Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys.. I fix it.. I restored my older Nand (14.1.1) which hasn't the Boot0/1. I had to create them self with EmmcHaccGen. Idk if it works with 17.0.0.

Try it out if it works for you too. But please do a Backup of your rawnand and Boot0/1 first if it gets wrong!

if you download the FW of 17.0.0, using EmmcHaccGen with your Prod.Keys. You should get Boot0.bin and Boot1.bin. Delete the ".bin" extension from them. Put them into backup/nandID/restore. Then boot into Hekate (if you can), restore your Boot0/1 and boot the console. It worked for me with 14.1.1

-edit-

updated it from 14.1.1 to 17.0.0 and it starts now perfectly. Whew. I wish you very luck guys!

Last edited by Justin20020,
Reactions: eddymcshmeerman

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can boot to OFW by either:
- In Hekate press "Reboot" then "OFW"
- for unpatched units: be sure to have removed autorcm, and just power off and on Switch without going to RCM

No other option. If you are trying anything else, you are not trying to run 100% OFW

Reactions: BigOnYa and impeeza

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can boot to OFW by either:
- In Hekate press "Reboot" then "OFW"
- for unpatched units: be sure to have removed autorcm, and just power off and on Switch without going to RCM

No other option. If you are trying anything else, you are not trying to run 100% OFW
only if you're lower than 17.0.0 at the moment I think. Because AMS isn't compatible with the latest FW at the moment. But it seems that is a Boot problem

Laufzeitfehler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think for me my Switch ist gone 😏

I opened the console and If i try to Boot (Pico or ofw) the console ist starting with strange sound to Pico but one or two seconds later IT goes black. Sounds Like a Jet but the Fan is off. Also the CPU is super hot in Seconds. I think there is a short anywhere. I desoldered the Pico but nothing changes.

• Wow
Reactions: QCLasky

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
only if you're lower than 17.0.0 at the moment I think. Because AMS isn't compatible with the latest FW at the moment. But it seems that is a Boot problem
No, this works always. Atmosphere is completely irrelevant here. I mentioned only Hekate there for a reason.

marcocspc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys! If you, like me, are going to restore an old SYSNAND backup and doesn't want to lose your save files, refer to this guide to extract the saves from your "corrupted" SYSNAND. Before restoring the old backup, as @Justin20020 did, make a backup of your corrupted sysnand and extract the save files from there. I'm still thinking on how I will insert those files again in my Sysnand once it is up and running again without tainting my OFW, but at least I will backup my current saves first.

Laufzeitfehler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think for me my Switch ist gone 😏

I opened the console and If i try to Boot (Pico or ofw) the console ist starting with strange sound to Pico but one or two seconds later IT goes black. Sounds Like a Jet but the Fan is off. Also the CPU is super hot in Seconds. I think there is a short anywhere. I desoldered the Pico but nothing changes.
Im not sure what ist wrong with my Switch..
After the Update in ofw the Switch stops working with strange noises.
I desoldered the Pico and nothing has changed.
Shit Happens but i tried it again. I resoldered all over again and take alternative Points. For now its working (for sure only ofw on 17.0 and emummc with old Firm) - i think gnd Point has some Problem.
For me it has nothing to do with the latest Systemupdate. I Hope this was simply bad soldering 😁.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey guys! If you, like me, are going to restore an old SYSNAND backup and doesn't want to lose your save files, refer to this guide to extract the saves from your "corrupted" SYSNAND. Before restoring the old backup, as @Justin20020 did, make a backup of your corrupted sysnand and extract the save files from there. I'm still thinking on how I will insert those files again in my Sysnand once it is up and running again without tainting my OFW, but at least I will backup my current saves first.
If you restore just SYSTEM/boot0/boot1 saves and games should be kept.

lukassad

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I'm having the same problem. I used to have a hacked switch but i went through the process of "undoing the CFW" a long time ago, and after the update when I turn the switch on it just displays the nintendo logo then fades to black. My last nand backup is from december of 2019. Can anyone help me fix this?

Last edited by lukassad,

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey everyone, I'm having the same problem. I used to have a hacked switch but i went through the process of "undoing the CFW" a long time ago, and after the update when I turn the switch on it just displays the nintendo logo then fades to black. My last nand backup is from december of 2019. Can anyone help me fix this?
Just wait for atmosphere updates. No need to risk a brick restoring and old backup

Reactions: impeeza

OMGesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys.. I fix it.. I restored my older Nand (14.1.1) which hasn't the Boot0/1. I had to create them self with EmmcHaccGen. Idk if it works with 17.0.0.

Try it out if it works for you too. But please do a Backup of your rawnand and Boot0/1 first if it gets wrong!

if you download the FW of 17.0.0, using EmmcHaccGen with your Prod.Keys. You should get Boot0.bin and Boot1.bin. Delete the ".bin" extension from them. Put them into backup/nandID/restore. Then boot into Hekate (if you can), restore your Boot0/1 and boot the console. It worked for me with 14.1.1

-edit-

updated it from 14.1.1 to 17.0.0 and it starts now perfectly. Whew. I wish you very luck guys!
Hi, I’m having these same issues as everyone else. Do you think this will work with my version 16.1.0 nand backup?
Post automatically merged:

-edit-

Hey, nice work. I’m having the same issue as everybody here. Do you think this will work with my 16.1.0 nand backup? I used hekate to backup boot 0/1 and raw. Also I used lock pick for getting the keys. Will this work somehow?

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France

-edit-

Did you updated it through Daybreak or with the official Nintendo thing ?

Thanks for putting the instructions on how you fixed it. I mean, I have no use for it but it's a nice gesture.

I'm just wondering if the way you updated could have made the boot partition break. As Nintendo could update something that Daybreak didn't planned to, hence the need to wait for updates for atmosphere and stuff just to be safe. Idk, I have no clue I'm just wondering.

Glad you worked it out

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Did you updated it through Daybreak or with the official Nintendo thing ?

Thanks for putting the instructions on how you fixed it. I mean, I have no use for it but it's a nice gesture.

I'm just wondering if the way you updated could have made the boot partition break. As Nintendo could update something that Daybreak didn't planned to, hence the need to wait for updates for atmosphere and stuff just to be safe. Idk, I have no clue I'm just wondering.

Glad you worked it out
No, it is a nand backup. You dont use daybreak to do it. I would tecomend you to wait for atmosphere update (just wait a few days) if you dont know how to restore a nand backup. If you do something wrong, may cause a brick
Post automatically merged:

As figure, hekate need an update for firmware 17.0.0
Actually, you need an atmosphere update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol