is still unstable and not recommended unless you play online or accidentally updated.
Thanks. Every game up to this point is supported in FW 11.0.1?
I want to update it specially for Monster Hunter Rise though. And I don't play anything in it online.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Every game up to this point is supported in FW 11.0.1?
I want to update it specially for Monster Hunter Rise though. And I don't play anything in it online.
To put it into perspective, firmware 12.0 was released a month ago. Video game development on the other hand takes several months if not at least a year. So for a game to require firmware 12.0, it would had to have been developed and released within the last month. If you know of any games that fit that criteria, please let me know because I certainly do not know of any titles that meet that criteria.

Reactions: CassioAug

Emergencyketchup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty new to switch modding. I followed this guide: switch.homebrew.guide
After atmosphere boots up, youtube and the nes emulator show up, but all the other tiles/icons are transparent, theres like 10 of them. I was wondering if I did something wrong. Or if someone could possibly point me in the right direction? I appreciate any help as I'm just following tutorials and really don't know what I'm doing.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty new to switch modding. I followed this guide: switch.homebrew.guide
After atmosphere boots up, youtube and the nes emulator show up, but all the other tiles/icons are transparent, theres like 10 of them. I was wondering if I did something wrong. Or if someone could possibly point me in the right direction? I appreciate any help as I'm just following tutorials and really don't know what I'm doing.
What do you mean by "the other tiles/icons are transparent"? Do you mean they are black squares that match the background of the home menu or did you install other titles but cannot launch them for some reason?

Emergencyketchup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "the other tiles/icons are transparent"? Do you mean they are black squares that match the background of the home menu or did you install other titles but cannot launch them for some reason?
Yes, sorry. If I touch one it makes the click noise but doesn't do anything.

Cmora24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hey Guys,

I am new to using atmosphere, Yesterday I followed one tutorial and was able to boot on CFW, however when I tried to install tinfoil it got on a circle loop and never gets installed,

I am on 12.0.1 with the last of atmosphere, Can someone please give me a hand or steps to perform to install any NSP or XCI games with tinfoil or godleaf

Also, I used a 64 SD card and I want to change to a new 126 that I just bought, there is a problem if we start from scratch I guess

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, sorry. If I touch one it makes the click noise but doesn't do anything.
You didn't answer my question though. Are those just tiles that match the background or are they actually installed titles that simply do not launch?

Hey Guys,

I am new to using atmosphere, Yesterday I followed one tutorial and was able to boot on CFW, however when I tried to install tinfoil it got on a circle loop and never gets installed,

I am on 12.0.1 with the last of atmosphere, Can someone please give me a hand or steps to perform to install any NSP or XCI games with tinfoil or godleaf

Also, I used a 64 SD card and I want to change to a new 126 that I just bought, there is a problem if we start from scratch I guess
I don't recommend using either of those title managers. Instead, I strongly advise you to use TinWoo Installer instead. Also, there is no harm in swapping SD cards unless you setup partition-based emuMMC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm