Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it’s a pice of hardware that bridges a pin to ground to trick the Tegra chip into maintenance mode.

heres an example Jig.
Yeah, the guide should explain things like that. How would I know otherwise. I'll see what I can find on amazon and reach out to my old GBATemp buddies. Thanks.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the guide should explain things like that. How would I know otherwise. I'll see what I can find on amazon and reach out to my old GBATemp buddies. Thanks.
All good. They are getting expensive on Amazon due to Ninty sending C&Ds to people selling them. RCM Loader is a good one (but this one is $$$$)

Good luck!

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have some tickets leftover from when I installed some NSPs a while ago, but I want to legally purchase those same games, is there a way to safely remove the tickets with a minimal risk of getting banned? And if i have to install a CFW to do so, can I remove it right after so I can go back to sysNAND?

docians

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll admit I am an atomosphere noob
after three days of following different guides I have finally made the transition from sx to atmosphere

I have the following
system version 13.1.0
atmosphere 1.2.4
my sigpatches are the latest itotaljustice ones

my issue is this
new titles install and play flawlessly

older titles that I previously used to play on sx- I can neither launch them nor reinstall them

So to my noobish mind it does not seem like a sig patch issue

I have even downgraded my FW to 11, but it has not made a difference to launch those older games with no luck

I suspect I have to delete traces of those old games on my sd card or console memory but I am not clever enough to figure out how
Any help appreciated

TLDR
upgraded to atmosphere, latest sigpatches
can install and play new games
cannot play/ install, older, previously installed games
any help appreciated thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have some tickets leftover from when I installed some NSPs a while ago, but I want to legally purchase those same games, is there a way to safely remove the tickets with a minimal risk of getting banned? And if i have to install a CFW to do so, can I remove it right after so I can go back to sysNAND?
Unless you have a clean eMMC backup made before running CFW/homebrew, there is no way to remove them without risking a ban.
I'll admit I am an atomosphere noob
after three days of following different guides I have finally made the transition from sx to atmosphere

I have the following
system version 13.1.0
atmosphere 1.2.4
my sigpatches are the latest itotaljustice ones

my issue is this
new titles install and play flawlessly

older titles that I previously used to play on sx- I can neither launch them nor reinstall them

So to my noobish mind it does not seem like a sig patch issue

I have even downgraded my FW to 11, but it has not made a difference to launch those older games with no luck

I suspect I have to delete traces of those old games on my sd card or console memory but I am not clever enough to figure out how
Any help appreciated

TLDR
upgraded to atmosphere, latest sigpatches
can install and play new games
cannot play/ install, older, previously installed games
any help appreciated thanks
If these games were installed via the SX OS app, they will need to be reinstalled. For some reason, TX adds an exclusive patch to all games installed with their CFW that only work under SX OS.

docians

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unless you have a clean eMMC backup made before running CFW/homebrew, there is no way to remove them without risking a ban.

If these games were installed via the SX OS app, they will need to be reinstalled. For some reason, TX adds an exclusive patch to all games installed with their CFW that only work under SX OS.
that exactly is my problem
I cannot reinstall the games I had previously installed
have deleted previous game files, and tried to resintall with awoo/ goldleaf/ tinfoil and get installation errors
no issues new games that were not previously installed

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For “local update” I am talking about this feature: https://en-americas-support.nintend.../how-to-update-software-data-via-a-local-user

It is the only way I have heard of to have an unmodified switch install an update that isn’t latest version, but it requires a second switch that currently has that game version with that game version being the highest installed version between the two switches. Notice it says that neither switch needs an internet connection, it doesn’t download the latest version.

For the second part, I want to transfer my 1.0.0 sysnand save. The only thing I am using emunand for is to use “local update”. If I have a clean Sysnand and transfer an unmodified save from it that should be safe, right?
Hmmm. I see, it does require both switch to be on same Firmware so it must do a fw check. Idk if thatll be safe(ban wise) tbh. But your question on the sysnand save transfer, yea thats safe(albeit with minimal risks running basic cfw in sysnand)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that exactly is my problem
I cannot reinstall the games I had previously installed
have deleted previous game files, and tried to resintall with awoo/ goldleaf/ tinfoil and get installation errors
no issues new games that were not previously installed
What error do you get when you try installing them?

clothbeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Merry Christmas Fellas.
I have something that is more annoying than a problem
Got my switch flashed with latest atmosphere etc. Everything runs good.
In the emummc i have my Profile from the sysmmc with my savedata.
The thing is, in emummc i have disabled the internet.
Everytime i try to start a game now i get the message that i dont have a internetconnection and when i close the message i get the next message that the cloudsavemanagement isnt working
Is there a method to disable those notifications ?
Just wanna start my games

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Merry Christmas Fellas.
I have something that is more annoying than a problem
Got my switch flashed with latest atmosphere etc. Everything runs good.
In the emummc i have my Profile from the sysmmc with my savedata.
The thing is, in emummc i have disabled the internet.
Everytime i try to start a game now i get the message that i dont have a internetconnection and when i close the message i get the next message that the cloudsavemanagement isnt working
Is there a method to disable those notifications ?
Just wanna start my games
Try enabling Airplane Mode.

comegalletas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a silly question that I had been not able to answer...
I am an old time SXOS user, recently did dual boot with Atmosphere, but for the love of God I'm not able to run NSP on Atmos.
Installed sigpatches, used Linkalho, even installed Deepsea but still in all tries it either asks to disable Airplane mode or I get error 2155-8007

Atmos 13.0.0|AMS 1.3.5|E on hidden partition

Can someone help or point to what to look for? (I swear I had done search with no success)

BrokenHearted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I opened a new topic but was recommended to ask here.

I gave a Switch with Sx Pro to my nephew. My sister went over one day and wanted to play Animal Crossing with him so she tried to update the console. Now, the console just says an update is ready to be installed. I don't know what version the console was upgraded to or how she tried doing it.

If I use the jig, I can get the SX Pro screen to show up but if I try to load up custom firmware, the screen just goes dark.

Is there anything I can do? How can I delete the update file that's ready to be installed ?

Any help appreciated.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a silly question that I had been not able to answer...
I am an old time SXOS user, recently did dual boot with Atmosphere, but for the love of God I'm not able to run NSP on Atmos.
Installed sigpatches, used Linkalho, even installed Deepsea but still in all tries it either asks to disable Airplane mode or I get error 2155-8007

Atmos 13.0.0|AMS 1.3.5|E on hidden partition

Can someone help or point to what to look for? (I swear I had done search with no success)
Where did you download your patches from?
Hello. I opened a new topic but was recommended to ask here.

I gave a Switch with Sx Pro to my nephew. My sister went over one day and wanted to play Animal Crossing with him so she tried to update the console. Now, the console just says an update is ready to be installed. I don't know what version the console was upgraded to or how she tried doing it.

If I use the jig, I can get the SX Pro screen to show up but if I try to load up custom firmware, the screen just goes dark.

Is there anything I can do? How can I delete the update file that's ready to be installed ?

Any help appreciated.
Are you sure she didn't already install the system update that was ready? Because if so, that would explain why loading CFW doesn't work; SX OS doesn't support the latest firmware.
Just tryed it. Then i get the message i shall please disable airplane mode instead of no internet connection
The message with cloudsaving still occures
Do you have the patches to launch backups already on your SD card?

comegalletas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Where did you download your patches from?

Are you sure she didn't already install the system update that was ready? Because if so, that would explain why loading CFW doesn't work; SX OS doesn't support the latest firmware.

Do you have the patches to launch backups already on your SD card?
Thanks for asking Draxz...
I'm currently re installing a couple nsp, and also loaded directly from a fusee.bin from the bootloader (just to be sure)

The sigpatches I got are from here:
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for asking Draxz...
I'm currently re installing a couple nsp, and also loaded directly from a fusee.bin from the bootloader (just to be sure)

The sigpatches I got are from here:
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases
That explains the problem. Many users have issues downloading patches from there and I don't understand why people continue using it. Never download patches from there. Only download patches from this thread. Its where I get my patches from and I never have any issues using it.

Zoranbro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there. I got a problem with installing and starting newer games: firmware 13.1.0 atmosphere 1.2.5

when i use tinfoil to get newer games or awoo, they won't start. I just receive an error and it promts me to check for an error then it says the game is faulty and needs to be downloaded again. Old games on my current SD i have since before i updated to 13.1.0 work, but i checked some from older SD cards, they don't work anymore, what can i do? I tried updating the sigpatches from ITotalJustice and the one from the thread. Still the same problem.

comegalletas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That explains the problem. Many users have issues downloading patches from there and I don't understand why people continue using it. Never download patches from there. Only download patches from this thread. Its where I get my patches from and I never have any issues using it.
Thanks Draxzelex, the sigpatches or either loading directly with fusee instead of Hekate did the trick.
Now I need to go thru installing Just Dance 2021 multi part.

Thanks again

Reactions: Draxzelex

pokiepoke24

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

Would greatly appreciate if someone could help. I read various thread and attempted different method to fix my issue but it hasn't worked out.

I have unpatched switch, sys firmware 12.0. SX OS dongle mod previously with Emunand (Can't access Emunand).

Updated switch back in May to FW 12.0 to play Unite with friends and family not knowing what was happening to the CFW scene/ SX OS at the time.

Reading on everything that happened this year now (busy with work an finally on break). Only to realize the SX OS dongle doesn't work because it's not on FW 11.0.0 or lower.

My situation is that I cannot boot into SX OS, attempted to go through the tutorial to install the latest Atmosphere, updated all the previous payloaders to current versions. None of these option appear to work when attempting to boot into any CFW. Wanted to attempt Haku33 only to realize you need a launcher.

What are my options? Update to current FW13 in hopes the latest bootloaders work?

Attached an image of what I have on my SDcard if it makes things easier or if I'm mistaken about my previous mod.

Thank you!
Switch SDcard.PNG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty